Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal team six 3

maybe someone asked this before....but....is there any chance of an AC-130 making an appearance in a sick1 campaign?

:)

Sounds like you have an old version of ACE. That problem exist a few updates ago but is gone now.

@MARBESSI & jasonnoguchi keep me updated on your progress. I'm glad you guys are havin fun with it.

I use the SIX Updater, so it should be the latest Version of ACE.:confused:

Could someone explain what you have to do to beat the end of the first mission, I don't know where in the camp to go? I have been spotted trying to find the right tent or building.

Try harder. :) Took me over 4 hours and COUNTLESS reloads to get through that final part itself. tip:

wait til nightfall and make sure you crawl ALL THE WAY. Kill whoever stands in your way with silenced weapons. The notes also mentioned something about antennas remember? :)

---

UPDATE: Operation eagle rescue is a little frustrating because AI squad mates won't all follow me into the building :( Only 1 followed. The other two stayed outside no matter what I do (I placed my sniper in a secret sniping location which is very safe! hehehehe will share with you guys when I finish the mission)... is this a 1.05 thing or ZEUS thing? This makes the second phase of this mission clearly suicidal for those two guys outside... Also guys, you may wanna train with using flashbangs in the editor BEFORE going on this mission. The "precision throw" and "roll" requires some training to get right even though doors are nice and wide. If you "practise" in the mission, you are certain to experience the frustration of reloading again and again because the flashbang actually DAMAGES you if it explodes too near! :) Bewarned!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Jebas! Completed Operation Eagle Recover at last! Once again, I felt complete helplessness and hopelessness in the final part of this mission as we are boxed in and waiting for the slaughter....until...

The venom save our day AGAIN! hahahah! the blazing of the vulcans took out enough terrorists so that we can breakout and finish that final few terrorists. You cannot imagine how happy I was when I hear the sound of the venom flying by and the vulcan blazing! hahahaha!

Lost 2 guys to the initial terrorist attack in the final phase. Yes, Reaver and Jester AGAIN. Those are my assault guys. My sniper and MGgunner always survives as I always put them somewhere offsite to provide support.

I placed my sniper on top of a hill 600m to the NE of the hotel where he took out all the guards on the roof top and around the rear of the embassy. That sets us up for a backdoor insertion by landing from the North. Entered the building from the rear door and used flashbangs at every opened door. Yes, I brought plenty of flashbangs as I know its a CQB mission. That makes clearing the building quite a piece of cake. Some terrorists tried to mingle with the hostages (just like in real life) but their weapons sticking out from their shoulders make them easy to spot and kill hehehehe. The whole insertion and clearing of the embassy took me less than 20 mins. Very easy and no reloads. Then, when I thought how easy this mission is, all hell broke loose.

Suddenly, the whole building shook to RPG and explosives attack from ALL round! I literally saw blast dust blowing out of every door with a window and I had to run down a corridor to prevent getting caught up! I checked my map and saw no lesser than 20 terrorists storming the embassy from all angles! I think my sniper took care of those that came around the north face as there wasn't any approaching there. the rest of us were boxed in, and helpless against such odds... two of my men suddenly on their own accord went to engage the terrorists and was promptly killed. I decided against reloading and boxed myself in the corner of a small room and aimed my Glock 18 at the door on full auto, ready to kill anyone who storms in. I waited and waited... sweat broke out in RL. There were footsteps and shouting by the terrorist all around me and I am waiting for the moment I get spotted... RL fear and hopelessness sets in... 8 mins passed by quite quickly and suddenly, just like the morning sun breaking over the horizon, the sound of a venom flying around the embassy and vulcan blazing tells me that hope is here!!! I switched to my map and watched the countless red dots disappear and after about 5 mins, there was only about 3 to 5 dots left on the map and the venom went away. I T-switched to my MGgunner Wardog who is armed with a shotgun and then with the help of a flashbang, killed all the remaining terrorists on teh ground floor and we escaped to safety! (shotguns are so effective in close range! one shot one kill on the body! MP5 took about 9 hits on the body for one kill.) My sniper had to run all the way back to extraction since I can't find any vehicles in that part of the map :(

VERY NICE! Took me 2 reloads to get my 2 men who didn't want to come into the building in. Real life feeling of fear, hopelessness and suddenly, dramatic hope! Just like a movie! hahahah you should be a script writer! :) Well done!!! Moving on 6! Operation Iron Dawn...

(I am also going update my ACE to 204 and also the new version of ZEUS_ACE. Lets hope nothing breaks)

----------------

UPDATE: Updated ACE and zeus_ace and nothing broke...phew! :) Operation Iron Dawn starts...

I guess from the operation iron dawn mission outline on the briefing screen that we are going to run into armor this time round as Russian airfields ALWAYS comes with shilkas. So I armed my team with a shitload of Metis and Javelin for this one. However, during the recon phase (I always split my missions into recon, ingress, action and egress just like we did it back in our SF training in RL. yeah, spent 8 years in SF in RL.), I went to several high grounds around the airfield in order to see where the defenses are but saw...NOTHING... wierd...not even the guard towers are manned. surely vehicles and AI are rezzed at 1200m. Was even hoping to take out the tanks at that distance using javelins. took me about 30mins already... I am going in for some deep recon next... approaching within 500m. Good thing was I led one attack on this same airfield in Harvest Red so I know how the place is, so that's a plus there.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Iron Dawn is not 5 mission? I'm there also.... As for mission "Eagle recover" I was the sniper and I got enemyes from the smoke tower of the factory near crrc arrival... Snipe out all guards then approach with my squad to embassy. Just before clearing all the rooms I took two elements (they won't come inside so I make it on my own) of my squad and put them as gunners of Dskhm on the top then came back in clear last room and wait for counterattackers.... it was a massacre!!!!!!!!!!!!!! last two of them were shot by the incoming Venom!!!!! Nice one....

@Marbessi, I also wanted to put my guys on the heavy weapons on the roof but I didn't get the choice to mount those weapons. :( Tried T-switching and mounting and didn't work. So I had to do it the hard way...sigh...

problem... why can't I pilot the helo that I was supposed to steal? There is no option to get on in the menu. (trust me, I know how to steal vehicles like anything..hehehe)

Just finished "Iron Dawn" next one "covert Strike". jasonnoguchi to steal helo you must before secure cdf pilot in the hangar. Before starting this mission I just put everything I can in Humvee from depot at the beginning... then I went no the hills just in front on aircraft hangars and from there with vector nite 21 acquired distance and target... took my M109 and took down AA thrower. Now take my Javelin thrower and took down BMP-3 missile thrower and two jeeps (4 missiles). Then took Humvee and with 3 Tow missiles took down all 3 aircraft so first part was over. Now back on my humvee and go on the other side of the airport. from the hill took town with my tow missiles another BMP-3 and ZU-23 Tunguska so I decided to call cavalry and an A-10 ThunderboltII soon arrives to take down other two jeeps and infantry. I entered now airfield and went were I should steel the helo for escape go up in the tower near hangars again with my M109 and Sniped out medics in the hangar were CDF pilot was held. Back on my humvee and straight to that hangar. there were 3 men's left. With my assault rifle I shot them down so I rescue the pilot and finally ended this fantastic mission. I had really great fun Sick1 on this one hope next will be the same....:)

Jeez Marbessi, you are doing much better in iron dawn than me :( 6 hours of play and still having a ton of trouble... I think I infiltrated too prematurely... there was (as usual) a ton of enemies waiting for me... I have down by 2 men so far, rescued the CDF and is moving on to take on the rest of the enemies with just 2 uncooperative squad mates and hoping to clear the base and blow the helos up sky high...sigh... so unlike my style... shit happens and that's the fun of it all! hehehehe.

I did what you did initially and cleared what I think are all the tanks in the base and I wanted to move in, steal the HELO and then use the helo to blow the hell out of all the enemies in there but...sigh... the helo can't be stolen and I found myself caught in a situation where enemies start pouring on to me and I had to do it the hard and traditional way... :( to make matters worse, I am already out of ammo (yet again... I picked up new weapons and ammo at the CDF officer hangar) and using sidearms as the enemies disappear too fast for me to pick an AK up :(

---

Update: completed Iron Dawn... the traditional way... only 4 of us survived, including the pilot. Other than the pilot, all 3 of us were so badly injured that the whole screen was blurry and reddish and impossible to fight further. If BIS wounding is all, all of us would be writhing on the ground and unable to get away at all... used up all our bandages and morphines... geeezz.... no wonder the world looks blurry! hahahaha! F**KING tough one if you get it wrong! I finished with only half a mag of my pistol ammo left! The other two were left only with pistols as well! hahahaha! Moving on 6!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

It's awesome to see you guys tackling these missions in creative ways. Thanks for the updates. There still plenty of surprises in store for you guys:)

It's awesome to see you guys tackling these missions in creative ways. Thanks for the updates. There still plenty of surprises in store for you guys:)

You made it possible for us to get creative Sick. :) Good mission designs! :) Your missions always makes me feel like I am totally in control of the situation in the first half of the mission and then suddenly, all hell break loose and I often find myself trying to survive! Very realistic! Darn tough to beat the traditional way, force us to get creative! :) I totally can't wait to see the new surprises you have in the next campaign!!!!!! :)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Damn I don´t have time to play this Campaignm because some kind of Clanwar

:rolleyes:

Damn I don´t have time to play this Campaignm because some kind of Clanwar

:rolleyes:

You missing out on the fun buddy! come join in! :) (although if you are used to human squad mates in clanwars , you would be frustrated with AI squad mates but hey, sometimes human squad mates are more stupid...hahahah!)

Yes I think that with ACE features your campaigns made a step forward in reality. Now you must plan every move because being too aggressive may cause your and your teammates death. Very competitive very nice it seems to fight for real... And I suppose this was just your goal!!!! Keep up this damn good work Sick1 and thank you so much for all the fun you give us!!!!!

I have had a hard time with the first mission (just the end), but it has been really cool seeing what strategies work best with different weapons:D There are so many options on these missions, thats what makes them the best.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

How do you use the rucksack system in ACE2 + this campaign? I add it to the secondary weapon slot and want to add stuff to it that I may need throughout the mission. Also, why can't I sling a one-use AT weapon on my back as with some MP games?

Aside from these questions, this is by far the greatest campaign I've played. Also, does the ZEUS addon really make a difference?

How do you use the rucksack system in ACE2 + this campaign? I add it to the secondary weapon slot and want to add stuff to it that I may need throughout the mission. Also, why can't I sling a one-use AT weapon on my back as with some MP games?

Aside from these questions, this is by far the greatest campaign I've played. Also, does the ZEUS addon really make a difference?

you can only fill your backpack ingame and not in the briefing screen

Just finished 'Fallen King', man that was a blast! I was under heavy fire right after insertion...

Great mission and great campaign. Sick1, nothing says thanks like a good couple of bananas :yay::yay::yay::yay:

ZEUS makes a HUGE difference! Just read the Zeus thread or setup your own tests in editor to see what I mean. I wrote a loooong write up on the differences in the Zeus thread before.

Finished operation covert strike! :) My, that was one fun and smoooooth operation!

Got rid of all the snipers from the hills opposite the airfield, they never saw what hit them! hahahaha! CRRC to the end of the airfield, Metis the helo taking out a bunch of baddies with it and then TAC-50SDed all the baddies. No sweat. They never saw what hit them! hahaahha! After much effort, I managed to get that Mi-8 out of the hangar and then proceeded to stand off 300m from the IED factory in that Mi-8 and rained RPK death on the countless red dots around the factory! ehehehhe... 1000 rounds of RPK fire reduced the red dots around the factory to no more than 5. Flew back to the airfield, took the little bird this time, inserted, cleared the last of the few enemies and then blow up the factory using that single sachet that I always bring on all missions. Mission complete...hehehehe...smoooooth!

I saw that the next mission operation deep six has to do with undercover ops! Awesome concept!!!! Moving on 6!!!!

(p/s Another good thing about your missions... no annoying bugs!!!! hahahah nice and simple! Goes to show that ArmA2 isn't a buggy game, its just individual missions that are bugged.)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I made the same as Jasonnoguchi except for killing the baddies at airfield. I mounted an ags30 (taked from crrc) where sniper team were and devastated everybody before hangars. (nice using vector nite 21 calculate range and then fire grenades adjusting sight making a perfect shot). Then with that mi-8 (how hard taking it out...how the hell they putted inside?) and its pk machine guns the factory was soon liberated and mission was almost finished. now let's see what operation deep six would manage....

Darn, I never got that AGS30... would have made killing those baddies a piece of cake! hahaha well done Marbessi! :)

Campaing great fun, but why use Panthera?

IMHO (and with all due respect to great effort in creating Panthera), Chernarus is way, way better map to play around in. If you believe BIS, they created it based on real satellite imagery, and that piece of marketing rings true because Chernarus looks damn realistic. Elevations and depressions feel logical and real-life like.

Campaing great fun, but why use Panthera?

IMHO (and with all due respect to great effort in creating Panthera), Chernarus is way, way better map to play around in. If you believe BIS, they created it based on real satellite imagery, and that piece of marketing rings true because Chernarus looks damn realistic. Elevations and depressions feel logical and real-life like.

its nice to try somewhere different. after playing harvest red you get used to the areas and towns, seal team 6 is a different storyline with different types of people.

after all movie makers wouldn't create a world war 2 film in a destroyed france then create a vietnam film using the same set