This is the best island I have ever play on despite it's big performance impact. Incredible scenery. And what a fun to play there! Also I really appreciate how realistic it looks. Applause guys!

Im surprised about performance, mind you I have terrain and object detail to normal .. rest on high at about 3000 view distance, its faultless in helis and on the ground its loverly.

Id say this is Chernarus's sister map, both in just as good quality, great layout & detail, a little better performance for me. Should have been with the out of box release :)

Wow, this map is amazing. It has a certain "feel" that makes it seem really believable, unlike Chernarus, that felt more like a collection of villages in a forest than a lived-in country. I also like the uninhabited north. Great work!

this map is fantastic, spent about an hour this evening flying around with a AH-64D just enjoying the landscape! realy outstanding, now id better go learn those tools :rolleyes:

Hey I seem to be having a problem with this island and SOM Artillery. When I request Artillery Support from the SOM, it spawn the "Firebase" randomly out in the water. Each time I call it, it appears in a different location...still in the water. Unfortunately this renders most of the island out of range for the battery. Normally the Firebase is spawned on land, but it always seems to be in the water here. It spawns on land on BIS islands and other custom ones I've tried. I've only encountered this bug here. I hope you can find the cause for this, as I really would like to use artillery in a mission I am making for this map. If needed I can provide a demo mission and repro steps.

Thanks!

sorry, I was being dumb. Fixed it :p

Edited by AnimalMother92

Hi there

your Island is amazing. Kudos to the whole FDF team you guys are always doing outstanding things.

Thank you for this gift. A Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

kind regards

nettrucker:xmas_o:

Hate to repeat this but you folks at FDF are awesome. I ported my "underdevelopment" mission over from Chernarus and not only picked up 5-10 FPS but really added alot. Love the Airport at Night, really nice!

Merry Christmas and well done FDF!

This island is simply amazing, spending alot of time on it from today and i'm hooked on it

Civilian population and civilian car modules are not working.

Yeah I experienced the same on Namalsk. I'm not sure if these modules are working on user made Islands.

cheers

nettrucker:)

Merry Christmas and thank you for the island.

I don't want to be a prick but when looking at this screen the trees look way too much like autumn while cropping that wheat should have to been done in late summer.

Would be great if you adapt the flora to be more coherent, especially towards summer for a nice difference to Chernarus.

HI, ! this island is really outstanding.

I notice some problem and I tell you if you can do some to fix.

In the northen swamp ( that I really like ) some where near the railway there are a spot where player stuck in the terrain and move up and down and can do nothing to move away. Like a sort of Hole in the terrain.

The river is really nice to see and play, but there are some jump like near the east dam. Not really big issue, just a little fun I jumped 10 or more meter high.

The ai walk in the water and loose the weapon. As seen in Dolores... I think that this is a BIS problem, I will ask in the script subforum if there is a way to "mark" the river and limit the AI to crossing it. Also I will request a better implementation of water/bridge from BIS! They solved the bridge problem in ArmA2 just removing bridge? is this fun?

Thank you mate really nice scenary, I'm making some mission there with GL4 and other stuff.

greetings

Rubber

Goeth I have yet to try Podagorsk. That said your creation are always very lovely with

excellent design that boost the atmosphere so much. :)

You might want to check this config. It is rebased on Chernarus, therefore a lot of

values could be dropped and the config is way smaller.

Also cfgSurfaces uses inheritance now.

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/373

I have two technical questions please:

1) Is there a special reason you have use the ca namespace.

2) What does 'enableTerrainSynth = 0;' for OutsideTerrain do? I thought it disables it.

Thank you!

Civilian population and civilian car modules are not working.

I can confirm this also ... damn shame I realy want to populate this nice and easy :)

I can confirm this also ... damn shame I realy want to populate this nice and easy :)

Ah what a shame. I wonder if it can be done by manually placing markers for the population areas. I'm not sure how to do this exactly though. :(

Either way it's a shame. I've been working on a mission using the ALICE, SILVIE and JTD ACTON but I haven't tested it yet to see if it worked.

The major deciding factor with the ALICE module and user islands seems to be the existence of suitable buildings for the AI to spawn from...

I'm not 100% sure about the underlying code or how it works precisely, but certain buildings (including AI ones) work, others dont - the ones that seem to work are all closed buildings - mostly smaller houses, etc...

Assuming some of these houses are present, then getting basic ALICE functionality is just a matter of naming some zones in the islands config.

Once ALICE is working JTD civ Traffic works fine too... SILVIE should work without any special config entries - at least it has for me on several homemade user island tests.

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I was wondering if anyone has been successful in pulling a EMF Vector topographical map from this island and would be willing to share it with me. I have used the command as prescribed below but I'm get the following error (Export of map failed - 0x6).

-----------------------------------------

TOPOGRAPHY

Generates a map in EMF vector format. The file is always created at the root directory of the C: drive. The output file is generated when the map is next viewed in game. German Users: Enter TOPOGRAPHZ instead.

------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what is causing it, I have vista and run serveral addons. If anyone is able to produce such a map to plan on and it willing to share it. Please send me a copy to "z3us0lympus@comcast.net", I would appreciate it very much. Thanks!

The major deciding factor with the ALICE module and user islands seems to be the existence of suitable buildings for the AI to spawn from...

I'm not 100% sure about the underlying code or how it works precisely, but certain buildings (including AI ones) work, others dont - the ones that seem to work are all closed buildings - mostly smaller houses, etc...

B

Well the island has a lot of closed houses just like Chernarus,I remember that the author of Kellu Island managed to add suport for Alice and Silvie.

This is the only thing it's missing in my opinion.Until then I started populating the island myself with civvies.

If suitable houses are already present then ALICE support is only a config tweak away... could even be done with a patch.....

I'm sure Goeth will sort it out - he's probably planning something even cleverer :)

B

I don't know if this issue is related to this island. I was messing around with the mission editor and atleast five times I saw my gunships crashing to the trees. I'm using ACE and the latest version of Arma 2 but I remember seeing some gunships crashing even during 1.04.