Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

New Feature: "Enemy A.I. Simulate Dead" which makes A.I. if hit by a bullet randomly simulate dead.
Well i think you will never see any of the S.L.X. features in Group Link 4.

I don't know how they work exactly and i'm not a big fan of copy featurs from other projects into mine.

Fully understand about the using-other-people's-features thing :)

Got to say though, SLX uses a wounding system that allows enemy units to fall as though dead, and then recover somewhat to cause you trouble later on. It's a VERY nice activity and forces you to put a few extra rounds into a "dead" body in case it recovers :)

Sounds a little like your new "possum" feature :) which should be very nice indeed.

(Actually, as part of a small internal "competition" we set up between JTD, TRexian had dragged 3 dead bodies into a line for a screenshot, and went looking for the 4th dead body. When he got back, one of the 3 bodies had disappeared somewhere, had got up & hidden while he was away :D blood trails FTW ;))

Yes the "Simulate Dead" feature really can making the life of players very difficult.

There are 2 way's ( without hunting extra bullets into a unit ) to find out if enemy A.I. still is alive ( simulate dead ) or if they are really dead.

But i guess everyone should find this out by himself. Sometimes less info is more. ;)

Edit:

Oh well just forgot about it.

Currently i'm trying to make a new kick ass intro but so far i could not get something big out of it. :(

Also i'm not really skilled with the camera.

If someone would be interested in making a new intro for Group Link 4 it would be really greate.

All Group Link 4 features are available during the intro too so there really could be made something really cool.

Edited by SNKMAN

There are 2 way's ( without hunting extra bullets into a unit ) to find out if enemy A.I. still is alive ( simulate dead ) or if they are really dead.

But putting extra bullets in works though, right? :)

Yeah for sure. That's the 100% safe way. :D

Does the other way involve teabagging? :D

Here's hoping! :beer:

Note To Those Playing GL4 + ACE2:

If you are playing with ACE2 flashbangs, you need to turn off the GL4 Explosion FX feature. If you don't, you will suffer from concussion (thrown to the ground struggling) and damage from your flashbang as it will be treated as an explosion.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Does the other way involve teabagging? :D

Here's hoping! :beer:

In real life, and in my experience, teabagging people who are pretending to be dead makes them change their stance.

And, indeed, their combat mode.

snkman,

I have put this code in my init.sqf and added a GL4_settings folder to my mission folder. With copies of GL4_Global.sqf, GL4_Local.sqf and GL4_Random.sqf in the gl4_settings folder. When I load my mission and play it, the mission is still using settings from the GL4 in my main ARMA2 directory.

I am hosting and playing from the same computer, not sure if this is a factor. I would like to be able to change GL4 settings from my mission folder , so I don't have to change the files in ARMA2\userconfig\GL4 every time I load a different mission. What else do I need to do? I have search this thread but did not find the answer.

Code:

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Global") };

#include "GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf";

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Local") };

#include "GL4_Settings\GL4_Local.sqf";

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Random") };

#include "GL4_Settings\GL4_Random.sqf";

BTW Thanks for all your hard work on GL4. Me and all my friends that play love it.

Will the next version of this have enemy AI investigate sounds of gunfire of their teammates as well as my own?

Edited by Njayjay

@Nomadd

What else do I need to do?

Well may the settings are loaded too fast after each other.

Try with "execVM" which by default need a few ms to execute or may with a sleep.

execVM:

[] execVM "GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf";

[] execVM "GL4_Settings\GL4_Local.sqf";

[] execVM "GL4_Settings\GL4_Random.sqf";

Sleep:

sleep 0.1;

sleep 0.1;

sleep 0.1;

@Njayjay

Next version will add the "Advancing" and "Suppressed" feature to work with friendly A.I. too.

@Nomadd

Well may the settings are loaded too fast after each other.

Try with "execVM" which by default need a few ms to execute or may with a sleep.

execVM:

[] execVM "GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf";

[] execVM "GL4_Settings\GL4_Local.sqf";

[] execVM "GL4_Settings\GL4_Random.sqf";

Sleep:

sleep 0.1;

sleep 0.1;

sleep 0.1;

@Njayjay

Next version will add the "Advancing" and "Suppressed" feature to work with friendly A.I. too.

Very good. Hoped you will include this. Ahhh, and I already thought the new version is out...ok will have to wait longer. :rolleyes:

hello,

I'm working on a mission using Avgani island addon, The mission is basically US army going after terrorists hiding on a nearby building, I'm having trouble making the AI search the building to kill the hiding terrorists, they just circle it or fire at it. I'm using ACE2 + ace_zeus + GL4.

I believe the Gl4 Static Module would make AI garrison and search building. Please assist me with this problem. Thanks

The "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" is like it says only used by the enemy A.I.

This means units/groups friendly to your ( player ) side do not use the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" features.

This means enemy A.I. will use the "House Search" feature only.

Also the "Group Link 4: Static" module is used to initialize enemy A.I. groups which can NOT be requested as reinforcement but can request other NOT "Static Groups" as reinforcement.

SNKMAN my question is if the enemy AI will react to the gunfire of other enemy AI, as was mentioned before. Right now they only react to gunshots from an opposing side. I'm wondering if now the AI will react to hearing the gunshots of their own side too (when within the detection range). In other words will they investigate friendly gunfire when they hear it? I don't know how to word this question any other way.

Edited by Njayjay

Ah okay now i get what you want.

Well defenetly no. Why should enemy A.I. advance after hearing gunfire from their own side?

Just think about it.

Enemy A.I. groups which are advancing to your direction will return and walk directly into the wrong direction after hearing gunfire of any other A.I. friendly to them.

Missions which would allow enemy A.I. to advance to gunfier from friendly ( enemy A.I. ) would end in a total chaos becouse the groups would walk in different directions from where the gunfire came from all the time.

Ah okay now i get what you want.

Well defenetly no. Why should enemy A.I. advance after hearing gunfire from their own side?

Just think about it.

Enemy A.I. groups which are advancing to your direction will return and walk directly into the wrong direction after hearing gunfire of any other A.I. friendly to them.

Missions which would allow enemy A.I. to advance to gunfier from friendly ( enemy A.I. ) would end in a total chaos becouse the groups would walk in different directions from where the gunfire came from all the time.

Hmm yeah I see the issue :)

What about a 2 tier system, the AI head toward any gunfire, but enemy gunfire will always trump friendly? My thinking here is that friendly fire must be firing at something ;) :D

Yeah of course there are ways of how to handle friendly and enemy gunfire but i really think that such a behaviour will only mix up things.

To me some features like "Advancing" and "Suppressed" should really stick to the player ( friendly A.I. ) only.

Like always i will think about it but currently i would say no. ;)

I can see why its not being put in, but SNKMAN how about trying it as a beta version after your next release (IE AI reacting to friendly fire) and passing it out via PM's etc and test the water?

Then again its your time and effort and easy for me to suggest eh :)

PPS - I really did think you posted & updated thread with new release version ... damn :)

I can see why its not being put in, but SNKMAN how about trying it as a beta version after your next release (IE AI reacting to friendly fire) and passing it out via PM's etc and test the water?

Then again its your time and effort and easy for me to suggest eh :)

PPS - I really did think you posted & updated thread with new release version ... damn :)

Seconded.

Hello, everyone.

This is my first post on these forums, but I've been reading them for about a month. :)

I love this mod, but I seem to have a problem..

I use these mods

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@GL4;@GDT

and about 90% of the time when I play with the "GL4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement" on my game freezes... usually it freezes after 2-15 minutes.

When the game freezes I can still hear some background sounds (like birds chirping, or a tank engine if there's a tank around), but it doesn't unfreeze... which means I have to end the process.

And because I have to end the game this way, no errors shows up in the Arma2.RPT file.

This problem started when I got ACE 2, but I have read through the ACE 2 thread and no one else seems to have this problem. :( That's why I'm posting here.

Does anyone know what's going on? I've tried everything, and the only thing that gets rid of the crashes is disabling the Enemy A.I. Enhancement. I've honestly spent five days trying to resolve this problem. I tried three different video card drivers, setting my CPU to stock speed, changing all the video settings in the options, reinstalling GL4 (with the SIX updater, and by just downloading and installing manually), and some other stuff.

And the only thing that fixes it is disabling the Enemy A.I. Enhancement..

Thanks in advance, guys.

Here's my specs

Q6600 processor at 2.8 Ghz

Nvidia GTX 280 (stock speeds)

4 GB of RAM

Two 500GB Seagate hard drives in RAID0

Razer HC-1 Soundcard

Low temperatures (antec 900 case) So it's not a temperature problem..

I'm 80% sure it's related to the Enemy A.I. Enhancement. I'll keep on playing without the Enemy A.I. Enhancement to make sure that that's what's causing the crashes and not something else.

Thanks again!

Edit: Just played for an hour and a half (too tired to play any longer) without any problems. Only difference was that the Enemy A.I. Enhancement was disabled.. so now I'm 95% sure that that is the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by Lollis25

Have you tried it with GL4 only and no other mods (AI enhancement on and then off tested), what happens?

Have you def-ragged the drive you use since installing these addons also. Whats the scenario that you are testing with, is it a mission, if so how many AI in the mission etc becuase that will take a toll on CPU, I notice yours is under my spec (I assume dual core?) so if its working things out then you do get an initialisation pause.

Also, have you updated CBA addon to the latest version, it uses this to initialise and older versions may cause a large init pause so get the latest CBA too. Also make sure you have latest updates of ACE.

PS - I do get a pause and chugs using the same mods on startup and the pauses can stop and cut all audio, I wait and then in rights itself, thats a 3gig CPU.

Oh and come to think about it, make sure you kill any background tasks and processes and optimise O/S when running (just a general comment).

Edited by mrcash2009

This is really weird... I have never heard of this strange problem. Lollis, have you tried playing Zeus AI mod? Do you get the same slow down?

Does this happen in specific mission or all of the time (editor, campaign etc.)?

Hm, Lodis, I have pretty much the system as you (Vista SP2, Q6600@2.6 ,4 gig RAM, 500 Gig Seagate, 2 XDX 4870 in CF) and I can play with GL4/ACE for hours without slowdown.