Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

Well, the first review I've seen for it is up on IGN.

Just as I thought it would be. Going to wait and see if more reviews agree with the same sentence.

Another hastily thrown together attempt to rip off gamers using a once great franchise name.

$60.00 for this type of schlock is just not acceptable.

Meh, it seems others also share the same opinion.

I'm glad I canceled my pre-order after the terrible first beta. Let's hope it doesn't sell well enough to give them incentive to continue with such crap...

Meh, it seems others also share the same opinion.

I'm glad I canceled my pre-order after the terrible first beta. Let's hope it doesn't sell well enough to give them incentive to continue with such crap...

Yah - no doubt the new CoD will be more of the same.

They were on the right track with MW1, it had a good SP campaign with an involving story.

MW2 went right off the deep end with a weak campaign and a ridiculous story.

They were on the right track with MW1, it had a good SP campaign with an involving story.

MW2 went right off the deep end with a weak campaign and a ridiculous story.

To be honest i dont play CoD for the story but for the entertaining SP experience, and thats solid in all of them. (Although very short in the last few, not worth the full price)

Cliff jumps on a snowmobile? Hell yes! :p

Yeah, I found MW2's story enjoyable, just not as good (nor as smart, obviously...) as COD4's. I hate the MP in both now, so sick of the grenade spamming, hacking, and everyone using only the AK47, but I digress.

Looks like neither aspect of MOH is enjoyable...

To be honest i dont play CoD for the story but for the entertaining SP experience, and thats solid in all of them. (Although very short in the last few, not worth the full price)

Cliff jumps on a snowmobile? Hell yes! :p

I don't really play them for the story either but the story in MW1 was pretty good which was an added bonus.

It's an improtant part of the 'immersion factor' and I didn't enjoy the second one nearly as much because I just could not suspend disbelief.

Anyway, as Zipper observed, it doesn't look like MoH has either a good story or decent gameplay :(

My friend got the game yesterday from work - He started playing at 8, finished at eleven thirty - He swung by my place at two o'clock, I started playing at three... And I am already finished with the game. The one redeeming quality of both MW1 and MW2 were the quick, but at least somewhat enjoyable campaigns. MOH, though starting out somewhat promising, turns out to be a complete disappointment in this regard. It feels rushed, unpolished, derivative and generally somewhat bland.

I applaud the developers for sticking to a realistic, somewhat believable story, but there is no dramaturgy in this game at all. No background information for the part of the operation that you are undertaking, it just rushes from one segment to the next.

A rushed game, and that is really too bad - These developers had all the potential to outperform the two most recent CoD games, and at the beginning of the campaign I really thought they had done it... But alas, these are four hours of my time I will never get back.

My friend got the game yesterday from work - He started playing at 8, finished at eleven thirty - He swung by my place at two o'clock, I started playing at three... And I am already finished with the game. The one redeeming quality of both MW1 and MW2 were the quick, but at least somewhat enjoyable campaigns. MOH, though starting out somewhat promising, turns out to be a complete disappointment in this regard. It feels rushed, unpolished, derivative and generally somewhat bland.

I applaud the developers for sticking to a realistic, somewhat believable story, but there is no dramaturgy in this game at all. No background information for the part of the operation that you are undertaking, it just rushes from one segment to the next.

A rushed game, and that is really too bad - These developers had all the potential to outperform the two most recent CoD games, and at the beginning of the campaign I really thought they had done it... But alas, these are four hours of my time I will never get back.

/fake surprised mode on

I'm really, really surprised by this news.

/fake surprised mode off

Edited by BangTail

Apparently the campaign starts off based on the events of Operation Anaconda, and stays somewhat true to that for a while, but then goes completely off track.

The PCG review isn't all that complementing either.

Just sounds like another average game, although, I guess it had the potential to be something different...

Been playing this, the SP and MP use different graphics engines. SP uses the Unreal3 engine and looks terrible and dated. Textures look crap and Borderlands'ish. AI are very poor.

Only the MP uses Frostbite, this is what was showcased in both beta's that were released and looked great. I played the demo's and decided I've no interest in MP.

Been playing this, the SP and MP use different graphics engines. SP uses the Unreal3 engine and looks terrible and dated.

I'm not sure what the logic behind this decision was.

Basically it sounds a lot like "screw the SP game and only include it to say we did, the real suckers are more likely to shell out $60.00 for the MP".

People like Kotick (although not responsible for this travesty, are the type of 'suit' that routinely provide us with this garbage) and his ilk really need to be ejected from every facet of PC gaming.

Oh and I'll bet there'll be some DLC 'goodness' in the next few weeks. What would a $60.00 cash grab be without, well, another cash grab :(

Edited by BangTail

"cash grabs" are becoming the norm for games ... :(

If there are enough buyers the publisher/devteam probably won't change their thinking, marketing and selling.

Shares in EA apparently went down 6% in the wake of the crushingly average reviews the game has so far garnered.

However, don't think, 'great, they'll have to come up with original ideas and quality content in future' too quickly. The same analysts say that shares in EA went up 15% in the period leading up to the release, as hype was built up for the game (and most of this movement was apparently attributed to this game).

I guess the suits are looking for that perfect point at which the compromise between investment/risk and profitability. They may not be particularly upset by a bevy of 7/10 reviews, particularly if they managed to pick the right release window.

- Does it piss anyone else off royally that they can't do global releases for these games?

If I did have any interest in playing this game, it would really leave a bad taste in my mouth if I had chosen a download service, or lived in a country in which the game had not been released, and had to see other people - including the pirates - playing and spoilers posted online for five days or more.

In the age of fast internet connections, there's no excuse, and it would be a great way for publishers to fight piracy.

Does it piss anyone else off royally that they can't do global releases for these games?

It doesn't piss me off, but it does confuse me - A lot of the time the games are shipped internationally on the same date, but released on different dates. My friend who works in a games store here in Sweden that shall remain unnamed tells me about this all the time, at times they get stock of games a few days before their US release, but have to hold the sales for a week or so until the EU release. It really makes no sense at all.

Git the game today, pretty cool (for those that like mindless shooters once in a while, like me). A bit more gruesome than MW2 with all the dismemberment. The sounds are nice and atmospheric, good voice acting and in general a solid 8/10. -2 points go for similarities with MW2 mostly, including but not limited to the aircraft graveyard.

SP is not bad , but it tryes alot to be like COD MW2 and it fails + also SP is too short :(

MP is very very bad - bad "brother" of Bad Company 2 MP