Wolfrug

Dynamic Sound AI - RUG DSAI officially converted for Arma 2!

Thanks for this good addon :)

I have a tricky question : It is possible to make speak the russian russian , and Takistani arab ? (or I have forgotten the infos somewhere)

Well...yes. In principle. Not in the way the script works now, however.

What I -could- do is create a replacement config which would add the necessary config check to each unit (Russian, Takistani, etc) for the script to pick up, giving them their default voices - no matter the voice packs you have loaded. That would also make it unnecessary to have a separate "Independent" and "OPFOR" Arab voice pack.

The only 'downside' would be that a) it would be a "total conversion", i.e. a 'patch' config for default units, adding stuff to their classes (in this case just a single line that the script would be looking for) - nonetheless, I generally don't support this kind of fixin'. And b) the default units would all have default voices applied to them, meaning only scripting could override it (so you wouldn't have Arab-speaking Russians any longer, even if that's the way you like it). Also, I think that the script only cares about the language of the group leader, meaning that if the group leader of a Russian group, say, is Takistani, then the WHOLE group would speak Arab. Still, that's a pretty small risk.

So yeah. I could totally do this :)

Regards,

Wolfrug

This really sounds very interesting. I would love to see this kind of progress in DSAI.

Are the two hotfixes posted in the OP still valid with the current version? Looks like the Filefront links have expired. :(

Are the two hotfixes posted in the OP still valid with the current version? Looks like the Filefront links have expired. :(

The quickfixes are included in the FileFront download which, at least on my computer, is still up? The quickfixes themselves seem to have expired though - I'll just remove those from the main post :) Anyway, you just need to download the main @RUG_DSAI.rar file from filefront (and maybe the other mirrors, depending on if they've updated their files or not - but they probably have, the fixes are pretty old after all).

Since this thread popped up again: I've been working on the idea I had with giving default languages to factions (e.g. Russian to Russians), but I've run into some snags. Nonetheless, if I can fix them, you can expect another update at some point (as a separate .pbo, which won't require you to update the rest of the files).

Enjoy!

Regards,

Wolfrug

This sounds great Wolfrug:dance1:

Not 100% sure I'm pretty certain that dogs also "benefit" from this mod. Recently I was playing the "Behind Enemy Lines" mission and I swear I heard at least one dog uttering some of the soundbites from this mod! At first it scared me but soon it cracked me up, somewhat suspending the disbelief. So is there any way to run a check to avoid this?

Edited by domokun

Hey, can I suggest 1 thing? Add the voices for soldiers with mics on the player model. Would be a great addition to the mod.

I recently purchased BAF pack for OA. After the initial awe had worn off I began to feel as if something was missing. Soon afterwards I realised that I was missing the banter from the squaddies that I so enjoyed in A2.

So is there BAF version of this mod? If not, what is required? And how?

Edited by domokun

Well no, obviously not :) If there's an overwhelming demand, I might consider making an "official" keyed version, but I really was under the impression no-one actually used this addon online (in key-protected places)? Or am I wrong?

Regards,

Wolfrug

Your impression is wrong :) Can we have a signed version ASAP, pretty please? I had to open up my server to allow all keys just because DSAI is currently not signed - which kinda sucks.

And while am here: I wonder if anyone is working on german voices? I really like the I44CO mod and it would be awesome to have DSAI bring a bit more life into it :)

Just sign it yourself for the time being?

Your impression is wrong :) Can we have a signed version ASAP, pretty please? I had to open up my server to allow all keys just because DSAI is currently not signed - which kinda sucks.

And while am here: I wonder if anyone is working on german voices? I really like the I44CO mod and it would be awesome to have DSAI bring a bit more life into it :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14046&highlight=DSAIGER

Wow, verde13!

That's awesome. Linked it to the starting post :) Great job!

@domokun: Sorry for being so slow at responding. The dog issue is minor, but certainly annoying and/or hilarious. I'm guessing it only applies though if the dogs are a part of a group that has DSAI activated, since there are no civilian voices by default (I'm assuming dogs belong to the civilian side). Mission makers can disable DSAI for individual units, but of course not all mission makers use DSAI...hm.

English/British voices would be nice, but I'd be happy to let someone else with the time and energy to make a pack, really. Also there's a good chance the Brits might be using eventhandlers (non-XEH, naturally), which makes DSAI not work. :-/

Regards,

Wolfrug

Also there's a good chance the Brits might be using eventhandlers (non-XEH, naturally), which makes DSAI not work. :-/
Hey mate :)

Not so much the case anymore since XEH 3.03 ;)

See for details incl limitations: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers#New-in-303-Extended_FiredBIS_Eventhandlers-and-support-for-addons-that-do-not-support-XEH

Edited by Sickboy

Wow, verde13!

That's awesome. Linked it to the starting post :) Great job!

@domokun: Sorry for being so slow at responding. The dog issue is minor, but certainly annoying and/or hilarious. I'm guessing it only applies though if the dogs are a part of a group that has DSAI activated, since there are no civilian voices by default (I'm assuming dogs belong to the civilian side). Mission makers can disable DSAI for individual units, but of course not all mission makers use DSAI...hm.

English/British voices would be nice, but I'd be happy to let someone else with the time and energy to make a pack, really. Also there's a good chance the Brits might be using eventhandlers (non-XEH, naturally), which makes DSAI not work. :-/

Regards,

Wolfrug

Just to clarify the German pack is not my work, i just came across it at Armaholic and provided the link.

Can someone upload a simple mission that shows it is possible to change the language of units/groups/sides/anything?

I've tried every method I can imagine, but I can't manage the simple task of forcing all units to speak Spanish or Arabic. It seems like the languages are locked per side for some reason. I get coughing, sneezing, and idle chit chat, but I can't get the units to change languages.

Hi trueapothecar

I would normally, but my gaming computer has melted and I'm currently in the process of getting a new one. But basically what you need to do is 1) make sure you have the appropriate language module loaded and 2) make sure you add the command into the init field of the LEADER unit of any group.

The command is:

this setVariable ["RUG_DSAI_LANG", "RUG_DSAIENG"];

Changing "RUG_DSAIENG" to whatever language you want, e.g. "RUG_DSAIArab" or "RUG_DSAISPA". That should basically do it. If you've tried this already and it didn't work, I'm not sure what to say. But as mentioned, I can't test this just yet unfortunately.

Regards,

Wolfrug

I'll try downloading the mod again, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be sticking. I've tried setting the init.sqf script to east, west, ind, civ settings. I've also tried the example you've given, but I can't change the language. I was just hoping to find a mission where it works so I could look through it to find out what I'm missing.

This is an awesome mod!

A question of sorts - I don't know much at all about sound mods. Is there a script that someone can use to record key phrases?

I'll try downloading the mod again, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be sticking. I've tried setting the init.sqf script to east, west, ind, civ settings. I've also tried the example you've given, but I can't change the language. I was just hoping to find a mission where it works so I could look through it to find out what I'm missing.

Sadly, no luck with my own testing. Using the setvariable thing, I can make anyone speak any language. Are you sure you're using it exactly as shown, copy-pasted? I think it might be case sensitive. You're saying though that the default languages DO work? How odd.

Please be aware though that only ENG and RUS actually have voices for all the behaviour modes, the others are much much more limited. SPA has a few for safe and aware and combat, but only a few, whereas Arab ONLY has voices for combat and none for the others. So if you're just hearing sneezes and coughs, that might be because they're not in combat mode :) Always try the language with a group in combat (not with yourself as group leader) - that should give you the most accurate results.

As to the Key thing: I've already re-made the keys once, with no dice. Either my key-making is broken, or your key-reading is broken. :-/ I suggest you simply re-key them yourselves for your servers at this point.

Regards,

Wolfrug

Is it possible to have the CDF to not speka English, i play with the CDF most of the time and although the mod is excellent i was wondering if this could be implemented

Hi wolfrug, can u tell me the difference between "enable AI talk" in ACE mod and this mod, im a bit confused.

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers.

ACE mod its just talk some shirt, not a situation arround

RUG DSAI - bot talk about "Granate, enemy at * oclock, im hit", and other sweat replycs in game!

PLZ Update a mod and update Armaholic page, mod very great realy!