Sign in to follow this  
joman

1.05 released

Linux standalone 1.05 update is out, but all of us windows server admins have to wait:(

Nope; and nope :)

The Windows standalone is included in the patch. Just apply the 1.05 patch on your Windows server installation, and you're set

You know what would be nice, seeing as some people are having problems installing. and thats some PARS or some other parity archives. A couple hundred megs of pars would save reinstalling the game.

Automatic launching of user made addons (units, missions etc.) via "pbo" file association with the game

What exactly does this mean and what does it do? I can't seem to find anything via a forum search on this topic. I see there's also a new "Play ArmA2 with" shortcut(s) with this in the target line(s):

-noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=

Does anyone know what this is about. I'm really surprised I couldn't find anything about this with a forum search but maybe I'm just using it like an idiot. :confused:

What exactly does this mean and what does it do? I can't seem to find anything via a forum search on this topic. I see there's also a new "Play ArmA2 with" shortcut(s) with this in the target line(s):

Does anyone know what this is about. I'm really surprised I couldn't find anything about this with a forum search but maybe I'm just using it like an idiot. :confused:

Here's what I did, and found out by accident.

I went into my ArmA2 directory, into one of my mod folders (the one where I house all of my projects). And double clicked on the .PBO file of one of my units. ArmA2 launched, and I was given options on which units to view in the Armory. It's a quick way to see if your addon works, which is cool.

Ive got a plugin for Total Commander that treats .pbo's like zip/rar files and allows you to view and edit contents. Its so handy, dont need to depbo just to edit mission.sqm etc.

I just tested, my plugin is still working, Id rather that than it launching the game.

When I updated I received a lot of errors that I had to individually ignore. At the end of installation it said that patch was installed successfully.

Do I need to be concerned or not? What must I do to fix problem?

Here's what I did, and found out by accident.

I went into my ArmA2 directory, into one of my mod folders (the one where I house all of my projects). And double clicked on the .PBO file of one of my units. ArmA2 launched, and I was given options on which units to view in the Armory. It's a quick way to see if your addon works, which is cool.

Thanks bud. That does sound pretty cool.

The little i tested the 1.05 it feels really good. The mini campaign seems to be really good as well (good work Gaia). It seems you made a damn fine job here BIS! :)

Wonder if its the ACE mod that makes the AH-64 have place holder engine/prop sound? Only thing to nag about unless its the addon. Doesnt have the distinct AH-64 "BRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound. Soundmod sorts that out soon enough probably. :)

Thank you for the heli and EW, and awesome work on the patch in general - you are the best! ;)

Alex

I keep getting an error "Invalid Crew_ Civilian", does anyone know of any addons that might conflict with the new update?

Taken back, EW is awesome thus far. I died A LOT from ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but it's a beautiful addition.

Edited by GRS

EW is decent at best. Beautiful atmosphere, original, and seems to be scripted well, but if I just die one more time for absolutely no reason I'll just uninstall and go back to OFP... again... No missiles, no loud explosions, no plinking of bullets, I just blow up, and swear. I've seen only one missile hit me. The Apache is awesome though.

it's the hidden tunguskas. i got sniped by them a few times too.

I see there's also a new "Play ArmA2 with" shortcut(s) with this in the target line(s):

I believe that's an empty shortcut you created trough Six Updater.

I keep getting an error "Invalid Crew_ Civilian", does anyone know of any addons that might conflict with the new update?

I was getting this error with RH HELI sound addon, disabling that fixes it.

Are you using that addon?

I was getting this error with RH HELI sound addon, disabling that fixes it.

Are you using that addon?

yes i am, i'll try that. thanks!!!

I still have it at the bottom of my list of west air units. I can't seem to control my trigger happy gunners though. No target and hold fire still causes them to go amok.

For anyone getting invalid errors trying to play the game, remove all mods.

For anyone getting errors while attempting to patch, download a again from a different location and run the patch again. Some errors that you encounter during patching will stop you from fully patching the game. You'll usually get the message that there were some errors, but patching successful then when you start the game it'll say version 1.04.

If that happens download the patch from another location and attempt to patch again. You'll get a lot of xdelta errors, but that's just telling you that those files have already been patched, it'll then patch the rest of the files that the first patch attempt failed.

BTW, brilliant work BIS. The new campaign is extremely well done (other than my horrible flying skills) and "When Diplomacy Fails" is the most fun I've had since I first played Warfare.

Well done guys getting it done before the holidays. Great work,

Downloading now from torrent, at full speed. Torrent is the way to go to get patches out quickly. Highly recommend it. Going to leave it on overnight, to help others.

is the steam patch still not out yet?? :confused:

Eventually Steam will get it's own patch but in the mean time you can use this patch for Steam.

Just don't try to verify cache integrity after installing the patch.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Oh, and as I mentioned, avoid mods for now, you can test which work but try one at a time. Some mods have major issues while some have smaller issues. ACE is suffering from a number of issues right now which will hopefully be fixed in the next ACE patch, but many mods are causing CTD's, error codes, and general unplayability.

THANK YOU! BI!

Thank you thank you thank you for adding FreeTrack support, the users ask and you listen. You guys rock. :yay: