Sign in to follow this  
mithrandir

Is red hammer really any good?

I played the BIS campaign. And I loved it!!!!!

I played al official Standalone missions from BIS, And I loved em'!!

Also played allot of user made mission which was fun.

But when it comes to Red Hammer I dont get so excited.

*Im on mission 6 but, I simply havnt found any of the missions as good as the BIS campaign!

*These russian voices, what a joke.

Is it just me that feel this way?

In the absence of anything else, it is ok but I'm playing a set of missions, something to do with ULOTC, which are far better.

Personally I really enjoyed the Red Hammer campaign and didn't think it was all that far away from Bis quality smile.gif

red hammer is an awsome campaign. its missions r better stractured, plus there r some missions containing bonus objectives, which u wont c in your briefing notebook, untill u complete them (they r not all triggered, so u can complete them whenever u want).

i agree with u totaly on the subject of the voice acting (horrible as the original 1).

What is the BIS campaign, and where can i get it? and also where can i get red hammer?

The BIS campaign is the one that came with the game, ie Operation Flashpoint itself.

Don't know about downloading Red Hammer. It was always meant to be possible but I bought it as soon as it came out.

ULOTC is superb though the E+E mission seems unplayable with changes to the way vehicles explode. Shame.

PMC Fury is also very good though of a much simpler nature.

Both of these should have links in Avon's FAQ.

And Red Hammer is on the whole pretty good ( and sometimes remarkably good ) but there are a few silly missions where the player is expected to do a bit too much on his own. More Project IGI than OFP but still fun.

I dont like red hammer at all really. The voices are SHIT. The missions are not well thought out and nothing is set out good. It was boring. I only enjoyed one mission. dunno the name of it.

A Very Gay Campaign. I hope Resistance is a LOT better

later fellas

I loved Red Hammer. Most people who don't like it seem to think it isn't realistic enough, but this is what I liked about it. The BIS campaign was a reasonably realistic, but I thought Red Hammer was a lot more fun.

i personally liked it as much as the BIS game so far. Dont have much people to command. A lot of Rambo action (realistic ofcourse) biggrin.gif

A little bit harder than the first. just the way i like it

I like being alone in this game, cuz the squad members are stupid. I don't even try to give them orders, i do the mission on my own and most times they all get killed. My favourite mission is the one in red hammer when you must steal a mi-17.

I hated it, the missions were poorly thought out, especially the tank missions, I prefer playing the original campaign, plus the ULOTC, PMC fury campaigns

BTW did anyone ever compile the ULOTC into a campaign file?

before i wrote that it was fun but now im slowly changing my mind, some missions are not so good and even boring.

but hey what the heck!

give it a try anyway confused.gif

I thought Red Hammer was anything but boring, personally. The mission weren't realistic, but they were fun! I had a great time.

red hammer is like most other addons, a shameless cash-in. the developers didnt think far enough ahead to make the missions somehow intertwined, so you think "ok, they had lots to do", and thats ok, BUT, red hammer's missions contradict some missions from the main campaign, like who controls what, in the first campaign the north is held by the americans while in red hammer, its held by the russians. its stupid.

the missions are dull and some are poor content-wise. all are boring kill this, dont get killed. most missions are a copy of the main campaign objective-wise. start in ranks, progress to special unit, get to help out weakling resistance, fall asleep.

plus, a smack in the teeth for all fellow russians, you turn on your own comrades, with bis coming up with the flimsy excuse that theyre "traitors" and have to inevitably kill rank soldiers (who will most likely be obeying orders). which is absolute crap and wouldnt happen, and a hardened spets naz officer is extremely unlikely to help the americans invade in almost any circumstances russian soil.

total awefulness (without using more colourful words).

The red hammer campaign is far to arcardish. Like it was a codemasters produkt I hope resistance will stick to the old BIS style of missions they where just great! The red hammer storyline was a joke!  The intro of the game features the LST (still not working) on the russian side. A verry bad idea to start with.  But thats just the way this campaign is... and the voice acting... Well the russian voices in IL2 (flight sim) are so nice. I know there is a russian version of OFP- do they not use russian voices??

I played the red hammer campaign once...

Well I had some fun (at least it is OFP). You get some missions without bugs and some patches (which makes reinstall more easy). So it its still worth buying. But do not expect BIS quality!

I still play the original BIS campaign over and over again (advanced mode) to see how long I can last without beeing shot once. I never passed the alone in the forrest mission... but it is still fun!

yeah, i expected russian voices. at least in the cut-scenes with subtitles. but they probably got some drunk czech who resembled to speak in a cliched russian accent to keep people happy, who cant read radio command on the bottom of the screen.

lst= aweful

artillery/mortars=joke

Yeah batboys right. (Sorry if Im reviviing dead topics Im just scanning for interesting stuff while I wait for INV44) For one thing Spetz Natz troopers are very heavily politically trained smile.gif Meaning most of em are commited commies. Thats not to say they dont have a heart but they wouldent help the Americans. Also if you found out you werent being controlled by your soverign country but a renagade would you automatically assume all others to know this and thus be traitors. Dimitri mercilessly killed the Russians who thought they were fighting for Russia conveniantly forgetting about 2 hours ago he was one of those "traitors" I pay for a SOVIET campaign not a moral oh Id better join the Americans cos they are on the side of GOOD! HORAY FOR UNCLE SAM!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (You_looking_at_me? @ 27 April 2003,01:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(Sorry if Im reviviing dead topics Im just scanning for interesting stuff while I wait for INV44)<span id='postcolor'>

You will be sorry *evil laugh* smile.gif

Please don't do it again, the rules clearly state what is defined as a topic past resurrection smile.gif