Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Eagle Wing (Spoiler alert!)

Seriously? Did you go to Utes and find the shelter, or did it end there?

The boat went away from the docks a little bit, and then the credits rolled after you hear the Russian Leader go out guns blazing in death. :(. After the credits a map of Utes thats similar in color to the World Map appeared. Then it ended for good. So I assumed they found the shelter.

+:

I really enjoyed the campaign. The music was awesome and fitted perfected - "To War" is now my favourite. The lone pilot mission brought back some "After Montignac" nostalgia along with the apocalyptic mood (music again).

-:

The last part at the docks demonstrates a weakness of the game (which should somehow be fixed IMO)... When I saw the docks I thought to myself: "This will not end well." But it did after all, through a clever workaround though.

It would be nice if the OA campaign took the same path - scripted, but at least providing a controled environment for the mission maker. The warfare campaign is too open for bugs and frustration, plus the gameplay type itself takes it's soul away. It feels like playing a complex RTS.

Yes, please, never, EVER, add warfare to a campaign again. As an online mode, ok. As a campaign.... eff that.

Yes, please, never, EVER, add warfare to a campaign again. As an online mode, ok. As a campaign.... eff that.

And this opinion has something to do with Eagle Wing. Me thinks not. :j:

Anyway. This was great. Nice little scenario. Atmosphere was very good. Stalker came into my mind. Funny how "small" things like changing color filter and adding some piano tunes gives mission better feeling. Don't remember the name of the guy who made this campaign, but he clearly had a vision and he made it happen. I wish there would be more campaigns like this with more missions and made with same detail.

NUKE! :yay:

Excellent campaign. The best ARMA 2 experience I've had so far. I hope OA will top it though :)

Nukes in official ArmA 2 stuff are scary because BIS generally doesn't do something unless it would actually happen.

Nukes in official ArmA 2 stuff are scary because BIS generally doesn't do something unless it would actually happen.

huh? arma 2 is a work of fiction and there are many inconsistencies with real life. it's still a game. scenarios in the game are not the be all end all of war scenarios.

for example, most of the top political scientists are predicting that the next major war will be over potable water. the scenario of russia vs. america is not in the realm of possibility anymore. both sides acknowledge the futility of open conflict.

Was that where the baby was crying?

BIS, MAKE MORE!

Oh god that was an amazing part.

My heart sank and I ran around the house trying to see if I can open the door. In reflection even if there was an option to save the baby, how could one do it in the company of only men. But that's another thing.

On another note, I think the voice acting was on the poor side(the voices themselves were so so, but most of the lines gave me an eeeehhh feeling), I mean it wasn't the best out there, but it did go along with the facial animations, which are somewhat similar to OFP ones. Still a way away from the reaches of HL2 and MW2. It would be awsome if it were on that level of facial animations.

The atmosphere was pretty damn cool. I thought it was going to be a helicopter campaign but I love how it wasn't. My first thought was "It's after Montiganc again, shit shit shit". I can see many possibilites and moral choices along the way. There are a few issues though, from start:

I'd have expected the spetznatz to be aggressive rather than friendly. After all, he's your enemy not your friend, in a situation like this, a man extra can mean you die. My first thought was that I screwed the mission up and was going to get executed or my face kicked in.

Next up was the peer in the end. I sprinted to the boat and I thought that I had three options:

jump in the boat with the american

shoot the american, steal the boat for myself

shoot the american, cooperate

Apparently, there's only one option. A bit of a shame really. I kept thinking that I was going to get betrayed at any moment now and that the spetznatz officer was going to execute me. Wierdly that didn't happen.

Strange. I kept thinking this is it, I'm on my own now. and bam bam, out of another firefight.

No, it isn't.

there's no rule about what american soldiers sound like. just because it doesn't fit your "ideal" doesn't mean it's wrong.

tim sounds like a 20-30 year old american in an adrenaline rush, which is accurate for the character.

Haven't read too much of this thread because I'm still early in the campaign and really want to savour it but so far it is really, really nice. The new lighting is great and you've created tremendous atmosphere. Flying around itself is a real joy and even though I'm no where near done, I sincerely hope you make more.:rthumb:

Ps.Playing with Ace+Snkman's insane effects make this a happy war dream.

I had one problem so far before the hotfix. Will test the fixed version. I got stuck at the Endless Waiting (coinsidence? lol) as i draw the shortest stick and waited some 40 minutes without anything happening.

EW...LOVED IT!!!

Awesome atmosphere sound / lighting / VO / effects...and story! 9/10 length being the only -1 point.

To the people bummed out by the ending don't be ,if my theory is correct we could see more missions , unofficially with some errmmmm...certain sci-fi addons.

see spoiler why ;)

If you look in trigger music you will find the song "SKYNET" the piano music you hear in EW. anyone up for porting the T-8OO from arma :)

@Soldier, I have been talking about the ArmA2 Terminator Mod for a while... now, who is going to be the resistance leader and make this mod come true! hehehehe! model for vulcan is already available in the stock game...hehehehe.. just mount it on T-100's arm!

Overall superb. Some bugs made things annoying (I had to do the get in the truck thing about 5 times as it would never let me board up) but really reminded me of the atmostphere and character of CWC or Resistance. More like this please BiS

I really enjoyed the campaing. It brang back the operation flashpoint feeling for me.

I like fighting with a squad where im not in command.

Please release more official mission or small campaing. The community creates good missions already but an official one is always welcome (and the people new to the game dont really know about all those custom missions).

Official coop mission like operation penetration from arma1 are also cool.

In the last mission, I wonder:

what if I manage to move much faster than russians and reach the docks long before them, get in the boat (without killing its driver) and flee? I actually could have tried to do that when I played, but instead I decided to wait for the team to join me.

Sequel to this capmaign would be fine. I imagine:

I guess they arrive at Utes, only non-nuked part of the world, looking for shelter, and face some more moral dilemmas.

EW has great atmosphere, I liked visuals, music was awesome and appropriate for a setting! Yes, it reminded me of Stalker, but I didn't expect pseudo-dogs to appear and yet atmosphere was spooky.

Edited by Mali Robot

Sequel to this capmaign would be fine. I imagine:

I guess they arrive at Utes, only non-nuked part of the world, looking for shelter, and face some more moral dilemmas.

Utes is too small to make for an interesting setting. Plus with all the events going from bad to worse I bet there's no shelter there anyway.

And this opinion has something to do with Eagle Wing. Me thinks not. :j:

The person right above me posted about how the warfare doesn't work so well, I agreed, so chill.:j:

I never found a shelter on Utes, so I'm guessing it's not actually there... heheh bigfoot what?

And honestly, if ArmA3 was STALKER: Chernarus, I wouldn't even mind if it was as atmospheric as EW... Although I guess it might get old after a while and would be hard to execute.

Edited by GRS

Utes is too small to make for an interesting setting. Plus with all the events going from bad to worse I bet there's no shelter there anyway.

For me, at the end of the credits, Utes was his directly, dead-centre by a nuke. The machine gunner pulled the shortest straw, there was a cut scene of us leaving in the boat. Credits. End credits. Utes destroyed.

While searching for a hint on how to enforce the 100m flight ceiling i stumbled across this little error:

init="this flyinheight 20; this enablesimulation galse";
Dunno if it breaks something though.

But i still got no idea about the maxflyingheight thingie :confused:

Someone explain to me why the Spetsnaz were shooting Chedaki? And were the CDF even fighting the Chedaki? And who the heck nuked Brazil and Chile?

Please excuse my bad English.

Although I have lurking here and the previous forums for ages I decided to signup just to say this:

WOW. EW campaign is awesome! The original Arma 2 campaign was/is horrible, buggy, short and imho boring but this... great atmosphere, excellent music, nice effects etc..

Man, if the upcoming expansion is anywhere near this level... good job BIS!

Someone explain to me why the Spetsnaz were shooting Chedaki? And were the CDF even fighting the Chedaki? And who the heck nuked Brazil and Chile?

I was wondering the same thing, as we (chile) dont have nuke capabilities and Brazil only has some nuclear reactors, but oh well, good campaign anyway

Spetsnaz were shooting Chedaki because the leader didn't trust them and wanted him and his team to survive. The CDF were fighting the Chedaki in the last village you have to take (Balota?). Who would nuke Brazil and Chile? I ask, who wouldn't? No just kidding. Maybe in this alternate time line they do have nukes or maybe the one side just wanted to take out everyone else. The whole 'if i can't survive, then no one else should' mentality.