Sign in to follow this  
Ruxster

Demo is version 102, can I update the demo

Im using the demo, and have to say I am very impressed so far, with a few things that are portraying some questions for me.

So im wondering can i update the demo version, to see the latest improvements, im guessing not, but any accurate info on this would be appreciated.:)

There isn't a more recent demo available and no current plans to create a more recent one due to the time it would take, whether or not there'll be a demo for Operation Arrowhead I'm not sure :)

Thanks for replying quickly.

Got the the game ordered now anyhow, just trusting that there will be an improvement from the new patches, not to say im totaly unhappy with the demo, infact its impressed me enough to buy, and also looking at the support for this title, I can see there will be many hours of enjoyment ahead.;)

the latest patch is leaps and bounds ahead of the demo. You'll be more than satisified :)

And then you'll find ACE2.

the latest patch is leaps and bounds ahead of the demo. You'll be more than satisified :)

And then you'll find ACE2.

Interesting ACE2 ??? whats that an add on.

Interesting ACE2 ??? whats that an add on.

It adds a lot of features, and makes the game more realistic. Check out the links that TimRiceSE posted, and read up on how to use the SIX Updater, it will be your best friend.

Six updater tutorial:

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main/vid

The lack of updated demo was a recurring problem when ArmA 2 was going gold. A lot of newbies came along looking for something to show them what to expect - they downloaded the ArmA demo which shat itself if it was ran on a DX10 card...

I think it would be in BIS' best interests to have a demo patched against the latest build in time for OA so that newcomers aren't put off by the condition ArmA 2 was in when it launched.

Thanks for all the feed back,

Im just about to download version 1.04 ontop of the main game ver 1.01,

I am assuming all the fixes from previous versions, 102, 103 will be included in this Patch, Please let me know if im wrong.

Many thanks

:D

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Wow, this is massive, fantastic array of improvents and enhancements.

This cant be for free right??? :eek:

1.04 is inclusive of previous patches. Once you have 1.04 installed visit the BETA pages and download the latest BETA as well.

I think i read a report, that Patch 1.05 is due in time for Christmas anyway?

Might not be worth bothering with the betas if this is so.

I am assuming all the fixes from previous versions, 102, 103 will be included in this Patch, Please let me know if im wrong.

Yes, just run 1.04. No need for previous patches.

This cant be for free right??? :eek:

:) Welcome to ArmA 2

Also as mentioned, we should be getting patch 1.05 very soon now.

I love ACE 2, it still has alot of unfinished and buggy features, but when the final build is release it will be fantastic!

So far I never though of buying ArmA2. Although I really want the game, I won't buy it because the demo runs like poo on my computer. I read that the new patch(es) improve the game, but of course I can never test it. I have to stick with the demo which doesn't run well.

These are my specs:

cpu: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+

memory: 3072MB RAM (4 actually but win xp doesn't count further)

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512.0 MB

Sound: Onboard

and a mouse

Will there ever be an improved version of the demo?

Thanks

Will there ever be an improved version of the demo?

I don't think so:

There isn't a more recent demo available and no current plans to create a more recent one due to the time it would take, whether or not there'll be a demo for Operation Arrowhead I'm not sure :)