Sign in to follow this  
dust31

patching a dedicated server

Hi,

back to arma1 times to patch the game I just exported the registry key containing the install path and cd key from my comp and imported it on the dedicated machine (changing the install path) and I was able to patch.

Now with arma2 I dont seem to be able to do this anymore.

Could some1 confirm this is not possible or tell me what to do to make this possible pls?

Patch 1.04 was ok to upload but 1.05 touches about 7Gb of files even if patch itself is only 250Mb and this is taking ages to upload.

Not to mention this would help for future updates too.

Thx in advance and sorry if this was already discussed but I diddnt find anything relevant yet.

Yeah, if you have no direct installation/Steam-Version running on your server, uploading changed data is the only way. That´s the way BI suggests it to do also in several readme´s. There is no other way either to do it on Linux servers.

So uploading all changed data last night is what I did to get it running. You can squeeze out 2-3GB out of those 7GB changed files using 7-zip before uploading them. It took still 6-7 hours with my just 2Mbit Upstream but it works.

Best way to handle it, would be to contact another server admin who already updatet his server and request a Server->Server transfer. That´s done in a few minutes.

Yeah, if you have no direct installation/Steam-Version running on your server, uploading changed data is the only way. That´s the way BI suggests it to do also in several readme´s. There is no other way either to do it on Linux servers.

So uploading all changed data last night is what I did to get it running. You can squeeze out 2-3GB out of those 7GB changed files using 7-zip before uploading them. It took still 6-7 hours with my just 2Mbit Upstream but it works.

Best way to handle it, would be to contact another server admin who already updatet his server and request a Server->Server transfer. That´s done in a few minutes.

Actually I figured out why it didnt work with my pc registry key : i run a 32 bits OS and my server is 64 bits.

So I just tweaked the registry key and I was finally able to patch :

here is how to do :

you must have the arma1.01-1.04 (1.04 recommended) files on ur machine.

If you got 32 bits OS make a .reg file with these contents :

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2]

"MAIN"="C:\\GameInstalls\\arma2"

"KEY"=hex:XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX

change path and key to yours (check your key on ur own install)

for 64 bits OS :

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2]

execute the .reg file on ur machine

Install the patch

voila

I´m glad that it worked for you this way. I´ve tried something similar before but I didn´t get it working, might be that I did something wrong. I´ll try your way next time, thx for letting us know!

for 64 bits OS :

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2]

Worked like a charm, thanks.;)