Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Patch 1.05 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.05 overall?  

479 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.05 overall?

• Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

Brilliant patch. I think it's something we've all been waiting for a long time now.

Amazing! Thank you BIS! Its running a lot smoother now and and higher settings.

This patch is fantastic. That terribly annoying bug that caused rifle sights to misalign when crouching is fixed. Also, the apache's freakin' awesome.

Man, I cant wait to try this tonight. Will vote when I get home. Thanks again BIS!

Fixing bugs is always good but adding addtional Items like Vehicles or weapons makes it great

Some good old bugs are stil there, like disappering heads on some Restistance units or no pitch indication in Mi-24 attitude indicator. But at least you cant kill a T-90 with a MG anymore.

I dont understand how the new three sided warfare is supposed to be played...last time I tried it just turned into a Deathmatch immediately

Great patch so for, but for me the game runs a much worse then before...?

Well how is it great so?

For me there's no difference.Still getting ~20FPS.I was hoping to see some of the "significant performance increases".

The game runs a little smoother for me , also the campaign is pretty nice .

Some good old bugs are stil there, like disappering heads on some Restistance units or no pitch indication in Mi-24 attitude indicator. But at least you cant kill a T-90 with a MG anymore.

You can, I tested it (M2 HUMVEE 120 rounds to chassis of T-90 - bang). The T-90 and T-72 armor doen't really seem fixed, so they get a "Good" from me. The patch as a whole would be awesome if not for that unnecessary bug left.

Didn't really see any improvement, specifically ''significant performance increase..."

I wouldn't really call EW a ''campaign'' either , more like a really long scenario.

Apache is great, although the MFDs f*** up your NVGs when in 1st person.

Those performance increases should be seen in heavy urban area's, not so much the rest of the game, afaik.

Anyways, patch is great, but i get some weird graphic anomalies, colours acting all weird and messed up.

Gonna try and update my drivers and see if that helps.

EDIT: Updating my videocard's driver fixed the problem :)

Edited by SiC-Disaster

Sadly, I lost 1000 points in ARMAMark :confused: It further boggles my mind because I had been using the beta patches up to this point and had run ARMAMark just after the latest beta and it was fine.

I'll try a few things to see if it improves, but before I vote I want to chase this issue down.

Well..... performance was better for me in the beta. Got an i7, gtx260, 6 gig so right now im rather disappointed.

Well how is it great so?

For me there's no difference.Still getting ~20FPS.I was hoping to see some of the "significant performance increases".

It is playable with some minor adjustments in graphic :p Campain is great and so many fixes :D

You can, I tested it (M2 HUMVEE 120 rounds to chassis of T-90 - bang). The T-90 and T-72 armor doen't really seem fixed, so they get a "Good" from me. The patch as a whole would be awesome if not for that unnecessary bug left.

Next time give the T-90 a crew then your problem is kinda solved...also I think the AI will not attack the T-90 with a MG ;)

but you've a point...simple things like that should had been solved in the first patch :bounce3:

I cannot start any other campaign (Harvest Red or custom made), it always shows EW menu after clicking any other campaign name in the menus.

Next time give the T-90 a crew then your problem is kinda solved...also I think the AI will not attack the T-90 with a MG ;)

but you've a point...simple things like that should had been solved in the first patch :bounce3:

I'm not stupid. I tested with T-90 with no ammo, fully crewed, then team-switched into Commander of T-90 to check damage.

And yes, the AI will constantly attack T-90 with MG - every played WARFARE based game against AI Avenger?

Do not try to be so clever and invalidate other people's tests.

M1A1 suffers no damage to mobility or gun from M2 Machine Gun, T-90 can be taken out by a suprise flank attack from a HUMVEE. I assume it hasn't been fixed for T-72 either... which means OPFOR has no serious armor in the entire game, you're better off using a BMP3.

This bug has massive influence on any kind of WARFARE type game, especially playing against humans. If my entire 12000 Rubels worth Platoon of T-90 can be taken out by a few lucky Humvees costing 400 each, what's the point of using tanks?

Voted good. Actually I'm very happy about the patch, but the two following are show stoppers:

1) Certain trees still creates some massive frame drops, like going from 30-40 down to 5-10, which is unplayable. Lowering to low quality textures removes this issue completely, but unfortunately makes the game look completely aweful. Having to constantly change texture quality ingame is a massive immersion killer and extremely annoying.

2) Editor still hangs when you alt-tab back and forth from Arma and other applications, which is kind of crucial for scripting.

I loved the EW "campaign" (I'd really call it a two part mission though) for what it is. Mission makers should really dissect that and have a look. I'm pretty sure they'll find some hidden gems.

I'm able to control the C130 on the ground now. When did this happen? I always thought it was an ACE fix, and I'm pretty sure I did test this without addons during public beta phase, without any noticable fix.

Generally I'm extremely happy with the performance fixes (except those damned trees). All over the place I'm getting super smooth frames with no stutters. I'm not sure if the frame count are much increased, but they are much smoother. Those who are still unhappy, consider this:

* You now get "grass layer", which costs performance, but everyone wanted.

* Renderdistance pretty much equals viewdistance, meaning you get to see objects beyond the old tiny distance. Not so important for infantrymen like myself, but for tankers that should be a very nice addition.

So if you feel you get the same FPS as you did, remember you're getting more for that same FPS. Except much smoother.

Tested the benchmarks, new distance 2959, Anis Low, AA Off, Terrain High, Objects Normal, Shadow Normal, PP Very High, Res 100% 1668x1044 windowed:

1) No addons, low textures, 23 FPS average, but smooth.

2) No addons, low textures, 12 FPS avergae, not that smooth.

Tried some editor stuff. Arma2 editor hanged on me. Reestarted.

1) Own addon pack, low textures, 22 FPS average, but smooth.

2) Own addon pack, low textures, 11 FPS average, not that smooth.

1) No addons, medium texture, 24 FPS avergae, but smooth.

2) No addons, medium texture, 12 FPS avergaem not that smooth.

So, apparently no "bad trees" are not covered in any of the two benchmarks.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I would like to thank everyone at Bohemia Interactive for making such a kick ass patch and mini campaign. :)

Besides the problem in my signature which was suppose to be fixed in 1.05, Im extremely happy with every fix and everything new like Freetrack support and Battle-eye anti cheat!!!!

AI +

Driving is easier +

View Distance and Object combined + Great idea improved the visuals

Streaming in large towns is alot better +

General FPS increase of 3 frames +

Free content Excellent! +

- No fix for the horrid water performance breakdown, but hopefully bis and dev-heaven will find a fix.

Merry Christmas and happy new year BIS, Now go relax for awhile!