jw custom

SP - Lone Wolf: Deadly Snake

Lone Wolf: Deadly Snake 1.0

-qD-sEPd-pI

Changelog:

v1.0

-Initial release

v1.1

-Added edited HALO from Manzilla's mission to make ACE's Shift-x functions work(thanks Manzilla)

-Removed the non HALO version

v1.2

-Moved objective nikolay to another building to avoid unexpected death :p

Required addons:

ACE 2

Quesh-Kibrul v2.0

Desert USMC Units

Situation:

As the most skilled sniper in your unit you have been chosen to take out several insurgent VIP's in and around Quesh-Kibrul. You will be doing a para insertion.

Download v1.2 from filefactory:

-> Lone Wolf: Deadly Snake

Download v1.2 from Armaholic mirror:

-> Lone Wolf: Deadly Snake (@)

Download v1.0 from ArmedAssault mirror:

-> Lone Wolf: Deadly Snake (@)

Edited by JW Custom

I get the parajump bug from ace so i can't use all the shift buttons anymore...

Is there a way to get round that?

I get the parajump bug from ace so i can't use all the shift buttons anymore...

Is there a way to get round that?

What is that bug about ?

If you parachute down you can't get the shift keys (wind direction, scopeadjustments, weapon jam, cqb sights, throwmodes) to work, it's a big problem in missions like dommination and i get it in this mission to.

But i think it's more of a problem for the ACE team.

If you parachute down you can't get the shift keys (wind direction, scopeadjustments, weapon jam, cqb sights, throwmodes) to work, it's a big problem in missions like dommination and i get it in this mission to.

But i think it's more of a problem for the ACE team.

Okay i'll make a version without the parachute insertion :)

Updated first post with a no parachute edition.

Edited by JW Custom

Okay i'll make a version without the parachute insertion :)

Updated first post with a no parachute edition.

Where you using HALO? If so I can show you how to change the BIS version so it doesn't conflict with the keys in ACE2. It's simple. Matter of fact my mission They came from above(ACE2 version) has it implemented if you want to take a look. I just had to move the BIS HALO folder into my mission folder and manually changed a few lines in the scripts.

Thanks for the SP mission. I'll check it out for sure.

Where you using HALO? If so I can show you how to change the BIS version so it doesn't conflict with the keys in ACE2. It's simple. Matter of fact my mission They came from above(ACE2 version) has it implemented if you want to take a look. I just had to move the BIS HALO folder into my mission folder and manually changed a few lines in the scripts.

Thanks for the SP mission. I'll check it out for sure.

Thanks for the info, i'll give your mission a looksy :)

Thanks for the info, i'll give your mission a looksy :)

Not a problem. If you need to know what was changed just let me know. I can't remember off hand but I'll take a look for you if needed.

Shit I may need to update it for the newest ACE2/ACEX version. You may get a dependency/deleted error for the old ACE2 sound files if you try to open it via the Editor. I'll take a look at that as well.

Edited by Manzilla

This mission seems like a simple and fun one. :)

However with the latest ACE build after landing with the chute none of the SHIFT+X functions works. Do you notice that as well? If you do i think its time to ticket it. I have to add that i never tested this mission with earlier ACE builds, but i take it worked when you made the mission.

Thanks for the mission JW.

This mission seems like a simple and fun one. :)

However with the latest ACE build after landing with the chute none of the SHIFT+X functions works. Do you notice that as well? If you do i think its time to ticket it. I have to add that i never tested this mission with earlier ACE builds, but i take it worked when you made the mission.

Thanks for the mission JW.

Personally i didn't notice it as i didn't use any of those functions while testing, but it was mentioned a few posts back which made me make a non parachute version.

Manzilla mentioned a workaround just haven't had the time to look into it yet... maybe today :)

*EDIT*

Mission updated, see first post :)

Edited by JW Custom

every time I play this I get the message "objective complete - nikolay is dead" as I am parachuting down to the ground.

nice mission, am finding it quite tough so far :eek:

every time I play this I get the message "objective complete - nikolay is dead" as I am parachuting down to the ground.

Thats because AI and buildings are not coop'ing well. I also get a objective complete message from time to time when a AI decides to commit suicide but thats far from everytime. But i'll give it a look and see if i can improve it.

nice mission, am finding it quite tough so far :eek:

If you find it too hard i suggest you change enemy skills and accuracy in your profile.

A few hints:

1. Have patience.

2. Make sure AI isn't looking your way when shooting.

3. Avoid shooting at non designated targets.

4. Make an getaway plan before you engage.

5. Hit your target with first bullet.

6. Makes sure the coast is clear before running from one position to another.

*EDIT*

Mission updated see first post (only the filefactory link is update version vice).

Edited by JW Custom