Sign in to follow this  
joman

1.05 released

Linux standalone 1.05 update is out, but all of us windows server admins have to wait:(

From my local observations, the patch also updates the arma2server.exe to 1.05, or replaces it. And isn't that how it works since ArmA (or even OFP)? Apply the patch to the client and put its files to your server. Same goes for linux but instead of using the win server binary you use the linux binary (after applying ./tolower ;))? But maybe I'm wrong.

For those with errors: maybe try a defrag, as I understand it, the patch changes single parts of the large PBOs already installed, and if the install is fragemented, it might lead to these errors? I know my test system at work which failed is pretty dead with it's Hard drive.

sadly it doesnt work,I installed the game for the first time in a clear partition=a lot of errors,always different ones with each reinstall

those errors,however,wont influence the game experience but if you try to join a mp server which verifies the signatures you will be kicked as a cheater

a question:what does it means "ability to launch the game with addons..."?no more launcher needed???

BIS Thx. thx. thx. for the nice Patch !!!

The Game runs 100x better than before. And the Ah-64 is a nice Bonus to ArmA2, the Eagle Wing Campaign is absolutely great ! :bounce3:

I'm sure this has been asked in here before; my Steam will not install the latest patch. There is no recent update listed.

The Steam patch isn't out yet, BUT you can use this patch if you turn off automatic updates for ARMA2 in Steam. Check the steam forum and read DWarden's post.

Linux standalone 1.05 update is out, but all of us windows server admins have to wait:(

Can You not just use the normal windows patch? This includes a new arma2server.exe, will updating the patch on a dedi server not work? The game files are the same as a normal install, just launched with the arma2server.exe

Torrent is flying!!! Seeding now to fly even higher, patch worked fine with steam version :yay: :yay: :yay:

I noticed very little performance increase in cities, I'm still lingering around 33 FPS just as I was with the last beta, but the AI is making the battles way more interesting and overall performance has improved, though not by much from what I've seen. Still have to try out EW. Pretty impressive so far. Enemy AI is definitely better.

Edited by GRS

Can we get a changelog? I wonder what's changed between the latest beta and this new version. Are people noticing a difference between the last beta and this new version?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

What's the ETA on the steam patch?

Hi 5! I enjoyed the mini campaign! It is well-designed!

In addition the time while textures load decreased and the game runs smoother on my system - both in city and urban area. I have not noticed radical FPS increase, but the game runs smoother which is cool.

Thanx for this patch once again!

Thank you BIS! New campainge is awesome! It's much much better than the main story :)

Seems everyone is playing this, I'll ask this again

How do I update the server without .pbo errors, I can see loads of servers running 1.05 online when I run this from my normal pc, but I'm getting .pbo errors when I try install the patch

Cheers BIS, I hope 2010 will bring still greater success for you.

Obrigado :)

De nada.

Feel free to add to arma2.com aswell.

Referring once again to my previous posts(?).

New installation fixed any problems.

Nice update.

Too bad they didnt update my flying skills with this patch, Im still shit!

bah humbug ;)

Too bad they didnt update my flying skills with this patch, Im still shit!

bah humbug ;)

agreed ;)

looking forward to trying tobeat EW anyway

Had to fully reinstall the game on the server, its worked this time. It seems to be the 1.04 arma2server.exe that caused the probs, when its not there 1.05 installs fine.