Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal team six 3

Might I suggest the missions be kept a lil shorter. I;ve only played the 1st mission but the 3rd and last objective could have bee made into a new separate mission, even a nighttime one. Just sayin, it was a little long especially now with ACE becoming disabled if a mission is loaded up again after restarting ArmA 2. Anyway nice ass stuff its good to be back in business.

Did everything required in mission 1 at last!!!! That's some mission!!!! TOUGH AS HELL!!! Took more than 50 reverts to get right!!!!!!! hahahahaha . Strangely, I was using zeus AI with this mission and I still managed to do the whole stealth thing 100% in one go. :) Never got detected! waited til nightfall and moved VERY slowly around to the side of the camp. Total ingress time took more than an hour.

One problem though...

killed all the enemies, demoed the stockpiles, the warehouse and ATed the Helo. Mission doesn't complete :( Help!

Update... SOLVED IT! I placed 15 sachets around and blew the whole fucking place up sky high and task was completed. :)

I wonder what happened to the girl inside the barracks...

There was a girl? I just put Satchels at each Stockpile of Cocaine. There where some at the Trucks, some in the Shed and the heicopter. It all went boom

EDIT: New Black ops released, everythiong should be ACE compatible now:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1530693&postcount=357

There are also some Winter Units included. I see some possibilitys for namalsk

Edited by Tonci87

I wonder what happened to the girl inside the barracks...

One of the sachets was placed right in front of her... that's war my friend...hehehe

One of the sachets was placed right in front of her... that's war my friend...hehehe

Stupid split arse should have ran, survival of the fittest don't apply to retards

I heal her with my medic... It was not necessary to kill. Trucks and Shed were enough... Worst than in Apocalypse now... what a bad guys you are :)

I heal her with my medic... It was not necessary to kill. Trucks and Shed were enough... Worst than in Apocalypse now... what a bad guys you are :)

Could have been "casualties of War" where they abuse and rape her.

Tried last Merc and Blackops but after saving and reloading all ACE features were gone. Trouble is still there.... no way to go on this campaign...

anyways, did mission 2 and maybe I have a knack for stealth but I found mission 2 a lot easier than mission 1 as I had the initiative all the while rather than have to fight against overwhelming odds.

First, I went around the perimeter sniping all the tower guards, cars and patrolling guards using the TAC-50SD. The mobility of the ATV and the shit load of ammo it carries really made it VERY easy to do. Then I changed to an M110, infiltrated from the NW corner of the base and proceeded to the plant beacon thing first. Those few guards there surprised me so I reloaded there. Got rid of them, beacon the helo and then FLY THE HELO to the scan missile place! The guards didn't recognise me in that helo and walked past me harmlessly. Went into the hangar, scanned the missile and then piloted and TAXIed the aircraft to the control tower. Sniped the officer from below, killed the 2 guards and then proceeded to climb up the tower. Was caught off guard by 3 enemies in the adjacent barrack. reloaded, dealt with them and then uploaded the trojan. Went over to the kamaz parked behind the tower and then drove straight to the base morgue....hehehhee. Drove around the morgue to check out the guards and saw 2 standing next to 2 campfires and another one patrolling around the outside. Parked the kamaz behind the morgue and sniped all of them one by one. Checked the body and the drove off in the kamaz, knocked down the fences and to extraction... no fuss. :)

What I love about campaign 3 is that every operation has a different style of play which is very interesting! :) (yes, I saw that we are going to vulcan those SOBs in the next mission! yayya!) I am sooo looking forward to campaign 4 now!

By the way, I love long missions and long missions are very signature of ArmA2. hehhe. Like I said before, 1 mission in ArmA2 could be as long as an entire campaign in other games.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Hey man you cheated^^

I completed the ission without fancy tricks like that

The Problem with reloading stuff is still there? Then Schnapsdrossel did something wrong

Well, its tactics Tonci. :) i always make full use of available resources to complete my missions just like in RL. :) Always give myself the full tactical edge. Driving an enemy vehicle at night so as not to be recognized is a completely realistic tactic. :) I love how the campaign really allows you to play out your tactical sense. In mission 1, I even had 1 AGS30, 1 Mk12, 1 DHSKM and 1 M2 setup on the hill to attack the training camp with. Yes, the full tactical edge. That was the only easy part in mission 1 for me :(

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Man you guys figured out ways of playing this campaign that i never thought of. Let's see who finishes the campaign first. No rush though;)

If you are using the current version it's on. Just press the right windows key near an injured unit.

Will pressing it turn it on and off or os it always on? I just wanna make sure its on all the time cos the ACE system lets u take down units with less ammo instead of dumping a clip into a dude to incapacitate him.

Will pressing it turn it on and off or os it always on? I just wanna make sure its on all the time cos the ACE system lets u take down units with less ammo instead of dumping a clip into a dude to incapacitate him.

Na it's always on.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Okay folks I've decided to hold out on ODA 574 and just make SEAL TEAM SIX 4. It's gonna feature Namalsk and the new winter units. The first mission is done and it kicks ass. Get ready guys this one is going to be epic.

Na it's always on.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Okay folks I've decided to hold out on ODA 574 and just make SEAL TEAM SIX 4. It's gonna feature Namalsk and the new winter units. The first mission is done and it kicks ass. Get ready guys this one is going to be epic.

I need to spell this out in full... OH MY FU*CKING GOD!

Will the update to the BB mercs affect the current campaign? I am hesitant on updating, not wanting to fix what's not broken until I have your word. :( I would complete campaign 3 in the next 3 hours if not for the fact that I need to go for a family outing right now :(

Edited by jasonnoguchi

After ST:6 part 4, how about Delta Force, with a Chuck Norris lookalike

:yay:

Operation Blowdown does not work with th current ACE Version.

After i unpacked the campaign and tried to open the mission in the editor i got the message that the mission needs ace_sys_stick2gether what is deleted.

Hell knows why ArmA 2 did not abort the loading of an campaign-mission when needed addons are missing.

Hell! I love what you did with operation blowdown!!!! what a blast of a start!!!! totally awesome way to see the island of panthera too! getting down with the mission now! :)

Update: Damn! Didn't know Panthera is so hard to fight in until now! JESUS! What a challenge!! :) The hills and undulations REALLY makes combat VERY close up! I am having VERY big problem keeping my team 100% alive. Reloaded over 10 times already! :)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Sick, is there some kind of experience point system in force in this campaign? I realised that my men gains rank over time and those who has died before and resurrected come back as privates. I lost Wardog and Reaver in Operation blowdown and they came back as privates in Operation Eagle Recover.

Luckily the venom took out that final town... our team is way out of ammo and cut down after taking the previous 6. All CDF died and I lost my sniper and MGgunner.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

As for the trouble saving/reloading and lose the ACE features I noticed that this not happened if you reload a previous save game without exit mission... i.e. if you do save and exit and then you reload you lose ACE features while if you die and you reload a previous save game without backing to mission selection menu you do not lose ACE features. In other words to maintain ACE features you have to begin a mission and then finish it all in one even saving and reloading but without exit to menu. Now I think I Enjoy again this fantastic job of Sick1. Mission 5 I'm back on track!!!!!!

Operation Blowdown does not work with th current ACE Version.

After i unpacked the campaign and tried to open the mission in the editor i got the message that the mission needs ace_sys_stick2gether what is deleted.

Hell knows why ArmA 2 did not abort the loading of an campaign-mission when needed addons are missing.

Sounds like you have an old version of ACE. That problem exist a few updates ago but is gone now.

@MARBESSI & jasonnoguchi keep me updated on your progress. I'm glad you guys are havin fun with it.

Sick, is there some kind of experience point system in force in this campaign? I realised that my men gains rank over time and those who has died before and resurrected come back as privates. I lost Wardog and Reaver in Operation blowdown and they came back as privates in Operation Eagle Recover.

one of the best points of classical rainbow six and ghost recon....

Would be nice if an experience/skill system was in place, to make us more attached to the men

Could someone explain what you have to do to beat the end of the first mission, I don't know where in the camp to go? I have been spotted trying to find the right tent or building.