I don't know if this issue is related to this island. I was messing around with the mission editor and atleast five times I saw my gunships crashing to the trees. I'm using ACE and the latest version of Arma 2 but I remember seeing some gunships crashing even during 1.04.

I'm seeing this also, but like you I'm not sure of the culprit. Either 1.05 or ACE2 I would think, as I'm pretty sure helos never spontaneously crashed on Podagorsk before.

I'm seeing this also, but like you I'm not sure of the culprit. Either 1.05 or ACE2 I would think, as I'm pretty sure helos never spontaneously crashed on Podagorsk before.

I get this too even with VFTCAS on.

All guns seem to be worthless after a certain distance on this island..maybe patch 1.05 related ???

I Can't hit the broad side of a barn on anything after a few hundred meters even with a sniper rifle ..the bullets are goin everywhere but where I aim

...seems to be just on this island .... anybody else having this issue ?

I love the island tho ...I hope I can figure out whats wrong :-(

Dogmeat. I get that too. its not like they just go flying into the trees. Its like on earlier versions of Arma2 where they crash by accident. But it happens an awful lot when choppers are in combat mode.

Easily the best island I've ever tried. I don't know if it is still being "worked" on or considered finished, but some desires of mine:

1) Little to no tall grass. I think there is too much of it on Chernarus though. But I would like to be forced into thinking about an avenue of approach instead of making all work. Like, some places there could be a mix of small grass some places, and tall grass other places. Like those avenues of cut down trees, except on the grass level.

2) On that heli port (?) on the south east part of the map, it would be nice of some of the inbase trees was removed. It has several hangars there, but due to mission constraints I'm forced to make heli pads in the base. That gets hard with all those trees.

3) The "river" have some problems when trying to operate boats in them. Firstly it can't handle the "big boats" as they cannot go under the bridges etc. Secondly, the water have some odd "bumps" in them, making my boat go sky high. AI can't navigate it, but that is of less importance.

4) The north seems a bit "under developed". Is this by choice, or will the area be updated in the future?

2) Tt's not a heliport, as far as I can figure, but a tank base. There is a separate base or two somewhere that I saw (there's so many scattered about...) that has a few heli pads available.

4) Apparently, that was intentional.

And amazing map! Seriously! This and Namalsk (once it's finished) are probably the two best maps out there. My only gripe - Is there a chance that you can use the same ground texture/what ever that is used by BIS on the big airfield for your airport? The current materials make the plane bounce around so much that it doesn't seem like you're taxing on pavement.

And can you get a proper ILS/Landing light set up? With the whole runway marked instead of the two little strips there now. And using the PAPIs correctly, and all the lights...But I'm just nitpicking because nobody I've seen so far (besides BIS, kinda) has set up their runways correctly yet, and it'd be a huge advantage to show that you have it right.

I have some awesome maps on this island, im just itching to release them but im running them with a script set not yet released so i cant just yet but people will be amazed and this is my FAVORITE island ever! wooow

Edited by Rellikki
Removed reply to spam

Kudos to FDF for making "Chernarus2", but I'm checking out Podaga A1 shots right now and it looks so much better ;) screw this autumn =)

Kudos to FDF for making "Chernarus2", but I'm checking out Podaga A1 shots right now and it looks so much better ;) screw this autumn =)

I guess it is because of the same vegetation being used as in A2...but i somewhat agree that i would love some other colors as well (general personal wish, not directly related to FDF great map)

mlods: cough :)

Edited by PuFu

Merry Christmas and thank you for the island.

I don't want to be a prick but when looking at this screen the trees look way too much like autumn while cropping that wheat should have to been done in late summer.

Would be great if you adapt the flora to be more coherent, especially towards summer for a nice difference to Chernarus.

Then again, if theres a war going on, maybe the farmers would have abandoned their crops ;)

I've always kinda associated that "Autumn Scandinavian" look with FDF, long before Chernarus it was a sorta FDF trademark - so even though after Cherno I'm kindof tired of the autumn colours myself - I think it suits this island well, as would Winter clothes maybe...

B

Maldevic looked like it was always in autumn, if I recall correctly. I love the autumn look, especially on Podagorsk. Frankly, I hated ArmA's shiny, glass-like vegetation. :butbut:

Edit: Yes, Maldevic was always in autumn.

Edited by Zipper5

I also found the autumn scene enjoyable. As well as that autumn vegetation pack. :).

We have no "Autumn" as such in 98% of Australia, so its a novel atmosphere :)

.... and just a plan awesome terrian.

Seeing as this map is the dogs bollocks, and there has been plenty of requests, feedback and issues posted, are any FDF members looking here and are they looking to incorporate an update for future release?

The only issue I have is that some of the modules don't function (ALICE for example) but aside from that, this is the best map I've seen and used for ArmA2. An astonishing achievement.

The only issue I have is that some of the modules don't function (ALICE for example) but aside from that, this is the best map I've seen and used for ArmA2. An astonishing achievement.

Indeed that will be the main thing for me too, to populate this map in villages would be the final polish, also the town traffic module addon.

I was messing about on this island this evening and discovered that AI can run through the fences but I can't, I have jump over them. Is this something to do with ACE, whcih I was running at the time, or a bug with the island itself??

I was messing about on this island this evening and discovered that AI can run through the fences but I can't, I have jump over them. Is this something to do with ACE, whcih I was running at the time, or a bug with the island itself??

Ai can be lazy at times I think its a workaround in the original game rather than having to code jump functions for AI but I may be wrong.