Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

STALKERGB's UKSF

top stuff again, then i had a real look at the pic! saw the first one with the beanie hat and thought i know i bug Stalker again lol! no it a request any chance for a arctic camo version like how they look on CoD MW 2 the 2nd mission recovering the ACU module?

stalkergb do you have a bikey link for this mod so we can use on our server?

Right, think this is the one :)

BIKey Link

Thanks StalkerGB for these units. They friggin rock! Love the green wool hats. :)

Thank you.

Why? Are you a Commando Kid?

I know i am...in fact that's a pic of me in my Christmas outfit what I want to know is how hawkey got it?:rolleyes:

Why? Are you a Commando Kid?

No I am not a 'Commando Kid' I merely mentioning the likness of your 'UKSF' units apparel to that of the 'Commando kid' Clothing range nothing more nothing less.

No I am not a 'Commando Kid' I merely mentioning the likness of your 'UKSF' units apparel to that of the 'Commando kid' Clothing range nothing more nothing less.

Now that's not very nice is it?

top stuff again, then i had a real look at the pic! saw the first one with the beanie hat and thought i know i bug Stalker again lol! no it a request any chance for a arctic camo version like how they look on CoD MW 2 the 2nd mission recovering the ACU module?

Did you want them in the dark navy blue(?) that they wear in MW2 or a whiter texture like below?

080227-turkey-iraq-hmed-530a.hmedium.jpg

can i be cheekey and ask for both? ok its up 2 you, but the dark navy blue be good with snow stuck to the texture like this http://cod5.strategyinformer.com/asset/r/news/36/951944_20090619_790screen001.jpg and http://cod5.strategyinformer.com/asset/r/news/36/951944_20090619_790screen019.jpg this is what i had in mind, i would be happy to help out and have a go doing it my self, but i dont know how to put the creases in the texture (nor do i have permission to open and mod)

Did you want them in the dark navy blue(?) that they wear in MW2 or a whiter texture like below?

080227-turkey-iraq-hmed-530a.hmedium.jpg

these would be great

Might get round to doing that then (both that is) apparently my units cause issues for some people (as highlighted in the SAS Task Force Black mission for some), does anyone have any problems and if so what are they cause I'll do my best to sort them

well depending on Stalker if im allowed to use his addon i try and do both texture and have a winter white and a winter dark, thats my idear but for now its still stalkers call:) i was just thinking out loud about adding some thing diffrent to arma 2 other than white camo. both would be good!

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

if u can do them both i will leave you to it, did not want it to get in the way of your 4 rifles work:)

well depending on Stalker if im allowed to use his addon i try and do both texture and have a winter white and a winter dark, thats my idear but for now its still stalkers call:) i was just thinking out loud about adding some thing diffrent to arma 2 other than white camo. both would be good!

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

if u can do them both i will leave you to it, did not want it to get in the way of your 4 rifles work:)

Yeah matey, if you want to have a go at texturing them by all means have a go :)

Yeah matey, if you want to have a go at texturing them by all means have a go :)

ok thanks the only thing i cant work out is how u add the creases but i can work on the base.

Why the british elite troops always use american weapon?? Cant UK supplys their ace men nice rifles?

ARM2CAT in real life as far as i know. UKSF use the C8 Diemarco not the M4. The differences are very slight, its the canadian copy of the M4 or the L119A1. Britain purchase these weapons from the canadians to outfit the SAS, SBS and the UKSF Pathfinders.

a good amount of western SF use a M4 variant as their weapon, not becuase its the best, but becuase every1 bloody uses it lol, allows interchangeable parts and ammo when out i nthe field, for example the australian SAS and 2cdo (commandos) use the M4, and often operate with the yanks over in afghanistan, this allows them to share ammo, spare parts, and scopes/sights/ attachments and so on.

Nice units mate, makes you want the Rifles even more.

Edited by Sabre

Cheers for the nice comments guys, yeah as has been said, the AR15 stlye of rifle is used because everyone seems to use it and know how to use it, i suppose this makes tings easier on joint-ops.

As colonel stagler stated the UKSF purchased a number of (Colt Canada) Diemaco C8 SFW's designated the L119A1, its basically a long barrelled M4 with a couple other changes here and there AFAIK such as different stock to the M4 and uses the old M16A1 style Iron sight (but its still detatchable).

panthersfan, I quite like the digital DPM on the cap on that page, wonder if its any better than the normal DPM.

EDIT:Might Update the units in a bit, not up to much for a few hours so might as well do something.

panthersfan, I quite like the digital DPM on the cap on that page, wonder if its any better than the normal DPM.

try it out looks good, im slowley getting there i send a few shots in a bit! (should stop watching Shooter lol:p)

Decided to actually do something useful today and did a decent (ish) model of a MICH helmet and headset for my units, might post an update or pic tomorrow.

Thanks for these stalker,great units.

while reading through the thread I came across this post,

Hunted the problem down, seems using copy my stance mod causes all sorts of problems, so if anyone else has had probs and uses copy my stance mod then just remove it and all is fine, loving these stalker cant wait for your 4th rifles, thanks.

I Cannot replicate any problems when using these units with 'Copy my stance'

'Return to formation' while under behaviour 'Danger' can be troublesome/slow

with or without 'copy my stance',with these or Vanila units.

I could not recreate any problems using ammo boxes on any units.

If anyone has any more info on possible problems between these great units and 'copy my stance' could they please post them here,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91061

Once again,thanks for these Stalker.

@Caxton Gibbet, yeah I couldnt create the errors in that post, I posted in your thread saying that I think 1.05 has caused some AI problems for them. But yeah didn't seem to be caused by your mod.

Anyway, I've decided to update the UKSF again, changed the Assualt Style units with this update.

Added MICH helmets to them, replacing the thing (i.e. mess) I had on before.

Also put on the Norotos(?) NVG mount

And added a new headset (not great txtures on it though).

Changed a couple of the pouches on the Engineer too.

Fiddled around with bits in the config too, shouldn't be noticeable though, just made it slightly neater.

Hopefully V1.1 should work without error, the reports of there being issues with my units under certain conditions is, as far as I can tell, not directly caused by them. I have been unable to replicate any of the problems brought up on my computer. AFAIK some people have had AI issues with 1.05 which could be the cause.

sf1s.jpg

Big

sf2s.jpg

Big

sf3s.jpg

Big

Same thing with rapidshare I'm affraid, hopefully there will be a mirror soon.

UKSF V1.1 Rapidshare

Happy New Year

Matt