Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Eagle Wing (Spoiler alert!)

The problem is I have the same flying skills as a salmon. As in, 9 out of 10 times when flying a heli I plough full speed into a forest. I just can't do it.

Don't worry, my flying sucks bad too.

Just use the auto-pilot as sparks suggested. Fly over to Sparta, activate it, start spraying the SUs with MG as soon as it takes off, once it flies over use C or X to turn around and finish it with the missile.

A flight stick will make flying so much easier . After killing the froggys I had to drop into the trees for much of the trip to the next obj. I could never fly NOE (Nap of the Earth ) with only a mouse and keyboard.

Flying nap with keyboard is easy; it just requires practice. My tip for the above people:

Approach Sparta nice and slow, sitting in the forest. Ideal altitude is around 60m or so. Then, while the Frogfeet ( :P ) are taxiing away from you, pop up and do the good ole Sidewinder spam trick (tab/fire/tab/fire/tab/fire). If playing ACE, direct your gunner to do so. I've never been touched by the Frogfeet yet... they don't even get onto the runway.

Yeah ^^

Never been touched by them either. I basically did a sneaky sneaky and went up on the hill in front of the runway. It has a clearing in the forest up there. I place myself with my ass to the runway and the froggies fly past me over my head. Perfect to fire off the AA's. :) Remember guys the AA weapons doesnt have all the power in the world. You dont fire AA if a plane passes you from left to right. Not good. When they go straight away from you or coming straight for you is the most safest hits.

Hmmmm ... got to the "Conclusion" that was totally at odds with my ending of End of the World.

After getting blown out of the sky, got to the meeting point, met up with some Spetznaz, took up the "real gun", a VSS Vintorez, helped fight our way down to the coast and continued along to the harbour.

Here things get confusing. The Spetznaz squad leader tells everyone to go to the wrecked Humvee at the end of the dock. I proceed but nobody follows. Once I get past a certain point on the dock the Spetznaz leader says "Kill the American. We don't need him. He doesn't know where the shelter is."

When I get near the end of the dock, someone in a small motor boat calls out "Hey BLUEFOR, hop aboard." If you hop in, the Spetznaz open fire and kill you as you pull away.

You can get away successfully by turning around at the end of the dock, using the wrecked Humvee for cover and taking out the Spetznaz operatives with your uber-weapon. They don't shoot back, their response is "Blue on Blue!". If you jump in the boat after that you ride safely off into the sea ... After which I got into a never ending looping cutscene showing the Spetznaz guys staring out to sea saying "Maybe we shouldn't have gone this way ..." (or something like that). After quite a while in this loop I do L-"Shift", Numpad "-" "endmission".

The "Conclusion", "Endless Waiting" shows a cutscene of me being left behind on the dock (by the Spetznaz I killed previously, in the boat I sailed away on previously), as Chedaki start coming down the pier.

Of course it doesn't really matter in the end because the world gets nuked anyway. Still confusing, however.

Edited by MissionCreep

I just played this for the first time and was astounded ... a new take on the old nuclear missile bomb trope. It was not at all believable*, but this didn't hamper my enjoyment of it. I--without exaggerating--had all the hairs on my arms stand up repeatedly during this. It was actually rather horrifying. Things were so surreal that I wondered if the player's character had died in the first blast and was in Hell for the rest of the campaign.

Unfortunately, I suffered from one of the game-breaking bugs near the end (the one where the co-pilot refuses to stay behind on the dock, and points his gun at you forever), and so was unable to complete it, but, while searching for a fix, I read that I was pretty much at the end anyway. Well done, whoever made this campaign--even if there were one or two serious bugs that got through, and even though the plot did not follow logically--it was still a very immersive and original piece. Hats off.

*E.g. the pilot surviving the crash, all sides shooting at the pilot, the Spetsnaz sparing the pilot but killing everyone else, etc.

Edited by Echo38

I liked this mini-campiagn for few reasons:

-It was base on the ending of Harvest-Red after the nuclear bomb killed razor-team

-The effects of the titles and the pictures they put on EW! :)

-I'm so surprised that they mentioned me on EW's credits, why?

Great-Job BIS, continue with ARMA2:OA with more surprising stuff!!!!

Oh dear god. I was reading all the Spoilers expecting them to be about EW and instead you blow open the ending to Harvest Red for me (which I never reached due to bugs).

Still, that sounds amazing, might even leave my (bugged) Czech playthrough and revisit Harvest.

Oh dear god. I was reading all the Spoilers expecting them to be about EW and instead you blow open the ending to Harvest Red for me (which I never reached due to bugs).

Hah, same here!

Still, that sounds amazing, might even leave my (bugged) Czech playthrough and revisit Harvest.

There are multiple endings. So he only ruined one of them for you.

When I first bought ArmA 2 I avoided this campaign cos I thought it's crap (after hearing the This is Sparta line)

But a year later when I actually tried it out, I was immediately hooked by it and astounded how I missed out this amazing campaign for so long

I loved the "wtf" on the map of Australia in the end. A reference to the End Of Ze World flash video I presume. :cool:

Have not seen that video in years and was reminded of it lol.