Sign in to follow this  
MulleDK19

Bohemia Interactive's future ARMA 3!

What do you think?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Awesome, I really, really want this!
    • Would be cool, but I don't really care.
    • No, I don't like it that much.
    • You're an idiot.

Can somebody confirm this?

Operation Arrowhead is there without the armaoa.exe entry, so it seems kinda fishy.

It's just a profile. It doesn't mean anything. Like I said, it's probably just an exact copy of the ARMA 2 profile. That way, if BIS uses the same engine for ARMA 3, the profile will already work. Or at least semi-work.

Yes it's there as well as Carrier Command:Gaea

Still, it's strange that they would put an arbitrary placeholder for Arma series -I didnt see any Crysis 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 profiles.

Can somebody confirm this?

Operation Arrowhead is there without the armaoa.exe entry, so it seems kinda fishy.

Dunno why they don't list the .exe in nvidia control panel for OA like the other games (some profiles mention the .exe, some others don't seem to bother). But, if you look at the profile with the tool "Nvidia Inspector" it is associated with armaoa.exe.

I'd prefer EP2 nontheless. ArmA3 must have more engine changes. Right now it cannot be more than ArmA2+OA+DLC features.

What is this? Just look at non-chinese section.

arma3.png

What is this?

It's what peeps here have been discussing for the last page or so. For whatever reason, NVidia seems to think that there will be an Arma3. The question is: what is their assumption based on?

These are my idea's

General:

- First of all, in my opinion I think Arma should always stay a simulator. Bohemia Interactive have done an amazing job on accurately simulating war. Munitions being affected by gravity when fired, the loads of accurately portrated vehicles, simulated guns, war tactics, artificial intellegence etc. It would be a waste to throw all that work and knowledge away after all these years. Ofcourse I trust BI to keep doing what they're best at .

Gameplay:

- Animations

Soldiers walk run and handle they're guns very realistic. Unfortinately that isn't always carried over to everyting. Soldiers still just pop in and out of vehicles, I would like to see a full animation of them getting in and out of all the vehicles. In know this is a hard thing to accomplish but I believe it would greatly improve the experience.

Also when carrying a wounded teammate or healing them could get a lot of improvment. When you carry a teammate he just hovers over your head, and healing seems to be placing both hands on his stomach for a couple of seconds. Full healing animations for medics and more refined animated dragging/carrying movents.

Finally there are the AT and AA weapons, when you select them from the menu if you are carrying them, you just swing it from you back to in front of you in a moments notice. Know that it takes some time to assemble a Javiln Missle and that you do not load an AT4 before firing it. If you load a barrel mounted grenade launcher there is no munition visible, when you load an SMAW weapon system the character just pops his hand in front of the barrel and you have loaded a missle. This can be greatly improved.

- Integrated warfare

With that I mean I would like to see a more complete picture of units working together, sharing intellegence, and communicating from beginning to end. In Arma 2 we have the USMC LHD carrier. Although it is an editor object there isn't really much to it. I would like to see missions where you would start on the LHD as a fully functional maritime operational platform with an interior and a internal bay where (just like the real one) LCAC's and other amphibious vehicles are stationed. This way you could use the LHD in missions with a supporting role, as a starting/eding point for the mission. As a base where you can resupply/heal/repare/refuel.

- More realistic radio chatter.

Graphics:

- WarFX

I'm talking better particle effects. Smoke, dust and water particles look all the same but in diffrent colours. They can also seem misplaced from some angles. When you drop a bomb on the ground it places a hole in the earth on top of the ground, not an actual hole, so I would like to see more realistic destruction. As well with vegitation/fences and alike. They just fall over when they are destroyed but the don't actually splinter/crumble/desintigrate.

More realistic afterburners for jets, and also the effect that makes the air around hot engines and fires ribble.

Better destruction on vehicles, for instance. When a plane crashes into the ground it almost always completely desintigrates in a million pieces which is coupled with a lot of smoke and fire. It could also lose a wing in a dogfight or when it crashes into something.

This is pretty much all I can think of now, I'm sure that I will come up with more idea's.

I hope they DON'T make an ARMA 3 for a good four years or so. ARMA 2 has so much room for improvement without a whole new game. I'd rather have BI focus on improving ARMA 2 (especially the AI) then making ARMA 3.

OMG!! I only read your post just now, HOLY SHIT!!! That is the future man! I hope those guys from Outerra continue with this project. This could become the new standard for MILSIM. It very impressive.

It appears that after the breakup of Czechoslovakia, a game technology race has developed between the Czechs (BI) and Slovaks (Outerra).

:D :D :D :D

Edited by RangerPL

wow that outerra vid looked great!

Wonder what system i'll have when ArmA3 is out.

i9 5Ghz ?

32 GB ram?

win8 64bit?

1 TB SSD ?

Nvidia GTX850 4 GB Ram 'Hot&Sexy edition' ?

37-intredasting.jpg

Discussion Thread

Response (Josh) 04/28/2011 12:28 PM

Hello XXX,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care, We work closely with game developers to provide driver profile and support prior to the games release date, though we never comment on details of the game or any projected release date as that is not our information to release and is entirely dependant on the publisher and developer to release that information when they see fit.

Josh

NVCC

Like I said, they aren't going to fill up the driver with hundreds of profiles for games that they "think" might be released, what kind of logic is that? Obviously they are submitted by the Developer.

Which means Arma3 is on the horizon.

But still, no one else has any idea what Arma2Free.exe might be about?

@Nvidia response -thats a good sign as if it was an outright error I think they would acknowledge that.

But still, no one else has any idea what Arma2Free.exe might be about?

maybe some sort of BETA?

but thats really just wild speculating

Edited by PurePassion

My assumption is that A2Free will be a full game demo of Combined Ops and the DLCs with slightly lower quality models and textures and a select assortment of missions.

My assumption is that A2Free will be a full game demo of Combined Ops and the DLCs with slightly lower quality models and textures and a select assortment of missions.

And what would be the point of that?

And what would be the point of that?

LOL, would be strange to offer a compromised texture version only to add an Nvidia profile to better enhance them :p

now now, be nice :) .

Interesting ideas, that's what I was after.

I think it may be like JcoveLite2

I remember from back in my FEAR days when they released "FEAR Combat", which was basically a free version of the game that contained only the multiplayer component. There was a huge boost in player numbers after the release (mainly noobs, easy to pwn on pub servers :p).

Perhaps BIS is planning something similar to increase the MP player numbers.

I remember from back in my FEAR days when they released "FEAR Combat", which was basically a free version of the game that contained only the multiplayer component. There was a huge boost in player numbers after the release (mainly noobs, easy to pwn on pub servers :p).

I remember having played that, for one day or so .. until it became very obvious that everybody but me was playing on lowest details so they could rightaway pwn anyone whos (supossedly) hiding in shadows or grass :rolleyes: .. *bing* uninstalled.

Ontopic: Not seeing how more public players could breath life into a situation where every newcomer get´s the advice to join a closed group because public play is total rubbish :confused: