Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Eagle Wing (Spoiler alert!)

I liked this mini-campiagn for few reasons:

-I'm so surprised that they mentioned me on EW's credits, why?

Showed me aswell, lol. Its probs in the code to mention your profile name.

I have got mixed feelings about the campaign, mostly due to the typical sniper-like AI in some areas, what I think were some insta-death scripts somewhere else and the fact that...

I got killed so many times by my "allies" due to them running where I threw a grenade, ignoring me when I got injured and THEN running in front of me while I was shooting. Not to mention that in Elite Warriors the enemies appeared to be targeting me and only me.

It wasn't bad and the plot twist

NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST!!!

was nice, with the ending being kinda depressing and funny at the same time due to the credits and the easter egg in the same.

It did made me want to finish the Harver Red campaign, that I abandoned after facing that annoying insta-death script in Bitter Chill :d:

Very entertaining and surprising plot. All thumbs up, BIS !:yay:

Played some more and i have to say you nailed it Gaia. This mission is really really fun and i love the end of the world part. I love the effects you added. All from the amazing thump sounds from the arty in Zelenogorsk to the blood splats and ground shakes. :)

Very well done mr. Making a mission of this caliber is nothing to sneeze at. It takes tons of time and effort.

Thank you Gaia and BIS - you rock on as usual. ;)

Alex

the ending is where it all fell apart.

so did anyone get the ending where you draw matches, and then ...literally an endless waiting cutscene plays?

I like bad endings! So, is there only 1 ending or more, i mean the matches part, will always be like that?

I can't get past taking down the planes at Sparta. I either get to close and get shot down or the planes get airborne and I am eventually massacred. Do the sidewinders lock? It seems like they don't lock.

I have to say pretty fun and nice atmosphere.

and at times very

STALKERish

BUT yo, what is uuuuup with the horrible horrible voice acting??? Really hope you consider getting something a little more pro for OA.

That was an epic campaign.

I did encounter one script missing error when I blew up a certain thing near the end.

One question, is this actually cannon, because I have a hard time believing there could be an ArmA 3 after this if it is. Also, wouldn't that interfere with OA if it was?

As for the campaign itself, before link up, i was getting depressed, and was swearing a lot thinking "oh god, i'm screwed!".

BUT yo, what is uuuuup with the horrible horrible voice acting??? Really hope you consider getting something a little more pro for OA.

I agree. Tim sounds like he hasn't even hit puberty. His skills reflect his age too, how many times do I have to fly around before Tim can hit his fucking target.
  • Haha 1

there is nothing wrong with their voices. that's what americans sound like.

Yes, but battle-hardened military officers in their 30s and 40s shouldn't sound like 9 year old children.

Edited by Laqueesha

Absolutely loved it, I wish there was more. Unfortunetly my ending was bugged (if it was the ending). Since I drew the last straw I got the "Endless Waiting" ending*. That cutscene didn't play trough as my character didn't do his animation, nor his dialog. I guess a trigger didn't start.

Other then that.. :)

Where you protect that boat while it's getting started and it's only room for 5. The ending result was that I had to stay.

Edited by colossus

The leader of the Spetsnaz had to stay behind for my campaign. Made me sad.... I liked him. I wanted Mikhail to stay behind :(.

I drew the shortest straw and i get to look at me staring at myself with a blank look on my face while it looks like the russian guy should be talking to me but nothing happens. If thats the end, this was a horrible campaign. 10 minutes of flying an antitank helicopter that is loaded with anti air missles. It has rocket pods but you can't use them? why no tank destroying madness? Disappointment.:confused:The plot was cool but there was nothing different than harvest red.

i hope arrowhead is good. i'm tired of being an american using russian equipment. What's the point of all the cool american stuff if we don't use them in campaigns? Again the plot was really good, could have done alot with it.

The leader of the Spetsnaz had to stay behind for my campaign. Made me sad.... I liked him. I wanted Mikhail to stay behind :(.

Seriously? Did you go to Utes and find the shelter, or did it end there?

The GPS with the satellite image over the runway... image in image no? :)

I drew the shortest straw and i get to look at me staring at myself with a blank look on my face while it looks like the russian guy should be talking to me but nothing happens.

Did you drop the weapons on the ground? He looks a while and then starts talking to you (takes some time). If thats the part you mean.

Edited by Alex72

Great atmosphere. I would love a full length follow-up campaign with the same atmosphere as the land part, as long as it maintained the hectic survival feel. The only thing I hated was how short it was. Well that and how crappy the frame rate was compared to other missions but it was still playable. Although the lighting at night reminded me of DR. Great job BIS.

I liked this mini-campiagn for few reasons:

-It was base on the ending of Harvest-Red after the nuclear bomb killed razor-team

-The effects of the titles and the pictures they put on EW! :)

-I'm so surprised that they mentioned me on EW's credits, why?

Great-Job BIS, continue with ARMA2:OA with more surprising stuff!!!!

Might want to throw up a spoiler warning regarding HR too... I haven't finished that one...

there is nothing wrong with their voices. that's what americans sound like.

No, it isn't.

Edited by GRS

Voice acting was a little horrible ,but best mini campaign - great work Gaia :p

After that nuke explo , it was epic atmosfere just like Stalker , i love it :)

I got mission UI bugged maybe due of stupid german lang ,because i don't saw any credits in the end , only that world map :D

I got mission UI bugged maybe due of stupid german lang ,because i don't saw any credits in the end , only that world map :D

Disabling english language mod fixed that for me.

Best campaign i played for a very long time! :thumb_down:

Brilliant campaign, some of the best immersion I've seen in ArmA2 so far.