Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Eagle Wing (Spoiler alert!)

what if I manage to move much faster than russians and reach the docks long before them, get in the boat (without killing its driver) and flee? I actually could have tried to do that when I played, but instead I decided to wait for the team to join me.

You get shot, I don't know how, probably just scripted and the ak sound plays while that's happening.

Easy way through Balota-part xD =

I managed to run all around Balota (on the airfield away from all the action), got there and my team hadn't even reached the middle of Balota yet. the teamleader says 'don't trust him, he doesn't know where shelter is; shoot him' when you shoot him, your team 'teleports' to you and you autosave at the docks, this saved me about 20 minutes of dangerous combat in balota ;) (played in expert mode and loved the immersion but I had already used my 1save and didn't want to spend too long on this bit:p)

Someone explain to me why the Spetsnaz were shooting Chedaki? And were the CDF even fighting the Chedaki? And who the heck nuked Brazil and Chile?

Watch this video

and look at 0:53, 1:09 and 1:19

You know the Australia 'easter egg':391: in the credits? (says 'wtf! ^^' on Australia if you haven't already spotted it) It leads me to think that the nukes in the credits were based on this video.

Spetsnaz were shooting Chedaki because the leader didn't trust them and wanted him and his team to survive. The CDF were fighting the Chedaki in the last village you have to take (Balota?).

When you load that part of the campaign, the comment says 'survival of the fittest' so yea, you're also racing for one boat (last men standing get the boat :D)

Ahh how I love the spoiler button :eyeheart:

Edited by SASrecon

The machine gunner pulled the shortest straw

Not set in stone. I pulled the shortest straw first time and the title Endless Waiting came up. ...I waited 40 minutes like an idiot until i understood the campaign had froze/bugged out LOL! :D

The excuse for one of "us" to stay behind and be the hero seems a bit weird, the spetnaz team leader must be pretty good at math.

I actually liked the voice acting because they sounded less like actors and more like normal ppl.

EW is a really nice treat but i wouldnt like the OA campaign to be so easy and the gameplay so scripted.

I still don't understand why the CDF soldier in the first camp shot at me :s

lol he was dead when I played the campaign...

lol he was dead when I played the campaign...

the one behind the barn? he shoots at you if you let him, and if you kill him then your guy says something like 'why did he shoot at me? has everyone gone crazy?'

I actually liked the voice acting because they sounded less like actors and more like normal ppl.

EW is a really nice treat but i wouldnt like the OA campaign to be so easy and the gameplay so scripted.

I am in full agreement here. EW was a nice and refreshing change of pace in arma campaigns, but one cant really do the same thing for OA with but loosing some of that authentic military sim feel that arma is great at

typically campaigns focus on the "doing" bit, and not so much the ends. you get some orders that involve killing or blowing stuff up. that model works great. the focus is on having fun doing your mission.

EW on the other hand is more cinematic in the way the mission is played out, and the focus is more along the lines of the experience and the end rather than the means by witch you get there (although the means is still just as harrowing as any other mission). you get the bonus of having actual personal connection with those in the mission as well as the way the mission ends. the endings are just as rewarding as the doing it bit

Not set in stone. I pulled the shortest straw first time and the title Endless Waiting came up. ...I waited 40 minutes like an idiot until i understood the campaign had froze/bugged out LOL! :D

Yeah, I know it's dynamic. There's a hotfix for the campaign available from the website.

Yeah, I know it's dynamic. There's a hotfix for the campaign available from the website.

Saw that. :)

And about CDF...

My thaughts was that it just went all against all cause of the situation... Everyone wants to keep their shit to themselves as this was the end of the world. Everyone frightened of everyone. When searching bodies you saw they had like 1 or 2 clips of ammo only. Kill and steal it to survive yourself was what everyone was doing i guess. At least that was my feelin about the whole thing. :)

'Twas good fun!

I had excellent fun potting bad guys with a CZ75 until I ran into the Spetznatz. I also fell into the "oh shit, the Spetz leader wants me dead" trap whereupon I shot the pilot in the head and attempted to make it to the boat alone. Only later I realised that he was referring to the dude in the boat.

Interestingly, you don't even need to shoot him. If you hesitate long enough, they'll kill him for you.

Even if you sprint away from the Spetz squad, one of them is setpos'd onto the dock to shoot you once you try and steal the boat with the other Marine.

Sadly for me, Mikhail drew the short straw and I received the business end of his AKSU.

Lol @ Australia. If only he'd been able to fit "mate" in there.

In the last town, did anyone else notice a dead woman standing up in the street? I thought I had to talk to her until I noticed she was hurt and her eyes were closed, but she wasn't making any noise.....was she a glitch?

'Twas good fun!

I also fell into the "oh shit, the Spetz leader wants me dead" trap whereupon I shot the pilot in the head and attempted to make it to the boat alone. Only later I realised that he was referring to the dude in the boat.

Indeed, this part was confusing

Sadly for me, Mikhail drew the short straw and I received the business end of his AKSU.

The first 2 times I finished the campaign I had this ending, I was not amused :p

Funny stuff concerning EW :

-the 3rd time I finished the campaing Mikhail lost his weapon during the big fight in Balota, so at the end he was standing on the dock without weapons. If he had drew the shortest match (again?!) maybe he would not have been able to shoot me !

- Once, the truck in Yelec started going to Balota and Lucin hadn't boarded the truck so he ran after the truck for a few moments

I still can't get into the truck, I've reloaded to before I join the squad. Healed up etc, all I get is a @^&$*^ order to man the static machineguns. :mad: :(

Edit: managed to do it, if you are injured at the point when you join the squad you can't do it so save often.

Edited by Gray1107

9/10, just because Ed Winters is NAVY and NAVY don't have Apaches. He should be Army. Arma is not CoD, so things must be authentic.

Finished w/o glitch, the part on the docks was a bit confusing, I didn't even realize I had to kill the guy in the boat. Russians did that.

It was depressing to be left all alone in the world with a bunch of SPETZNAZ.

Edited by Ferrando

Yes, I noticed that. But I think it was a left-over of it being changed from a Comanche to an Apache. Who knows, in Karel's alternate world, the Navy could be using Comanches. :D

Excellent campaign, hope to see more from BIS and Gaia!

Had a few nice flashbacks to Abandoned Armies too, that can only be a good thing. :D

I did pull the short straw and had the endless waiting cutscene, might have to fight that section again and see what else can happen.

I fired 8 sidewinders with a frontal active lock on one of the frogfoots taking off from the airfield and NONE of them hit... what did I do wrong? :( I kept frontal lock on tracking just to make sure even though it should not be necessary but it still won't hit :(
I can't get past taking down the planes at Sparta. I either get to close and get shot down or the planes get airborne and I am eventually massacred. Do the sidewinders lock? It seems like they don't lock.

I'm getting this too. Is there a reason the sidewinders can't seem to lock onto the Frogfoots?

It's more than likely the speed at which the Sidewinders travel + the speed at which the Su25s are moving, thus the Sidewinders don't change their course early enough and they just fly right past the planes. I found it easier to spray the cannon at them. Worked much better.

I'm getting this too. Is there a reason the sidewinders can't seem to lock onto the Frogfoots?

1.5 has seriously messed with the Tab+Fire system and I don't really see what replaces it.

I cannot get past Sparta for the life of me. I just get ritually owned by the frogfoots. Or the trees.

Spray them with the machine gun while they take off, then once they fly over send a missile their way. Worked the best for me.

Spray them with the machine gun while they take off, then once they fly over send a missile their way. Worked the best for me.

The problem is I have the same flying skills as a salmon. As in, 9 out of 10 times when flying a heli I plough full speed into a forest. I just can't do it.

Try flying slow, high, and use the autopilot to stabilize the helicopter if you feel like you are loosing control. When using the autopilot, turn the helicopter with the X and C keys.

I often use it when engaging targets, that way you can fully concentrate on the targets.

Edited by sparks50

Try flying slow, high, and use the autopilot to stabilize the helicopter if you feel like you are loosing control. When using the autopilot, turn the helicopter with the X and C keys.

Right, I'll give it another go. If all else fails, I'll skip the mission, no matter how great the shame is.