Sign in to follow this  
suma

Do not use large pictures in signatures

I am probably just being blond but how do you get a picture in your signature.

To loopy:

Find out the URL of the pic you want use and write it to your signature using img-code, example:(img)your images URL(/img)

Note, use [ instead of (.

Hope this helps.

Man, I'm happy I read this thread.

Finally I realized I can disable the stupid avatar and signature pictures!

Thanks Suma.

Well how do you make a link in an sig?

FW

I was just messing around with the signature thing and wanted to include only a link to a sound file. The only thing is I didn't want to have it say the link, instead have it say something else, and then you click the link and it plays the sound. When I try the html code for it, it automatically gets changed to the html code listed and the whole link address. Is there any way around this?

To do that the IB code would be .......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Guess the quote.<span id='postcolor'>

Resulting in Guess the quote.

Just paste the IB code above into your sig.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ April 04 2002,10<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When using picture in signature, do not use pictures higher than 100 pixels.

Using large pictures in signatures takes a lot of space, makes page loading slower and also makes navigating forum more difficult.

Users that will use pictures higher than 100 pixles will have them removed from their signature.

from Suma: April 04 2002,10:17

Several users that had very large pictures in their signatures had their singnatures changed to links to pictures only. If they want their pictures back again, we ask them to use them small, otherwise we will disable iconboard features in signatures completely.<span id='postcolor'>

ok were talking about 100 pixels right "hugh ass pic's or sigs that take up half a page example" thats what the man said nothing about the the actual size of the file for the sig?

"example of what i mean is Dimensions size say "whatever x 100 pixels"

not the actual file size"

I know are flash sig meet's the 100 pixles requirment but i have been targeted if i use it my posting rights well be removed for the offical forums, which i take it all official people from fraghaus cause we all have that sig about 3 of us that post here Ed, Drak and myself. or we just being targeted by this one moderator placebo.

I know i have asked placebo in PM messages to show me where the new rule for the file size is he never said just replyed with "I've removed your sig, if you replace it with a file over 100kb again I will remove your posting rights until you agree to use a smaller file"

I think this is a honest mix up of what was posted by BIS and what is though by placebo. If we could have someone from BIS please state the exact rules on this.

Thanks i just dont want to see people get pissed and banned from the forums over a simple mix up.

There is no mix up, honest or otherwise, when it comes to file size of images, flash movies or whatever the maximum is 100kb, this size rule dates back to OFPN forums, it was brought with us when we moved to these forums too, this rule has been stated in hundreds and hundreds of threads, do we set out each and every rule in stone in a sticky, no, do we either send a PM asking a person to resize/remove an image if it's over 100kb in size, or edit a post to change the image from being a hotlink to being a link, yes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rage_Frost @ June 18 2002,22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think this is a honest mix up of what was posted by BIS and what is though by placebo. If we could have someone from BIS please state the exact rules on this.<span id='postcolor'>

To avoid any confusion, rules are changed a little bit to be more clear and more complete. Check this pinned thread.