Sign in to follow this  
MulleDK19

Bohemia Interactive's future ARMA 3!

What do you think?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Awesome, I really, really want this!
    • Would be cool, but I don't really care.
    • No, I don't like it that much.
    • You're an idiot.

^... with the SLXmod, you get soldiers flying with explosions and even when you run into them with a car.

@MulleDK19: Lol, I've got to admit, those mock-up videos would be a blast if real. I don't think I'd ever play a mission again -just doubt it will ever happen :(

a little too early for threads like this. wait until arrowhead's done. no one's going to remember this thread and you just wasted your time writing it.

a little too early for threads like this. wait until arrowhead's done. no one's going to remember this thread and you just wasted your time writing it.

Who are you?... for me this is one of the best threads ive seen here!

@MulleDK19 - bro those videos were friggn awesome :) good work!!

I'd rather have Lua than any C++ like scripting language. Lua is fast, flexible, easy to learn, and very forgiving. No need to define variable types. You can put anything in them. Even functions.

Lua is case-sensitive: and is a reserved word, but And and AND are two other different identifiers.

Extracted from: http://www.lua.org/pil/1.3.html (official site)

That doesnt seems very convenient, does it?

On the other hand, ragdoll physics and such are sweet, but they would probably turn the MP exprience into a lagfest.

Edited by AndresCL

Personally one of my favorite things about BIS is that they try to make as many of their tools that they use to make their games in house. It is quite a feat when you think about it, but of course there is always room for improvement. I think the idea of implementing the ability to call to c++ through the .sqf files is a great idea, because it opens up endless possibilities.

Extracted from: http://www.lua.org/pil/1.3.html (official site)

That doesnt seems very convenient, does it?

Of course Lua is case-sensitive. Any language that is not case sensitive should be trashed.

On the other hand, ragdoll physics and such are sweet, but they would probably turn the MP exprience into a lagfest.

That's why passive physics were invented. When something is not moving, it stops being processed.

Edited by MulleDK19

I suggest that BIS write a complitely new engine for A3 , cause current engine which has been used in OFP,Arma,Arma 2 is way to old (10 years) and have reached it`s limitations. Have never seen a single game developer who`s been using the same engine for 10 years.I think this could be a good start to make Arma 3 a top noch game.

Edited by Oleg-Russia

Have never seen a single game developer who`s been using the same engine for 10 years.

Infinity Ward/Treyarch: IW engine, now at version 4.0

id: id tech engine, now at version 5

microsoft: flight sim engine

gta series: renderWare

unreal engine, now at "version" 3

gamebryo

and the list goes on.

Please get informed before spouting such bullshit :)

well, a remake of OFP (OFP&OFP:R with ArmA II graphics & all ArmA II features) would be sweet :)

They need to make that giant leap forward to 64-bit only. If they aren't doing the next ArmA/VBS in 64-bit they might as well pack it in. They will be seen as just rehashing the same thing over and over.

64-bit is here. Almost all of upcoming Microsoft products are 64-bit only. In the next three years you will not be able to purchase a 32-bit product from Microsoft. That is their mandate. Windows7 is the last 32-bit home OS.

I wish they would stand-up and be that first company out there to embrace and demand 64-bit only. So what that you will lose some customers up front, but in the long haul your 64-bit engine and game will be light years ahead of the competition like COD:MW2/Battlefield/Crysis/etc... Make it 64-bit / 6 GB of RAM minimum. Once the community sees what you could do with that combination they will flok to you.

Be bold BIS. Get off the 32-bit engine rehash.

Edited by Punisher5555

Oh I got a good idea, Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Higher. :p

Basically What OFP:DR should of been and of course made by Bohemia Interactive and Not published by Codemasters. :yay:

That would be awesome, so OFP CWC 3.0

I would pay 150 dollars for such game.

@Flash Thunder, with the new skira island in the making and OHPLA mod, you don't need a new release to get OFP Dragon Rising Higher going...hehehehe...

more options in the graphic in-game menu so lower end pc's could still play and next-gen 12-core pc's could process?

say a physic's option, animation option, more live effects options for weather patterns, in-game ballistics, etc. all could have disabled to extra high settings.

dont think Arma 3 will come out, its been said that BIS is getting burnt out, I would feel the same, these kind of games take alot of energy and time to develope.

You are probably right... but A2 seems to be doing quite well, its in the top 5 games of 2009 (if not in the top 3) so based on that it may inspire BI (and the extra cash flow) to continue with the ArmA series.

I hope BI do, I think gamers are getting sick of generic shooters... its been over a decade and its the same crap shooters with better graphics and more and more corporate spin to flog their crap.

ANYway give it a few years and see how BI feel about #3, in the mean time CC looks very interesting and its something fresh for BI to work on...

Either way Kudos to BI for sticking with and supporting a bunch of whining old men... we'll always be here for you BI :)

more options in the graphic in-game menu so lower end pc's could still play and next-gen 12-core pc's could process?

say a physic's option, animation option, more live effects options for weather patterns, in-game ballistics, etc. all could have disabled to extra high settings.

I agree, this game doesnt have as much video options as I would expect from a game like this for PC.

Shader detail

Foilage detail

Reflections on/off

Animation detail

particle effects detail

water detail

Post processing effects to be seperate options:

HDR intense/ normal

Film Grain

Bloom

Motion Blur

Object draw distance and view distance as seperate options although I do like what BIS did with 1.5 combining the two so I would say this is trivia.

I hope soon BIS can incorporate these options it will help bring the game to a wider PC audience (not the casuals but the guys with the lower end rigs).

For me I would like to see these improvements in the Real Virutality engine if BIS still plans on using this rather outdated engine for Arma 3.

+ More than 2 lightsources that can cast shadows.

+ Support for higher quality Light cones (whatever they call em) use lights that dont look like cones when they emitt, with that last gen look where you can see the layers of lighting.

+ More improvements to the simulate physics, like the death animations, instead of having Havok and such.

+ Realistic facial animations and lip-sync its looks bad Arma 2 to me.

+ Parralex mapping for more than terrain textures,

+ 64BIT OS support, 2GB+ RAM support, and out of the box game caching, I could use all 8GB of my RAM to cache arma 2!!!!

+ Better sound compression Codec, the sound in Arma 2 sounds like it suffers from sub-par compression, its not preforming at its best. (I want your opinions)

+ Multiple frame animations for muzzle flashes and building destruction

+ Smarter AI, problems fixed from pervious Arma games, like AI driving across bridges, convoys, find cover, keeping formation, acting atonomously etc.

Everything else that could use improvement.

Mainly want gameplay and content for Arma 3, less eye candy improvements.

Main things graphicly that can be improved:

Textures, more parralex maps, higher res textures more detail and special maps (not an expert here)

Skydomes (more natural looking, better looking stars in nightvision, maybe be able to see the occasional shooting star, debris, more cloud formations etc

Facial animations, lipsync, Faces that look less like dough :p, more decals, particle effects, awesome smoke effects like arma 2, less flickering of textures at long distance, higher LODS at larger distances.

sorry this is turning into a rant now i'll stop. Picture how the game would look on future hardware, future builds of RV or whatever BIS uses to code the game, the Optimization and the raw performance, 20K + AI in Richiespeeds future youtube vids? :D :eek:

lol

I love that people still insist on calling Real Virtuality "outdated" :rotfl:

Yeah, make it CWC 2 and performance friendly you have my money without second thought.

lol

I love that people still insist on calling Real Virtuality "outdated" :rotfl:

We all have opinions man, it still seems you haven't learned this yet...

You dont agree that the RV engine is outdated in maybe some aspects???

Like no 64Bit support, only 2 light sources???

@GRS Not only that but Ill pay 150 dollars for such a treasure :)

We all have opinions man, it still seems you haven't learned this yet...

But sometimes opinions are stupid when you look at the facts.

64-bit is still hardly used these days and not needed for ArmA 2.

2 light sources? Looking at all the towns lit up at night I don't think that's right...

Edit: Oh you mean shadows.

The lack of a feature doesn't mean they can't do it. ArmA 2 is already very demanding. Many of your suggestions would mean more resources are needed to run it smoothly. Or the game world and scale of missions is drastically reduced.

But I'm sure we'll see all that stuff in future games.

Edited by Maddmatt

- Losing remaining ammo if reloading before a clip is empty.

[/i]

Why?

When I reload my rifle before the clip is empty I just put it in my tactical vest.

that's how it's done to ready yourself for an upcoming firefight, storm a building or do what we in the Bundeswehr call "Sturmabwehrschießen"

the remaining ammo in the clip still can be used, so why should it magically disappear?