Sign in to follow this  
joman

1.05 released

I re-downloaded the torrent and same errors still, I'm running as admin.

If you get errors, please state which mirror you used, but I don't think it's broken downloads we are seeing here. As far as I'm aware, a broken download would mean you couldn't extract the ZIP file.

I'm using a German version btw, if maybe it's language-specific?

so they no 1.05 patch in linxs i got to put it on my pc then upload it from my pc to my linx dedicate box could you not just make all files a 7zip then it would makeit alot easy for us linxs guys any other way to do it asi am very new to linxs

Helmut, Mark's not using the German version and still has errors as well. I noticed another thread with similar errors when patching but never a solution found, especially from the people that made the game and patch to begin with. <sigh>

I re-downloaded the torrent and same errors still, I'm running as admin.

If you get errors, please state which mirror you used, but I don't think it's broken downloads we are seeing here. As far as I'm aware, a broken download would mean you couldn't extract the ZIP file.

I'm using a German version btw, if maybe it's language-specific?

505 version, I don't believe it is a ZIP problem.

On the third download, (no point in naming names).

They are all available on the ARMAII download page.

XP SP3 fyi.

EDIT:

Fichier ArmA2Server.exe manquant. is the latest and most reacurring error that I recieve.

I think I have a problem, lol.

Edited by BoneBoys

Huge thanks BIS! Can't try this now since I'm working but reading the patch notes makes me want to leave early :-) Your hardwork is appreciated. Thanks for taking care of the community and investing the time to optimize and improve your game. Merry Christmas!

Helmut, Mark's not using the German version and still has errors as well. I noticed another thread with similar errors when patching but never a solution found, especially from the people that made the game and patch to begin with.

To those that have errors during patching process. seems the only way to fix this issue is to 'obtain' cleanly installed 1.5 pbo's from someone elses machine.

If you have a mate that has been lucky enough to get his installed, get him to ftp what you need. It'll be a long night.... Not for me, I've had it up to my armpits with this, I've spent 4 months getting ready to release an addon for tomorrow only to be denied my final 'test'...

THANKS BIS

Some good user made campaigns like chesty puller and Seal team 6 cannot even be opened now. Goes into an infinite hang when attempting to revert.

Hi jasonnoguchi

I explained this in the Beta testing thread where you wrote the same thing.

Hint: The exe in 1.05 is different to 1.04 is different to each beta.

This has been explained sever times on the forum, it only affects half copleted missions, NOT the whole campaigns.

The campaign is fine you just revert the current mission and continue the campaign from there.

Kind Regards walker

Sorry if this has been asked but, Will Steam auto update ? or should i download it through here and manually install ?

This patch works for Steam also.

Readme/notes.

AFAIK

Hi Walker.

I'm loading the game from the main ArmAII folder.

I think the mistake I made was to run the Beta uninstall tool.

When I start the game I am in fact running Vs 1.05xxx.

The problem is that the EW campaign is now missing.

So I thought I'll just install the last beta, but of coarse that doe's not work, because I'm running a "later version".

Happy Xmas.

Edited by BoneBoys

I'm waiting for the Windows Server patch, but reading some of these posts is the server patch in the client one? Is it just the one Windows patch for both client and server?

Just installed on my real gaming machine - same file, same DVD installed from, no errors here. I think it may help to apply 1.04 before 1.05.

Other difference is XP SP2 (on the failed box) vs. Win7 64bit on the working update, I "ran as admin".

Awesome patch BIS. Thank you very much. I love the new Longbow, and the Campaign! :dance1:

Now then guys, just a quick question & sorry if its already been brought up in this thread!(cant be bothered trawling all 14 pages) I didnt start using mods until after i'd installed 1.04 so I've never updated the game with them running, do I need to disable all my mods beforehand or can I just go ahead with installing the new patch? Thanks :)

Now then guys, just a quick question & sorry if its already been brought up in this thread!(cant be bothered trawling all 14 pages) I didnt start using mods until after i'd installed 1.04 so I've never updated the game with them running, do I need to disable all my mods beforehand or can I just go ahead with installing the new patch? Thanks :)

Just go ahead and patch. You'll be fine.

*disclaimer goes here. :)

Is there a tutorial or something with instructions on how to get this on to a game server ?

I run one through defconservers, Thanks for the help!

Need help with updating my ArmA2 windows server. I am currently away from my games machine so I am unable to install it on that machine and transfer the files to my server. Are there any windows server files I can download to update the server?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Just go ahead and patch. You'll be fine.

*disclaimer goes here. :)

Cheers, installing now! ive got about 6 mods running including VOP sound so didnt want any clashes! :)

Is there a server side patch or does the same one do it?

Edit: Aaaaaaah, shouldn't have tried, all I got was .pbo errors, even when run as admin, now I'm stuck with a half patched dedi server

Edited by PogMoThoin

Is there a server side patch or does the same one do it?

Edit: Aaaaaaah, shouldn't have tried, all I got was .pbo errors, even when run as admin, now I'm stuck with a half patched server

Linux standalone 1.05 update is out, but all of us windows server admins have to wait:(

For those with errors: maybe try a defrag, as I understand it, the patch changes single parts of the large PBOs already installed, and if the install is fragemented, it might lead to these errors? I know my test system at work which failed is pretty dead with it's Hard drive.

I'm sure this has been asked in here before; my Steam will not install the latest patch. There is no recent update listed.