Sign in to follow this  
MulleDK19

Bohemia Interactive's future ARMA 3!

What do you think?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Awesome, I really, really want this!
    • Would be cool, but I don't really care.
    • No, I don't like it that much.
    • You're an idiot.

Not really sure I get this thread - isn't Arma3 cancelled, now that they are going to make some civilian helicopter thingy in stead?

where do you people get that from?

Sorry to be so ArmA 3 or not? Will the new official game with a new island for example, 20 to 20 miles or more? Will it navigable river from the bridge? Will the rugged terrain, mountains, forests, rivers, lakes?

and who would you like to answer that question of yours?

Sorry to be so ArmA 3 or not? Will the new official game with a new island for example, 20 to 20 miles or more? Will it navigable river from the bridge? Will the rugged terrain, mountains, forests, rivers, lakes?

Almost a candidate for post of the century, but because the poster has a respectable avatar and non-native English speaking home, I'll pass it by. :)

A better physics engine would indeed be nice... Think of bombs, shells and missiles posed as ragdolls, they'll be affected by air resistance, gravity, etc a lot better.

Hell, today's NVidia GPUs can process a complex physics engine like PhysX while rendering a game. If some how another physics engine that isn't as complex as PhysX (We don't really need it like PhysX) uses GPU acceleration, it'd be awesome.

This is how bombs, bullets, grenades, shells already behave: you give them an air resistance coefficient, a muzzle velocity and an effective velocity and the game works out the rest for you

Even vehicles have pretty complex physics simulations, from suspension response to the handling of a helicopter. The systems aren't full simulations because there's only so much you need to do to create the feeling of mostly realistic flight or driving

'ragdolls' is a very pop culture term for the physics simulation you're suggesting. There's already physics simulations in arma, in arma 2, even back in ofp. It's just the complexity and depth of those simulations that is developed.

Again, if adding ragdoll means dead body disappearing a few secound after they die or dead body no longer stop/slow bullets then i'd rather have no ragdoll at all.

There's no need for dead bodies to disappear, just because they're ragdolls. Any respectful physics engine won't process bodies that's no longer moving, unless acted upon by a force (Like a bullet).

Also, currently, dead bodies does not play the same animation in multiplayer, for all players, so if you shoot someone, and you see him falling one way, your team mates will all see him fall a different direction.

So at the moment dead bodies are deceiving as cover.

Not really sure I get this thread - isn't Arma3 cancelled, now that they are going to make some civilian helicopter thingy in stead?

ARMA 3 doesn't even exist yet. Also, a lot of companies make multiple games at once... Including BIS.

Even vehicles have pretty complex physics simulations, from suspension response to the handling of a helicopter. The systems aren't full simulations because there's only so much you need to do to create the feeling of mostly realistic flight or driving.

Can't really call them complex. And driving doesn't feel realistic, at all.

The only type of vehicle that feels real are helicopters. Planes to some extent.

And maybe tracked vehicles.

But not cars, or truck or bikes. Argh.

Would be cool with some DiRT 2 handling. That's realistic.

Can't really call them complex. And driving doesn't feel realistic, at all.

The only type of vehicle that feels real are helicopters. Planes to some extent.

And maybe tracked vehicles.

But not cars, or truck or bikes. Argh.

Would be cool with some DiRT 2 handling. That's realistic.

I agree that the driving doesn't feel realistic at all. I wuld be happy for some normal suspension and hit detection along with some damage model as well, not too complex, but in today's gaming technology what we get in arma 2 driving is very basic. planes and helicopters do fell better but they still lack the damage model, arma 2 in general as well.

what do you mean lack of damage.. in my game if your vehicle gets shot heaps or if you crash a car get smashed windows and bullets holes (if im shot at )

i think he means the missing of extended damage display and models like actually loosing part or real deformation of objects

and there are no real bulletholes just a dark texture

true.. but it is a simulator. And simulators arnt known for the best detailing

true.. but it is a simulator. And simulators arnt known for the best detailing

Which is why they're not really simulators.

this doesnt make sense at all!

its the core of an simulator to cover a certain aspect in all of its details

and as a game developper it should always be your goal to create the best possible game

Most simulators really aim to simulate 1 thing so that they can pile all of their resources on that particluar flight model and detailing. Arma lets the player use everything that they see....so much tougher I'd say and a balance has to be found.

in arma they focus mainly on the Soldiers and map detailing.. i have the ACE 2 mod which has made detailing better. if you dont have it you should get it.

in arma they focus mainly on the Soldiers and map detailing.. i have the ACE 2 mod which has made detailing better. if you dont have it you should get it.

we are all glad that a fresh in the pond is aware of ACE. Thank you for sharing we the rest of us newbs around here.

Now, can we stick to the thread? there is no ace written in it..

Edited by PuFu

I agree that the driving doesn't feel realistic at all. I would be happy for some normal suspension and hit detection along with some damage model as well, not too complex, but in today's gaming technology what we get in arma 2 driving is very basic. planes and helicopters do fell better but they still lack the damage model, arma 2 in general as well.

Well yeah I mostly agree, but to be honest I would like to see the vehicles stop bouncing off each other and making a collision sound as to suffice, and as for damage textures it would be nice to see some more complex destroyed vehicle models, lol they all basically turn into a bare hull with all tyres gone and a grey to black texture, I suppose at the moment at least all the vehicles 'work', as in they all function properly, just some of the physics etc. isn't pretty, and as for ragdoll and body physics engines, it would make an absolutely massive difference, to see AI body reactions to getting shot, and for them to die quicker, because it is easily possible for a player to shoot the AI, then have the AI shoot them before they die, not very good, also seems to be a reason that PvP isn't as popular in Arma as in most other games.

There are mods out there that don't need naming that will improve the game, but having the default game being incredibly good in the first place would reduce the requirement for mods, thus opening up the community to public players a little easier, since there are fewer and fewer servers that run vanilla. I know that my clans server uses about 5-10 addons and mods.

ARMA 3 announced!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/arma2/events/216383748504080025

OMFG:

Take advantage of PhysXâ„¢ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system

Would also appear to use it for ragdolls: http://www.arma3.com/screenshots/scr03.jpg

Edited by MulleDK19

Okay. I originally played OFP (GOTY), then ARMA (+Queen's Gambit) and finally ARMA 2 (And eagerly awaiting Operation Arrowhead)

But...

There's some things that I've always been annoyed by the series:

No 3rd-party components.

Please, Bohemia, for the love of god... For once in history, please use 3rd-party components!

I want, Lua for scripting. Havok, Euphoria and DMM for physics.

On a side-note, these features would be awesome!

- Possibility to put injured people (dragging/carrying) into vehicles.

- Possibility to create physics constraints (Would require a real physics engine), like ropes, elastics, hinges, etc.

- Animations for getting in and out of vehicles, and doors actually opening/closing etc.

- Physics interactions! (Havok)

- Ragdolls! (Euphoria)

- Destructable everything! (DMM)

- Possibility to group multiple units in the editor simultaneously.

- Possibility to shoot from vehicles with infantry weapons. (eg. from the side of little-birds).

- Possibility to report your position.

- Possibility to carry multiple maps, radios, etc.

- Losing remaining ammo if reloading before a clip is empty.

- More fluid movement.

- Easier way of opening/closing doors (Both ways).

- More orders for commanding units.

- Combining team commands, eg. if you have four units, (unit 1, 2 = team yellow, unit 3, 4 = team red), selecting all four and issue the "Open Fire" command would issue order: "Team Yellow and Red, Open fire!"), instead of "1, 2, 3, 4, Open fire!".

- Also, when issuing commands. If you have 30 units in your group (example), and you select 29, of them, instead of having to say "1,2,3,4,5,6,7...29, Open fire!", just "All except 29, Open fire!".

- Every building enterable.

- Using Euphoria for vehicle physics, and DMM for handling dynamic vehicle damage.

- Varying muzzle flashes (It's the exact same for each shot, at the moment).

- Possibility to move from seat to seat in vehicles. (And walking around in larger vehicles, such as airplanes).

- Possibility for HALO with animation.

- Real physics handled parachutes.

- Refueling-airplanes.

- Real physics for windows.

- Destructable terrain (eg. grenades).

- Bring us the scripting functions from VBS1/2 (But using Lua).

- Make use of hooking events in Lua, much like the addEventHandler. Example:

function MyFunction(victim, weapon, projectile, killer)
   victim:PrintToChat("You were killed by a " .. projectile:GetClass() .. " projectile, fired from a " .. weapon:GetClass() .. ", held by " .. killer:Name() .. "!");
   victim:PrintToChat("The projectile hit you with " .. projectile.LastSpeed .. " km/s.");
end
hook.Add("UnitKilled", "HookName", MyFunction);

Would print to the victims screen:

- Everything would be so much easier using Lua. Example for creating a pilot, a vehicle and send him to a location:

local TransportOrderer = nil; --No one has requested transport
local TransportPilot = nil; --No pilot
local TransportChopper = nil; --No chopper

function SendTransport(unit)
TransportOrderer = unit; --Store the unit currently ordering transport, so no one else can.

local pilot = unit.Create("USMC_Soldier_Pilot", marker.GetByName("SpawnPos").GetPos()); --Create pilot at marker named "SpawnPos".
pilot.SetBehaviour(BEHAVIOUR_CARELESS);
TransportPilot = pilot;

local chopper = vehicle.Create("MH60S", marker.GetByName("SpawnPos").GetPos()); --Create MH60S at marker named "SpawnPos".
TransportChopper = chopper;
chopper.SetEngine(true) --Force the engine to be instantly turned on.
chopper.FlyInHeight = 100; --Fly high above.
chopper.SetPos(vector(chopper.GetPos().X, chopper.GetPos().Y, chopper.GetPos().Z + 100); --Set Z position 100 meters above
chopper.AddImpulseDir(DIR_FORWARD, 100) --Push the chopper forward to make it fly on start.

pilot.WarpIntoVehicle(chopper, SEAT_DRIVER); --Move the pilot into the driver's seat.

pilot.MoveTo(unit.GetPos()); --Make the pilot fly to the unit who ordered the transport.

hook.Add("UnitReady", "SomeUniqueName2", UnitIsReady); --Add an event handler for the UnitReady event.
end

--This function is triggered when any unit reports itself as ready
function UnitIsReady(unit)
if unit == TransportPilot then
	--The pilot is ready, make him land.
	pilot.Land(LAND_HOVER); --Make the pilot hover above the ground.
	hook.Remove("UnitReady", "SomeUniqueName2") --Remove the hook called "SomeUniqueName2" from the vent "UnitReady".
	hook.Add("Tick", "SomeUniqueName3", Ticker); --Hook the tick event
end
end

local ticking = 0;
function Ticker(deltatime) --deltatime contains the time in seconds since the last tick
ticking = ticking + deltatime
if ticking >= 1 then
	ticking = 0
	--There's been a second since last time we reached this if-statement.
	--We do this to spare some processing power.
	if TransportOrderer.CurrentVehicle == TransportChopper then
		--When the unit who ordered the transport has mounted the helicopter, take off.
		hook.Remove("Tick", "SomeUniqueName3"); --Remove hook from the Tick event.
		hook.Add("MapClicked", "SomeUniqueName4", MapWasClicked); --Add hook for map clicking.
		TransportOrderer:PrintToChat("Please select your destination by clicking on the map!");
	end
end
end

function MapWasClicked(unit, pos)
if unit != TransportOrderer then return; --Only the unit who called for transport can choose destination.

local ReadablePosition = util.GetCoordinatesFromPosition(pos); --Convert vector position (eg. Vector(351.5, 251.2, 35.1))  to coordinates (eg. 069074).

unit:PrintToChat("Going to co-ordinates " .. ReadablePosition .. ".");
pilot.MoveTo(pos);
end

function RadioHandler(unit, radio)
if radio == ALPHA then
	if TransportOrderer == nil then --If no one is currently waiting for transport
		SendTransport(unit); --Send transport to unit who triggered the radio.
		unit:PrintToChat("Transport is on the way, stay put!") --Tell the player that the transport is on it's way.
	else
		unit:PrintToChat("Sorry, " .. unit:Name() .. ", but the transport helicopter is currently transporting " .. TransportOrderer:Name() .. ". Please try again later!");
	end
else
	unit:PrintToChat("Sorry, " .. unit:Name() .. ", there is no action for this radio command!")
end
end
hook.Add("RadioActivated", "SomeUniqueName", RadioHandler) --Add hook for the RadioActivated event. Give it the name "SomeUniqueName" so the hook can be removed later. On activation, event will trigger function RadioHandler.

Ya, I know... I'm dreaming too much.

But seriously. I don't care if I have to buy Roadrunner or pay double the price to get all this.

- Server-side and client-side scripting. Example:

Server-side script:

AddCSLuaFile("cl_init.lua"); --Send the client-side script to the client.

function SomeoneConnected(ply)
local name = ply:Name();

if string.find(string.lower(name), "fuck") or
string.find(string.lower(name), "bitch") or
string.find(string.lower(name), "asshole") or
string.find(string.lower(name), "shit") or
string.find(string.lower(name), "retard") or
string.find(string.lower(name), "jerk") or
string.find(string.lower(name), "noob") or
string.find(string.lower(name), "n00b") then
	--Kick player for having an insulting word in his name.
	ply:Kick("Sorry, " .. name .. ". Please remove the insulting words from your name, and feel free to rejoin!");
	return;
end
end
hook.Add("PlayerConnected", "PlayerConnected1", SomeoneConnected);

function PlayerSpawnedFirstTime(ply)
--Welcome the player
ply:PrintToChat("Welcome to the server, " .. name .. ". Enjoy your stay :)");

--Wait 5 seconds, then show the Message Of The Day.
timer.Simple(5.0f, ShowMOTD, ply);
end
hook.Add("PlayerInitialSpawn", "PlayerInitialSpawn1", PlayerSpawnFirstTime);

function ShowMOTD(ply)
usermessage.Send(ply, "MOTD"); --Send a message to the client.
Msg("The MOTD was shown to " .. ply:Name() .. "\n"); --Print message in server console.
end

Client-side script:

function CreateMOTDAndShowIt()
--Here should be some code to create a panel, with a message and a close button.
local MOTDDialog = dialog.Create("Panel"); --Create a panel
MOTDDialog.ZOrder = 0; --Make sure it's background.
--Set position, etc. etc.
--Create text, buttons, etc.
local CloseButton = dialog.Create("Button", MOTDDialog) --Parent is MOTDDialog
CloseButton.OnClick = function() MOTDDialog.Close() end; --Close dialog on click
--Dialogs should be created through code, instead of being defined in Description.ext
MOTDDialog.Show();
end

function someFunction(msg)
--A user message has been received from the server.
if msg == "MOTD" then --If the message is "MOTD", then create the MOTD dialog and display it.
	CreateMOTDAndShowIt();
else
	Msg("Received unknown user message from server (" .. msg .. ")\n"); --Print message in local client's console
end
end
hook.Add("UserMessageReceived", "UniqueNameHere", someFunction);

function DrawHUD() --Drawing event
local X = 32;
local Y = 16;
local C = color(50, 100, 255, 150); --Blueish (semi-transparent)
draw.SimpleText("You are playing on SERVER_NAME_HERE, enjoy your stay!", X, Y, C);
--Text "You are playing on SERVER_NAME_HERE, enjoy your stay!" will be drawn on the player's screen at all times, at position 32, 16.
end
hook.Add("HUDPaint", "HUDPaint1", DrawHUD); --Hook the draw event

I've really put some work into these pseudo-scripts, because I really want to see it as the future ARMA 3 from Bohemia Interactive.

Concept for Digital Molecular Matter

I made a video using After Effects and Premiere to fake DMM in ARMA 2:

Concept for Euphoria

Greetings from Denmark

- Morten.

Codemasters don't hold a candle to you, Bohemia Interactive!

I agree with most of these comments. But I have more:

1) Control keyboard system must be more intuitive and easier to config. If a keyboard button is already used somewhere , than the system should ask if it may delete the button for other functions.

2) Artillery system must have confirm/fire button. Now one shoots sometimes unintended by pressing wrong button or too soon.

3) Auto land function for choppers/planes for those who cannot fly so well or who possess no joystick. The AI can land auto so the script already exists.

Also auto rearm when plane/chopper landed at base.

4) The vehicle pichup zone should be larger/more sensitive and have a separate button command, not a menu command. (I didn't find any)

Picking up vehicles can be a real mess for pple who cannot fly very well.

5) Server: Ability to have gameplay with all sides involved to play with all available handweapons in the whole game. More detailed control of which weapons available or not. (F.I. if a clan wants to play sniper and pistol only)

All vehicles should have one counterpart with same values/parameters.

6) Server should have ability to create profiles with game settings, and have a copy/paste/edit function to it. Now if one wants to start a certain mission one has to go through all parameters again and again, and... when one has forgotten something, ... spoils the whole thing. Existing profile should be able to used to copied and used as a basis for another profile with different parameters.

7) Feature to export/import player profile, options, controls etc. for when reinstall is needed. Or transfer to new computer, so that one has not to go through all parameters again after reinstall.

8)I would like to see an adjustable GPS window size. Now the GPS takes large parts of the screen. Also I want to be able to turn off the autozoom and have my own adjustable zoom size. (+/- buttons added on gps)

Also the GPS should stay, and not disappear after each change in action. Now one has to call it forward time and time again.

8) When opening the map, it should center on your own position on the last zoom size opened. When one uses paradrop or teleport, one has to scroll the map all the way to new destination.

9) Second monitor support for map view. Extremely handy, moreof when flying! Zoomable!

10) Controls: True division between controls infantry, land vehicle and air. So that we can use same button easily for those. F.I. move forward, can be arrow up for all three. So should be completely organised in a different way. Look at control panel BFBC2 for example.

Why not start from keyboard lay outs, graphically shown? (keyboard, SHIFT keyboard, LALT keyboard, CTRL keyboard, and start from there. Use more imagination to make it easier to configure keyboard layout. Also group the controls inside the lists - infantry, general, etc.- not above in menu- use color code in options to distinguish different control types, so that one sees immediately what type of control he is changing)

11) Menu's: Use graphic icon/button menu's and use more of the whole screen. Why is controls not in main screen and does one has to go through 3 or 4 steps to be able to change things? Why is "graphic settings" f.i. not directly accesable through graphic display in main menu, or via a shortkey button? (CTRL+V could be Graphic settings right away?) DEVS don't use enough imagination in theit menu structure. They still use old fashioned style setp 1, step 2, ... using only small part of a large screen. Use the whole screen at once, with it divided in zones, where clickable buttons are grouped together. So simple, but nobody does it.)

12) Squads should be easier accessable! F.i.: CTRL+1 is joining squad one, etc. Also roles one adapts in the game should be easier to change. Now one has to leave a MP game to change role??? Can you imagine?

Squads also should have color codes in menu and map.

13) MAP COLOR CODE. ENEMY SHOULD ALWAYS BE RED, NEUTRAL ALWAYS ..., FRIENDLY NOT IN SQUAD SHOULD ALWAYS SHOW BLUE, AND SQUADS SHOULD BE ALWAYS SHOW IN THEIR SQUAD COLOR ON THE MAP.

NOW COLOR CODES ON MAP ARE VERY CONFUSING!

That is because they are army dependent, not side dependent.

Also show color legenda on map wich explains the colors shown.

Names of people in vehicle are now shown over each other on map. Almost not to see who is in a certain vehicle. Also the pilot/driver should have a typical color so that one can adress him directly.

14) Possibility to have a more outspoken commander function, who has ability to give orders on map! Clickable map so! Commander should be able to click on unit and click on target they should go for. Also click should have sound ability, so that commander could tell squad what to do, and what the idea is.

Also ability to draw on map. F.I. zones where e is supposedly is. But also attack arrow lines, how we should attack.

Also possibility to write goals on map: First goal: Attack Jilavur, after that defend Feruz ABAD, ... that kind of things.

Better intel exchange in general. Separate intel button which shows all info in a scrolable popup window would be handy.

Also where e was spotted, there should be an icon of the type and a timer that counts down to a (by server adjustable period) - I think 15 minutes should be standard. So that when one looks at map, one still gets an idea of general situation and how the battle develops.

In general, a more outspoken and more intuitive commander function could be great, if properly developped.

15) AUTO AUDIO SYSTEM. When entering squad, auto switch to their audio channel. But with ability to talk to others too.

Audio buttons for squad, team, side, vehicle.

16) DRIVE AND SHOOT ABILITY BY ONE PERSON as an adjustable option in server menu. When people do not have the proper rank to join in a vehicle and when only few on a server, it is most annoying to have to switch place all the time. Realistic, but I can imagine alot of people would want this ability.

For those who don't, they can switch it of in game setup in server menu.

Ability to let a soldier enter a vehicle by a higher ranked soldier, who can give permission to enter the vehicle with him, even though he has not the proper rank.

Also, once could give squads the ability to enter vehicles based upon the soldier with the highest rank in their squad. Now it is not so nice, if I am a colonel, but my buddies aren't and they are unable to join me in battle in my tank.

17)Servers should have as much features as possible, WITH more explanation to what certain settings do, or are meant to do. Server menues could also be more graphic, with icons, and more intuitive.

18) Still better inbuild mod download/upload system is required. Servers who run MOD should be able to add site location where players can download their mod. When joining, mod should be downloaded and installed auto and in proper place. See synch tool that exists. This should be inbuild.

19) Autopatch checker/execute to check and update latest version.

Also with ability to DL and install smaller beta patches. Ability to save last three configs, for when patch doesn't work properly, to be able to return to previous state.

20) I would like to see a detailed info on all options, most of all the graphic options: what they change or do, what their effect is on fps, and so on. Tweakguide should be provided by devs.

Functions with high load on graphics should be able to be turned off completely where possible.

21) I can imagine gameplay where one is able to respawn on teamleader. Not so realistic, but helps teamplay alot. So maybe you should add the ability to be turned on/off when desired by server. One thing: one doesn't loose so much time to come to theatre of operations again. We want to play, not walk and walk and walk...

22) GPS disappears after each action taken. It should stay.

23) Feature to be able to choose freelook as standard as personal favorite in personal profile when entering game and / of vehicle (two different choices!).

Now, I personally like freelook in vehicles. Now I have to turn it on, again, and again, and again.

24) I would like separate joystick controls in menus. And easier config. Most of all in views/POV hat etc.

25) Auto countermeasures option would be handy in planes/choppers. Exists in real life!

26) Binoculars should have side view. I mean normal view with binoc in hand, and when using zoom, binocs come in front of head. This to be able to better see surroundings and give positions of e.

Binocs should have zoom in/out ability.

Also map coordinates should be visible in binocs, to be able to tell friendlies coordinates for arti, or bombardement, etc...

Also mark button on binocs, to mark e, so that they appear on map for friendlies. This is different from laser tool!

27) ability to have minimap or map on second monitor, to help situational awareness.

28) In SP squadmembers getting in and out of vehicles still takes too long. They should listen right away. Loose too much time on this.

29) Radio towers shouldn't be scripted to be brought down only with satchels. RPG or tank should be able too.

I also support other ideas already mentioned, being:

-Enemy spotted command

-use of previous maps of previous ARMA games.

-Motion capture cutscenes must be minimum. We just need short sitrep. Takes alot of energy from DEV part, but not so many pple are interested. Surely not when you replay a mission for the "xth" time.

Short sitrep, to the point, not to much bullshit.

- AI intelligence was in OFP much more realistic. Now I seem to fight superbots most of the time!

- Report position button is handy

- Complete remake of OPF with ARMA2/3 graphics would be wonderful.

Also this:

I agree, this game doesnt have as much video options as I would expect from a game like this for PC.

Shader detail

Foilage detail

Reflections on/off

Animation detail

particle effects detail

water detail

Post processing effects to be seperate options:

HDR intense/ normal

Film Grain

Bloom

Motion Blur

---

All things mentioned are welcome in ARMA 2 PATCH too of course.

Hope this was helpfull.

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Oh, and forgot this one: Sand bags to be put or dig foxholes to lay in ambush or cover.

AUTO TOGLE for freelook should be a preferred option!

Same with GPS, once open it should remain open.

Name added to active target instead of only an arrow and the distance.

Repair/refuel/heal of units next to main bunker of a town easier. Now to complicated menu structure. Takes ages...

The whole "command mode" menu structure must be rebuild. Way too complicated! (I am NOT talking about being THE commander, but the command mode everybody has.)

Why not make one button to bring up all functions visible, grouped and clickable on the screen? Now one has to go endless through all menu's again, and again, and again. While it can be easily avoided.

This can also be a solution for all menu's now under keyboard 1-9 and 0 buttons.

Team menu, and so on.

MUST BE JUST MORE INTUITIVE! AND: THESE BUTTONS WOULD BECOME AVAILABLE AS SHORTCUTS TO EASILY SELECT SQUADS (First create a squad, and then easily select by just pressing 1, 2, ...)

Airplanes should only be able to be bought when they can actually take off. I buy harrier with AI pilot, but doesn't seem to be able to take off. Away money!

Program can easily run a test script before actually creating them.

Units in production should be abled to be annulated - setting on server on/off - depending on admins choice.

If controls only used as infantry, are disabled in vehicles, and vice versa, then one can use more buttons, because same control can have different function depending on situation (infantry or vehicle).

Also crouch/stand up could be just 1 toggle button.

Same with prone/stand up. (No need for two different buttons - important when having a joystick or gamepad.)

Pilot should have real land order (not disembark)

On map, click and drag, like strategy games have. To enable selection of units in a certain zone. And give them orders.

When THE commander gives an order, player should have the opportunity to confirm the request, t let THE commander know he is going for the objective.

THE commander should also be able to send advice to players on what they according to him should buy: air, inf, armor, light armor, ... Player should also be able to confirm. Or not of course.

Player should also be able to inform commander that he in fact doesn't really want to follow ANY future team orders. In fact when joining a server, on should have the choice to choose two different existing parties on his side: Those who explicitely play together, or the others.(loners)

Server should also have a choice to accept only teamplayers.

More detailed server info should be (easily and intuitively)available in server browser.

More info about the gameplay etc. (Now this info appears mostly AFTER joining.)

Players playing warfare should be able to team up, within their team... As if they were squad members. Very important to share info regarding to enemy positions when attacking together.

Still more tutorials should be available of all functions build in the game. Now one often learns about certain functions while playing with friends, and when they want to tell you. EXPLAIN THE PUBLIC THE SETUP AND IDEAS BEHIND CONTROL SETUP, AND FUNCTIONS, AND HOW AND WHEN TO USE THEM.

Jan did a very good job, but he didn't cover everything. Also indepth keyboard setup and philosophy how it was set up may be very helpfull.

AI routines should be more like in first and original operation Flashpoint. It could be done then, why not now anymore?

AI is usually too smart.

TURBO for vehicles should be toggable!!! Also give vehicles 20 % more power when going uphill...

Airlifting in ARMA 2 is bit laughable, having to almost drop onto the vehicle to be able to pick it up.

AI SHOULD LSO BE ABLE TO BE GIVEN THE ORDER TO AIRLIFT (Of course also to drop safely at a given location.)

Units should be able to be transferred to other players. Also setting on/of on server level.

Paratroopers automatically are "FOLLOW ONE"... No use to throw paratroopers behind enemy lines if they start to run back towards you... They should by nature have their own teamleader and squad - preferably a unique color code.

Paratroopers are now unable to enter vehicles... Stubborn guys he?

"NEXT TARGET" in vehicles is only for main gun (SABOT). One should have a choice between: AUTO FIRE (NOW: FIRE), MANUAL FIRE (doesn't exist now) and "CEASE FIRE" for secondary gun.

Maps created by third parties should be able to be implemented without being a mod that has to be loaded separately, so that scenarios like warfare can also be played on those maps, without need for mod etc.

Features of "addon synch 2009" should be implemented in the game itself.

Benchmarks should next to average fps, also give min. and max.

LOCK and UNLOCK of vehicles should be possible from a distance. Sometimes you wanna give a buddy a ride with one of your vehicles, but when you're not around and it is locked... no lift...

Choppers warning for "bingo fuel" is most of the time way too late for them to return to base. ALL AIR should have shortcut to "refuel", which means RTB, which means "REFUEL, REPAIR and HEAL when necessary when at base FARP. Not let it go for refuel to refuel truck, and rearm to ammo truck, and heal to whatever...

Any AIRBASE should have this FARP utility automatically.

Engineers should be able to build FARPS on different locations on the map.

On map, left click should be select unit, right click menu to what to do...

Now Russians don't have engineers... not very balanced...

Handweapons should definitely be more balanced... Also factions like the Chinese or Japanese could help this, because they have better weaponry.

In vehicle menu, choppers who can lift, info should be provided there. Now you never seem to know. Also in "buy unist" menus one could use color code: AA, AT, ... to easily show capabilities of vehicles or inf. If one really has to read everything...

This info should stay there and be available, but there should be code or icons to help players to know what they buy.

Control menus, when using 2 or three controls, they are not all vivible anymore, since the menu windows are not scrolable... Very annoying if one has a red (double) command somewhere in the invisable zone.

Thank you for building this wonderful game; BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH MORE IN PERFECTING IT EVEN MORE...

OH GOD THE INAPPROPRIATE CAPITALISATION.

Same with GPS, once open it should remain open.

Ever tried pushing the GPS button twice really quickly? Give it a shot sometime.

Will get to the others when I go and wash the blood from my eyes.

It's just occurred to me that I have never, even once, fired up the GPS.

It's just occurred to me that I have never, even once, fired up the GPS.

I have once to see if it really excisted. Never used it after that. :p

I have once to see if it really excisted. Never used it after that. :p

Not even on CF? I call bullshit. :D

OH GOD THE INAPPROPRIATE CAPITALISATION.

Ever tried pushing the GPS button twice really quickly? Give it a shot sometime.

Will get to the others when I go and wash the blood from my eyes.

I know the difference between both. Thing is, when one like to use GPS (i do) and when one chooses it to remain open, after each action (change view, enter/leave vehicle...) it disappears again. So, you have to re-open it time after time after time again...

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

New series:

- Move orders: when you select a bunch of unite, who are a distance from each other, and order them to move to a certain point, they first gather together. Which means that the one who is already closest, sometimes returns away from the waypoint to gather.

therefore I think move should have two possibilities:

"Move direct" - no gathering

"Move as team" - gathering and moving as a team to waypoint

Move for vehicles:

"Move road following" - vehicles routing - they try to follow roads when possible

"Move freely" - vehicle go straight - through fields.

Easy waypoint routing in map - F.i. CTRL+mouse click

-Patrol order - units can be given patrol zone / patrol waypoints

- defend order - defend zone or town, not just one small spot

I would like to see an icon with the stance I have. (prone/crouch/stand). Not always clear.

I also would like to have an icon of the active weapon in a tank (Sabot/MG/rockets)

I would like to see vehicle icons on right side (or possibility to put them there in a personalised adjustable HUD option, in which one can put icons to liking), AND / OR have the ability to let vehicles move (or any order) by clicking ANY of the crew members.

Would be alot easier.

Members of the same vehicle could also automatically be given the same icon color, to recognize them. Now, after some time playing, one can end up with 2, 7 and 11 in one vehicle, which makes it more difficult to know, and in regard to give orders.

- vehicle lock/unlock if crew gets "disembark" order, and vehicle is locked, player should get directly possibility to "confirm disemabark", "unlock whole vehicle" or "reverse order" in case he wants to reverse order. Also there should be a possibility to always override lock/unlock order of vehicle when given order to enter or disembark.

The idea behind lock or unlock is not to prevent to leave vehicle when player wants crew to leave. It is to prevent them to leave on their own, right?

Different statusses of units should be more clearly explained. What exactly does "safe" and "aware" mean? What are there effects on units?

On map, ons should really be able to think and react as in RTS games. Which means clickable map, left clicking units, drag and drop, right mouse button orders.

More later... :-)

I know the difference between both. Thing is, when one like to use GPS (i do) and when one chooses it to remain open, after each action (change view, enter/leave vehicle...) it disappears again. So, you have to re-open it time after time after time again...

Since when?

Press Ctrl+Shift+M, or Ctrl+Alt+M, don't remember which.