Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Patch 1.05 Stability Survey

How has patch 1.05 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How has patch 1.05 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?

• Fixed: The patch has fixed some serious issue for me
    • No issues: The game ran quite well for me even before
    • Not fixed: I am experiencing some serious issue which it did not fix
    • New issues: It introduced some new serious issue for me
    • Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

1.05 seems to crash a little bit less, and I am able to play the campaing up to Dogs of War. Inevitably at some point the graphics gets garbled and the program crashes. I am using a computer with an i7 processor and Nvidia 9500 GT GPU.

It seems that mostly i7 users are experiencing problems. I bet that some unprofessional programmer at Bohemia has written code that relies on slow execution of some procedure, and that breaks on faster processors. Microsoft used to create this type of bad code too.

Send me a message if you want to hire a professional programmer, who doesn't create broken code.:)

Not fixed: I am experiencing some serious issue which it did not fix

Voted so because: I didn't really have any stability issues in the first place (except when memory was very fragmented after long time without reboot), except for the one I'm still having - editor hangs when I alt-tab between Arma2 editor (in edit mode, not while previewing) and sometimes Arma2 still hangs upon exiting the game.

I'm still having some heavy performance issues with certain trees. But personally, for actual gaming, its very very stable.

CTD's when the going gets hot. Tree issue solved - my own stupidity. But the CTD's remains. A first for me since all series.

I'm still experiencing crashes with 1.05. Some send me back to Windows' Desktop (I'm using XP Home Edition, 32-bit, SP3) and more often than not I get the Blue Screen of Death.

And by this I mean that at least 80% of the time is Blue Screen of Death. The system says a problem occurred, memory dump, and then reboot PC.

This happened as well with 1.04 patch.

I can understand and even expect the game to have bugs. But this type of stability issues I don't.

I've been a combat sim player for many years and this is the first game ever that crashes my PC way too often with Blue Screen of Death.

In my view the game is superb. I can see myself being an ArmA2 player for a long time, but I am disappointed in BIS for not making ArmA2 stable since the get go.

I don't want to sound harsh, but I won't sugar-coat the truth and facts either.

My 2 cents. -Splicer.

I cant even update the game. DVD Box version (1.02 says ingame) is recognised as Steam version (the installation window of 1.05 patch says "ARMA II Steam") and is crushing with this :

"Error found in file ADDONS\rocks2.pbo (00000000!=00000001)"

xdelta3 returned error code 1 etc.

I tried reinstalling the game and doing the update again but with no success. The md5 checksum for package is ok, so no patch problem as installation program suggested.

I will try doing the 1.04 patch first, then 1.05. Hope it will be recognised as normal, not steam version. I do have Steam installed, but it contains other games, nothing from BIS.

Besides, if the patching program is recognising version of the game by the steam being in system then... well, not the greatest idea really.

i7, X55, GTX285 SLi, 12GB DDR3. Windows 7 x64.

Still getting crashes on saving, crashes with anisotropic filtering on high, crashes here, crashes there... <sigh>.

Having CTD's in regular vanilla campaign where I had had none before unless I tried something crazy with settings.

I did a test to determine if it’s my computer or the patch that causes stutter and it seems that since the 1.3 patch was released it came with the stutter problem and has not been fixed in the 1.5 patch. With the 1.1 released version of my game, I don’t have this stutter problem.

:edit:

Oh and also when changing button keys, if I press "Next" the game crashes. I only experienced it once and learn from my mistakes and I don't dare to press that Next button.

Edited by CrazyAce

I cant even update the game. DVD Box version (1.02 says ingame) is recognised as Steam version (the installation window of 1.05 patch says "ARMA II Steam") and is crushing with this :

"Error found in file ADDONS\rocks2.pbo (00000000!=00000001)"

xdelta3 returned error code 1 etc.

I tried reinstalling the game and doing the update again but with no success. The md5 checksum for package is ok, so no patch problem as installation program suggested.

I will try doing the 1.04 patch first, then 1.05. Hope it will be recognised as normal, not steam version. I do have Steam installed, but it contains other games, nothing from BIS.

Besides, if the patching program is recognising version of the game by the steam being in system then... well, not the greatest idea really.

I am having the EXACT same problem. It's saying I have the Steam version. I don't. I have Direct2Drive. Besides, BI's site says 1.05 works on Steam version. So what gives BI? You guys F'd this one up.

Running RETAIL Windows 7 Ultimate, BTW.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Wow...what an F-up on BI's part. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ARMA 2 FROM STEAM...MAKE SURE STEAM IS NOT RUNNING BEORE YOU TRY TO APPLY THE PATCH. If Steam is running the patch assumes you're running a Steam version of ArmA 2...:j:

That's some pretty horrible development to overlook that.

So I got the patch to recognize the installation as "DVD" and not "Steam", but it still fails....even moreso now. Maybe Direct2Drive needs a special patch?

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

WOW...I just attempted for the sixth time to install patch 1.05. Each time I do uninstalls of ArmA and start from scratch. This time WITHOUT Steam running...check Task manager to make sure there were no extraneous Steam files running....IT STILL SAYS "ARMA II Steam"!!

WTF, BI!?

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

It fails on all the following files, then has the nerve to say "Update completed successfully"....AHAHAHAHA....what a P.O.S....

rocks2.pbo

signs2.pbo

soundmissions.pbo.bi.bisign

soundmissions.pbo

sounds.pbo

structures.pbo

tracked2.pbo

weapons.pbo

weapons2.pbo

wheeled.po

wheeled2.pbo

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Interesting....

I went and checked the ADDONS folder because I was going to do a manual copy of the failed pbo's...and all the failed pbos are in there!!!!

Is it possible that the patcher is hosed? Game boots and functions without error.

hmmmmm....

Wow! Game ran flawlessly for me before 1.05. No it crashes every 10 minutes. WTF!? I've tried every conceivable video config...command switches on the executable...everything...but still crashes ALL THE TIME. Sometimes mid-game...sometimes while it's saving. Game is unplayable.

Cpu - Phenom II 940 (@3.2GHz) AM2+

MOBO - Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 4 | DDR2 DIMM

Ram - OCZ 4Giga PC2 6400 Dual CH. Platinum Rev.2 (4-4-4-15) @800

GPU - PALIT HD4870SE ( 9.12 )

OS - Windows 7RC2

Randomly I got CTD after few ALT+TAB. I got this with Ati drivers 9.11 and 9.12.

When I don't use ALT+TAB ArmA works fine.

Sometimes it piss me of when I must change channel on TS and after that I got CTD.

I didn't got this problem with 1.04

In patch 1.03 i had many CTD but 1.04 fixed that... CTD has returned after installing 1.05 i can play for up to 30 minutes or sometimes longer then i randomly get a CTD.

i7 920

6 GB ram

GTS 240

Windows 7 64bit

after playing alot online i have to say.

its gone from bad to worse,

sure it has fixed some issues. but i have never experianced more server crashed than i see now.'

i also get more ctd with 1.05 than i have ever before.

i hope bis stop focusing on AI behavoiour/fixes and start think of stability for server and clent.

god damn.. wrong thread i posted in

moved - Planck

Edited by Planck

Had minimal problems with 1.04.

But i have stoped playing the game now because in 1.05 it CTD 1-2 hours in to the game. Always.

I have Win7 Ultimate 64bit. 4 GB Ram. Quad Core Amd CPU. Steam Version.

I have not tryed yet with other game types then CTI/Warfare, but i only play this. I will try other game type to see if this is the couse. I will wait until this is fixed to play or buy any BI games...

The game is the best FPS out there, but to bade it is full of bugs that make the game unplayable....

Edited by Kanelbolle

I also had CTD's at first with 1.05 and somehow they stopped... I dont know why or how really but the only thing ive changed in my gaming ways is that i now turn superfetch OFF in services while i play.

I dont really think thats it(?) but i dont had any CTD's anymore than the first days of 1.05, and i play with ACE plus more addons.

strange my game is still 1.4 but doesnt steam auto update the game if not can i patch the game manually

download the new patch says it works with the steam version got all the way to the end of patching and failed total broke the game now ive gotta redownload it again

Edited by Ghastous

im having problems on multiplayer... sometimes i try to join a session and it starts to but then takes me back to the main multiplayer screen is this due to the patch or is there something i can do to prevent this?

Ghastous.

install version 1.04 by steam. then patch manualy too 1.05.

now. dont use steam anymore to check for updates etc etc.

also make a new shortcut from the arma.exe inside the steam dir to your desktop..

you do not need steam running with patch 1.05..

my 1st time . i did verify the files with steam after i manualy installed 1.05. I should never have done that,. steam started downloading 1.04 again :\

1 lesson learnt..

i cant even patch it to 1.05 it fails at the end and kill the game not really fussed anyhow as the game still runs like crap like jerking when looking through scopes but i just thought id give it another go but seems nowt as really changed since i last played

well tried to patch it again to 1.05 and at the end it comes up with the error found in file ALL/ARMA2.EXE and ideas as now ive gotta install the whole game again for the 3rd time

Edited by Ghastous

Sadly I have to say that I experienced "Dispaly driver stopped responding" the other day. This wasnt happening from 1.02 to 1.04. I did not change display drivers since 1.04. But the worse thing is that it always recovered after this. It was black screen for 5sec or so and then it got back. Even in ArmA1. Now it doesnt come back and I have to shut the process down. Luckily this doesnt accur often. I remember this started happening from 8800 class GPUs on in A1 and now in ArmA2. Few years back, when I was playing A1 with 6600GT this thing never happened. Meny other people tell me this is happening sometimes to them too on very different graphic cards like 8800GTS SLI or GTX285, 260... I dont know about ATi users though.

Anyone/BIS knows why is this happening and if it will ever be fixed? I mean I expeienced this my self on 4 different graphic cards and three different computers.

Great performance gain

hope will more people buy this game

I have a question. What's the latest ArmA2 version and build? Mine is 1.05 (build 62017). Is this the latest one or I need to patch something?

That is the official build of v1.05. Since then there has been one beta patch, v1.05.63826. You don't need to update to it, it won't exclude you from v1.05 servers, but it has some nice fixes and improvements.