Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal team six 3

@Plutonium, are you using your default arma profile? you know? profile? the thing you make which you name and choose a face and a voice? Are you using the original one you made when you first started playing arma2?

I am not really sure at this time, but I do believe I had changed the face, glasses or something...But does that matter??

@Plutonium, sadly, even though it doesn't sound like it matters at all, the file structure used in the default profile and any secondary profiles you made subsequently is VERY different in ArmA2 and handled very differently by the engine. Sometimes, the game finds it hard to access into your secondary profile files and then it crashes. I solved this problem by sticking to my default profile and not use the other profiles that I have subsequently made. You may also want to run the game as administrator and see if the problem goes away. May also be a file permission thing.

Did you merely change your look and things and not create another new profile?

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Thank you man!!!!

But the problem persist, after mission 3 i can't continue and the game freeze! :(:(:(:(

Looks like you got the same problem as me a while ago. Was also playing option 1. Not sure if sick got the time to fix it yet. If not, the following might be the solution to you:

Operation Eagle Recover (4th mission) would not load but crashed my system. So i unpbo'd and found out that FFAA ARMAS is required. I was suprised as i am playing option one. Maybe i missed it but i thought FFAA isnt required at option one. Well with FFAA enabled, now it works fine.

You'll find it there: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6748

regards

Edited by craul

Craul , THANK YOU ! :D

I was about to give up,but with ffaa enabled it works!

Nice to see that it helped, have fun (mission 4 is awesome)! :-)

btw: as Tonci pointed out:

... But you don´t need to un pbo everything to find that out, just look in your RPT File

So, if some errors with the game pop up, it is usuall usefull to have a look at the so called rpt file (arma2.rpt) wich is located at the appdata folder (i.e.: C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\).

I wasnt aware of that too, but find it very usefull meanwhile.

Yes the RPT File is really usefull. I check it every Time first when having Problems

Has anyone tried doing this campaign (well actually any camp/mission) with A.C.E. and Group 4 special fx edition http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8849

Oh my god the group 4 addon along with everything else makes the game full on realistic war. What with the real (actually recorded from real battlefields) radio chat that plays when you are inside vehicles the chat is mainly pilots talking to command and vice versa and not actually part of the game but adds to the ambient war. The realistic blood spurts from gunshots. The much more improved explosive fx, the destructive houses that end up with big holes in the side when hit by tank turrents, The enemy surrender, interrogate feature. Bullet whiz and other ambient war sounds. I played a simple single bis mission and with this and ace it really is a whole new game.

The only thing you have to do before you load arma is put the config folder in your root directory, but if you have ace you will already have a config folder so put the containing config folder in there. You may also want to reassign the radio chatter volume keys too by editing the keys config

Edited by Archamedes

Hey Sick. I have problems with the end of the first mission.

When I get detected and fail the mission all of my savegames for the mission get deleted and the mission starts over from the beginning. I do not even get an OPTION to revert. This is EXTREMELY frustrating because I am not a "stealth" type player and trying to be sneaky is very hard and frustrating for me, but then to have all my savegames negated and forced to re-start the mission makes me want to throw my monitor out the window :( Is this intended or is it a bug? It's happened to me twice so far.

Don't worry about being sneaky. I belly crawled half a kilometer through woods. The trees were still so thick that I could only see one guy through them from 450m. Squeeze off one shot with a silenced gun and every single AI is instantly zeroed in on me and I get killed. Over and over. In the mean time, the AI I get saddled with refuse to fight and behave like booger eating morons.

Being sneaky will do nothing for you after that first shot. BIS needs to seriously fix their AI.

Just kicked ASS in the first mission I loaded the Mk19 into the back of the humvee and drove up to the tallest mountain opposite the valley where the training camp is at, set my range to around 1600m and wreaked some fucking havoc. Shit looked like an arty strike lol damn that was sweet. Lost my savepoint after getting killed after clearing most of the next objective and calling the chopper in. Does anything special happen when it comes? Had to shift-endmission after that.

Edited by Njayjay

Don't worry about being sneaky. I belly crawled half a kilometer through woods. The trees were still so thick that I could only see one guy through them from 450m. Squeeze off one shot with a silenced gun and every single AI is instantly zeroed in on me and I get killed. Over and over. In the mean time, the AI I get saddled with refuse to fight and behave like booger eating morons.

Being sneaky will do nothing for you after that first shot. BIS needs to seriously fix their AI.

Are you running this using GL4 or mods like this?

If you are running GL4 , your weapon might not be silenced even though it looks silenced on graphics because ACE silenced weapons are not defined in its config and will be treated as normal weapons. Also, if you run GL4, as long as one enemy spots you, he will call all of the other enemies all over the map to your location and break your stealth to the point of no redemption. That is why GL4 is not recommended for this campaign as there are many elements in this campaign that needs to stay where they are on the map to make the missions work. If they are called in as reinforcements, the mission will not run properly and in the worst case, it will not complete.

@ Archamedes, so yes, even though GL4 is good for large scale, Trial of Fire style missions where there are no strict locations that certain groups of enemies must hang around for the mission story to work, you will experience frustration running GL4 with any seal team 6 campaigns because it frequently break mission triggers due to the reinforcement feature. If you must, you should turn off the reinforcement feature from the userconfig and then manually set the ACE silenced weapons into the silenced weapon config or the weapons will not be silenced. (I know all these cos I have been using GL4 with every mission right from the first day it was released...hehehehe)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

If you are running GL4 , your weapon might not be silenced even though it looks silenced on graphics because ACE silenced weapons are not defined in its config and will be treated as normal weapons. Also, if you run GL4, as long as one enemy spots you, he will call all of the other enemies all over the map to your location and break your stealth to the point of no redemption. That is why GL4 is not recommended for this campaign as there are many elements in this campaign that needs to stay where they are on the map to make the missions work. If they are called in as reinforcements, the mission will not run properly and in the worst case, it will not complete.

@ Archamedes, so yes, even though GL4 is good for large scale, Trial of Fire style missions where there are no strict locations that certain groups of enemies must hang around for the mission story to work, you will experience frustration running GL4 with any seal team 6 campaigns because it frequently break mission triggers due to the reinforcement feature. If you must, you should turn off the reinforcement feature from the userconfig and then manually set the ACE silenced weapons into the silenced weapon config or the weapons will not be silenced. (I know all these cos I have been using GL4 with every mission right from the first day it was released...hehehehe)

Nope, never heard of GL4. Just running the required mods. The xray vision and elite sniper skills of the enemy AI wouldn't be so maddening if friendly AI wasn't so incompetent. I'll have a guy on the .50 and there's be enemies 50m away and he will not fire, in the meantime enemy AI is firing away at me. It's this way in the stock game too. It wasn't so bad in 1.4, has to be something 1.5.

Can you pm me and copy/paste the entire script code that needs to be altered to turn off reinforcements and artillery, please. i found the file that needs changing but i cant work out how to sort it manually and i dont want to break something

Do you give your AI the 3 - 5 order of Engage at Will? I find they're far more selective about who they shoot in the typical default of disengage mode.. where they're waiting for you to call out targets to them.

Though yes.. you're own AI squad tends to be less competent then enemies in the ArmA games. I figure it's the AI squads are getting precise instructions at lightening speeds about what to do and where to shoot.

Can you pm me and copy/paste the entire script code that needs to be altered to turn off reinforcements and artillery, please. i found the file that needs changing but i cant work out how to sort it manually and i dont want to break something

Just open up your GL4 folder in the userconfig folder, find GL4_Global, open that and then uncomment the Reinforcement request in line 0. You need to manually add ALL the ACE silenced weapon classes to line 20 for them to be silenced.

Just open up your GL4 folder in the userconfig folder, find GL4_Global, open that and then uncomment the Reinforcement request in line 0. You need to manually add ALL the ACE silenced weapon classes to line 20 for them to be silenced.

still cant work it there are too many lines bunched together to know exactly which one and i got no idea where line 20 is because they are not numbered, can you send the script please

Edited by Archamedes

@Archamedes, it is numbered. Read it carefully. Even the instructions on how to do it is in the document itself.

i got it now, found the numbers before you posted lol. Only thing is i cant find the ace classlist anywhere. Also do you have to add all the other silenced weapons? like the ones that come with this camp

I didn´t deactivate the Reinforcement stuff. I just set the distance to 50Meters. When doing like this, it will be a much better experience when attacking an enemy Camp without breaking mission objectives.

@Jasonnoguchi I´m really lazy, could you just post you Line 20 from the config here?^^

My GL4 line 20 setup for ACE2 weapons:

GL4_Global set [20, (GL4_Global select 20) + ["M4A1SD","MP5SD","M9SD","MakarovSD","B_556x45_SD","B_556x45_SD","ACE_M4A1_GL_SD","ACE_M4A1_ACOG_SD","ACE_M4A1_AIM_ SD","ACE_SOC_M4A1_AIM_SD","ACE_SOC_M4A1_SD_9","ACE _SOC_M4A1_SHORTDOT_SD","ACE_M4SPR_SD","ACE_M110_SD","ACE_TAC50_SD","ACE_UMP45_SD"] ];

note that your browser may include spaces above where this is none. Please make sure you copy and paste and check for wrong spaces.

I tried lowering the reinforcement distance to 500m but it appears that those new reinforcements also calls more reinforcements yet another 500m away and then end up, most of the enemies from other mission areas also came to the current area. That made me turn that feature off for good. That feature really interferes with how mission makers want their missions to run. Other than that, I really love the recruitment feature of GL4 especially in big fire fights where if I am down to just a couple of men, I will send one of them away to recruit from friendly forces nearby. Especially useful in missions full of friendly forces such as manhattan and most chesty puller missions. GL4 FX are so-so to me as I like the effects from WarFX and JTD better. GL4 explosions are too small. Above all, I run GL4 as they make enemies behave like human do... reacting to seeing dead bodies (hell, in the dark espionage mission, there were 2 guys talking to each other beside an MI, I dropped one of them and the other carried on "talking" like nothing happened! hahahaa), reacting to the sound of gun fire making recon by fire possible, mounting static defenses on their own, rearming on their own, true suppression where the suppressed enemy really stay put and pinned down making flanking with suppression very realistic.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

i got gl4 all fixed up now thanks. i always have problems editing script files because just as i figure out one a new one comes out with a different layout. I turned off reinforcements and enemy ability to call in arty on you. I instantly noticed a huge difference in gameplay (before switching it all off) i replayed harvest red into the storm, which is usually a quiet, sneak in and stealth kill the guards but with gl4 settings all on your in a huge firefight with soldiers hiding in the woods just before the village, i wasnt expecting that

Yes, using GL4, its almost impossible to stay stealthy if even one guard spots you, which of course is very realistic, as he will call out to the other guards. But that makes some stealth missions in the Seal Team 6 campaigns unplayable especially if the trigger is to stay undetected.

Well therefore I set the reinforcement radius to 50 Meters. When attacking a camp, everybody in the Camp will be alerted (realistic). So there won´t be enemys continuing their Patrol while their comrades are dying around them. But with only 50 Meters radius it won´t break Mission objectives. I´m thinking about setting the Call Reinforcement timer from 5 to 10 Seconds...