Sign in to follow this  
MulleDK19

Bohemia Interactive's future ARMA 3!

What do you think?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Awesome, I really, really want this!
    • Would be cool, but I don't really care.
    • No, I don't like it that much.
    • You're an idiot.

Into mess? The thread is about improving ARMA 2. Making it a mess would be to add CoD sounds and cinematics and gameplay... Which this thread does not intend to do.

yes and no.

nearly half of suggestions was conflict with Arma2 build ideology.

rest - was reasonable.

like better animation[use Motion Capure anyone, BIS ?], and more of them, instead of relying on "action menu" and silent response, itself.

and i can warmly welcome porting things from VBS2, like Visitor 4 , landbuilder2 and etc, but thats unlikely happen, sadly. even in LE editions, usuall fro BIS devtools publishing.

"in general" using 3rd-party stuff[garbage or not. which is true for 80% of things dominated market. due to marketing over engineering domination]will turn game into mess, slowing development advance to crawl, making troubles with mobility, cause side-effects with IP[from both sides] and make no sense "in general"[instead of investing in "in-house"-designed, task-targeted counterparts, which fits same niche].

others have others drawbacks.

ragdoll and etc will interfere with desired ESRM rating, for example.

p.s.

notice number of voters, picks last answer.

Edited by BasileyOne

yes and no.

nearly half of suggestions was conflict with Arma2 build ideology.

Eh? Nothing would conflict with anything.

like better animation[use Motion Capure anyone, BIS ?]

What the? BIS has their own Motion Capture studio. All animations in all ARMA games are 100% motion capture... Except death animations.

topcistarter clearly not understand why/how/what for Arma2 become Arma2 and nothing else. and long way its make toward it from OFP ages. BIS had strategy and [well-paid, i suppose]managers to plot/implement it&sw engineers/developers. and any frustrating/alienting sudden movements to spoil anything/anywhere BIS working toward/on - isn't good idea.

there was nmbr of animations in Arma2 which is defnitely not MC-based, aside death animation.

yes, they auxilary by nature, too, but still look weird enough to take care of them :[ maybe in next big add-on ? call it "Reinforcing Reinforcement by Combined Arrow" :P

Edited by BasileyOne

The one improvement I would make is to make the existing vehicles more realistic ex: The uh-60m, it has the wrong rotors, it should have m240h machine guns, should have the color of a olive drab, and lastly the landing gear should "flex" when landing. Also, I would love if they made the setting the southern part of Afghanistan (pretty much like Takistan) and they actually had the Taliban. So in conclusion, I believe that its the little details that make the big difference.

I would hope to see improvements to terrain resolution to provide;

1. More micro-terrain features (smaller cell-size closeby).

2. Longer draw distances (I guess larger cell-sizes at distance).

What the? BIS has their own Motion Capture studio. All animations in all ARMA games are 100% motion capture... Except death animations.

And that the hand motions that blow your limbs up to five times their normal size, of course. Arma 2 has its fair share of absolute abortions in the animation department, even if the essentials are solid.

And that the hand motions that blow your limbs up to five times their normal size, of course. Arma 2 has its fair share of absolute abortions in the animation department, even if the essentials are solid.

This isnt a problem of the motion capture, but rather the... limited... format of the RTM animations - the matrix transformations do bad things to the mesh quite often if care isnt taken when processing the animation.

That's why all motion capture animations need to be post-processed by a professional animator who will take care of such problems...

Oh another thing I would change is also that especially with the uh-60 when it hovers the tail should be back further

lastly the landing gear should "flex" when landing.

That's actually a bug. Spawn an Mh-60 (The navy one) from ArmA:2 and the gear flexes, and the horizontal stabilizer moves too. ;)

I think to allow the arma player count to grow and make it easier for the end users like us, it would be really but really generous of them to host all the mods and make some sort of in game function to get the server mods and load them directly within the game then having to figure out versions and having to close the game,download, restart, etc... 40 min later... still doesnt work.... close... bla bla bla. Or even an in game browser that can install mods and load them without restarting. Making it easier for new people to join and making it easier to play on servers that use mods is a major step in the right direction. Wether its a patch in arma 2 or in a possible arma 3, it would reduce some of the mess and make it easier for new and old to get right into the action. Not everyone out there (ie. most people i know) is very good at computer skills, but are very good players. It took me forever to join, and even now i have problems with versions and etc.... If i would have no patience, I wouldnt be playing now, and wouldnt have gotten to know the real arma.

So... in conclusion, arma 3... make me some friends, lol.

I noticed a couple of new entries relating to BIS products in the most recent Nvidia Driver, such as Take on Helicopters.

There are also some other additions: Arma3.exe, Arma3Demo.exe

2yyqy2r.jpg

I guess now we can be sure Arma3 is in the works.

What is Arma2Free.exe though, I wonder? Perhaps like Jcove Light?

What kind of game is Armed Assault II? :confused:

I noticed a couple of new entries relating to BIS products in the most recent Nvidia Driver, such as Take on Helicopters.

There are also some other additions: Arma3.exe, Arma3Demo.exe

http://i52.tinypic.com/2yyqy2r.jpg

I guess now we can be sure Arma3 is in the works.

What is Arma2Free.exe though, I wonder? Perhaps like Jcove Light?

I think those are just made in case a new game is made.

Also, doesn't tell much, as there's no game called neither Armed Assault 1, 2 nor 3.

Edited by Zipper5
Don't quote hotlinked images

I think those are just made in case a new game is made.

I doubt it, they don't generally just include profiles for games "for the laugh". My guess is arma3.exe, Arma3demo.exe and Arma2free.exe where all submitted(or made aware of, or however that works) to Nvidia at the same time they submitted Take On Helicopters.

Also, doesn't tell much, as there's no game called neither Armed Assault 1, 2 nor 3.
What kind of game is Armed Assault II? :confused:

heh heh pedantic much?

It doesn't say "Armed Assault 1" there, it says "Armed Assault"= which is the original Armed Assault (Arma.exe)..surprise (and the correct name)

Also, it says "Armed Assault II", which is Arma2 (Arma2.exe is written beside it after all)

And also there is no Armed Assault 3, which is Arma3 ( if BIS even decide to call it this) as it hasn't been released yet. The .exe will be called Arma3.exe though.

But....do have a cookie for pointing out (in a very odd way I might add) that you do indeed know that the correct title for the sequel to "Armed Assault" is Arma2 and not "Armed Assault 2".

you could be pleased of this discovery, but I guess being negative is more fun "on teh internets"

Edited by -=seany=-

Legally there is no such thing as Armed Assault 2, only Arma 2 (notice the second A is not capital), see dev blog somewhere.

Legally there is no such thing as Armed Assault 2, only Arma 2 (notice the second A is not capital), see dev blog somewhere.

FPDR can we move on from the fact that Nvidia got the names of the game wrong....sheesh

cant see the silver lining for the could :)

I doubt it, they don't generally just include profiles for games "for the laugh". My guess is arma3.exe, Arma3demo.exe and Arma2free.exe where all submitted(or made aware of, or however that works) to Nvidia at the same time they submitted Take On Helicopters.

heh heh pedantic much?

It doesn't say "Armed Assault 1" there, it says "Armed Assault"= which is the original Armed Assault (Arma.exe)..surprise (and the correct name)

Also, it says "Armed Assault II", which is Arma2 (Arma2.exe is written beside it after all)

And also there is no Armed Assault 3, which is Arma3 ( if BIS even decide to call it this) as it hasn't been released yet. The .exe will be called Arma3.exe though.

But....do have a cookie for pointing out (in a very odd way I might add) that you do indeed know that the correct title for the sequel to "Armed Assault" is Arma2 and not "Armed Assault 2".

you could be pleased of this discovery, but I guess being negative is more fun "on teh internets"

There is no game called Armed Assault.

It's Arma with the subtitle Armed Assault. Combat Operations in the US.

Then there's Arma 2, which has no subtitle.

Arma 3 is too soon, I would give it another 3 years. To let the hardware advance more and so that BIS can do alot of work on their engine.

arma 3 if it does come out sooner, would have to show me some significant ai improvements overall polish for me to buy, i dont want another arma 2 1.2 *shudders*

There is no game called Armed Assault.

It's Arma with the subtitle Armed Assault. Combat Operations in the US.

Then there's Arma 2, which has no subtitle.

I t D o e s n t M a t t e r :rolleyes:

Arma 3 is too soon, I would give it another 3 years. To let the hardware advance more and so that BIS can do alot of work on their engine.

arma 3 if it does come out sooner, would have to show me some significant ai improvements overall polish for me to buy, i dont want another arma 2 1.2 *shudders*

Who knows what or how long they have been working on anything. I agree its probably a bit soon for a release. But this nvidia profile thing only shows its in the works, it could be another year before release.

I was surprised with how good Operation Arrowhead was when it came out, so soon after Arma2. I think Takinstan would have been good enough for Arma3, there was a lot of content/quality increase.

------------------------

What about this Arma2Free.exe thing? Any speculation as to what that might be? Perhaps like BF2 free to play online type thing, or Company of Heroes Online?

I'd like to point out that everybody who reads "Armed Assault" knows what is being talked about, and that everybody who reads "Armed Assault 2" knows what is being talked about.

I just thought I'd point it out.

:)

There's no such thing as Armed Assault 2, BIS said it's called Arm-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Seriously though, cool find seany!

Can somebody confirm this?

Operation Arrowhead is there without the armaoa.exe entry, so it seems kinda fishy.