Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

Wow, an actual discussion on the BIS forums!

Yes, console gamers may seem retarded but I think the same way about friends who I pile into a party with, it is because consoles are all they know. It is easy to get money from the masses, religion works the same way, you offer something and advertise it as if there is no alternative. PC gaming is atheism in this analogy.

What you said about skill though I can't agree with, position, movement, accuracy, reaction time, forward thinking, ect are parts of playing well. I find it fun to get things right and 'pwn' since it isn't a laborious task.

What is the non-n00b course of action for sitting in a crowded aluminum can being perforated?
Think about it. What special forces group or pilot would be so shit at planning that their helicopter gets turned into a cheese grater?

Remember Afghanistan is not an conventional war. Danger may come from anywhere.

Edited by sparks50

And that's all I care about, a good, enthralling, cut scene filled movie-game.

I thought games were meant to be played, not watched through like BFBC2?

If I wanted an action packed movie I'd watch Black Hawk Down or something, not low-poly, badly textured pinnoccios running around.

Remember Afghanistan is not an conventional war. Danger may come from anywhere.

Thats why you plan.

This is riding into lunacy country. You cannot plan with what you don't know.

If that was the case, there would be no IEDs, Mortars attacks, ambushes or attacks on helicopters.

I thought the live action trailer was pretty entertaining.

Edited by sparks50

Think about it. What special forces group or pilot would be so shit at planning that their helicopter gets turned into a cheese grater?

Really? Our helicopters get turned into cheese graters all the time, and the military says that they "crashed."

The Special Forces fly missions where the probability of cheese-graterness would be prohibitive for normal troops. They are expected to operate in fluid situations with limited intel and adapt, instead of only operating when solid gameplans can ensure the absence of danger (as if any such situation exists).

When the Special Forces first entered Afghanistan, they flew on a single Chinook over hundreds of miles of enemy territory the military was sure was full of SAMs, pushing the altitude ceiling of the chopper, trying to pick out the exact right Northern Alliance LZ withing view of Taliban positions. The second chopper there landed in the middle of a camp full of Taliban prisoners. Great planning.

Wow you're a real military genius dude. Edited by Big Mac

Aw, Clavicula, you missed such a great humorous opportunity there. You should have written it like

the marine delta ranger SEALz recon would never let themselfs got shot down

:p

Wow, an actual discussion on the BIS forums!

There are many more mature forum members here than there are... Retarded. ;)

Yes, console gamers may seem retarded but I think the same way about friends who I pile into a party with, it is because consoles are all they know. It is easy to get money from the masses, religion works the same way, you offer something and advertise it as if there is no alternative. PC gaming is atheism in this analogy.

I have played COD4, WaW and MW2 on the PS3. Not yet have I met a single person I would ever want to be in a party with. Playing them on the PC is exactly the same. The people playing these games are, for the most part, retarded. It takes a lot of effort to find normal people playing them...

What you said about skill though I can't agree with, position, movement, accuracy, reaction time, forward thinking, ect are parts of playing well. I find it fun to get things right and 'pwn' since it isn't a laborious task.

Accuracy doesn't matter when you have weapons like MW2's M16A4, FAMAS, ACR, Tavor 21 or M4A1. Everything else, yes, I'll agree they play a part, but much less when using the weapons in MW2 combined with the new Perks and attachments. It makes the game far too easy. I play COD4 and WaW because they don't have such exaggerated versions of these, and therefore are at least a slight challenge for me.

Oh, and the majority of players I get put up against suck on both consoles or PCs. You have to enter competitive groups to be put up against good players, and even then it's entirely random. Promod on COD4 isn't an option for me. I tried it once and it's full of egotistical tryhards.

Edited by Zipper5

Wow you're a real military genius dude.

Awesome contribution. Keep posting like that and you may need a bucket for all the dribble.

This is riding into lunacy country. You cannot plan with what you don't know.

If that was the case, there would be no IEDs, Mortars attacks, ambushes or attacks on helicopters.

I am not saying anything like that. I am saying that helicopter insertion isn't just about randomly landing a helicopter because you need a lift or floating it over a Hajji who is able to spray his PKM into the cargo compartment - like what seems to be happening in the video.

Awesome contribution. Keep posting like that and you may need a bucket for all the dribble.
Ha I'm not the one who thinks just because a chopper gets shot up that the SF guys and pilots are shitty planners. You can't plan for everything, if that were the case then no one would lose any choppers...

well for example i'm quite interested

into seeing how the UE3.x engine fares for the SinglePlayer part of game

as the Frostbyte engine based MP beta left me totally inert ...

i hope the story and gameplay in SP saves it for me

I am not saying anything like that. I am saying that helicopter insertion isn't just about randomly landing a helicopter because you need a lift or floating it over a Hajji who is able to spray his PKM into the cargo compartment - like what seems to be happening in the video.

I believe that the scene with the bullets flying through the Chinook is based off the Battle of Takur Ghar. The Rangers were part of a QRF and did not have much information about the situation when their helicopter was ambushed as they were about to land. This video shows the events leading up to it and the scene itself is shown at about 9:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaZxGIBSq3s

I believe that the scene with the bullets flying through the Chinook is based off the Battle of Takur Ghar. The Rangers were part of a QRF and did not have much information about the situation when their helicopter was ambushed as they were about to land. This video shows the events leading up to it and the scene itself is shown at about 9:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaZxGIBSq3s

"The Rangers were part of a QRF and did not have much information about the situation" -- My point remains valid, read what I have written. Have you referenced a special forces unit being tasked with an objective that could have been preplanned? No, that is a QRF.

UK Defence Minister calls for MoH ban

It's hard to believe any citizen of our country would wish to buy such a thoroughly un-British game. I would urge retailers to show their support for our armed forces and ban this tasteless product.

The government department responsible for media has distanced itself from his comments, you only play as the Taliban in MP, and there are no British soldiers. If anything him creating a bit of controversy will only increase sales - well done Liam, very intelligent. Lets hope he finds out about OA and the British Forces Pack, might make it more popular.

It's funny how these concerns only arise when the game nears release, despite knowing that they would be in the game since it started development.

Oh well, I don't care if it gets banned or not. COD4 was banned in the Middle East yet I have a legal disc copy of it. The beta royally sucked so unless the full game's any better I won't be getting it.

UK Defence Minister calls for MoH ban

The government department responsible for media has distanced itself from his comments, you only play as the Taliban in MP, and there are no British soldiers. If anything him creating a bit of controversy will only increase sales - well done Liam, very intelligent. Lets hope he finds out about OA and the British Forces Pack, might make it more popular.

He's on Electronic Arts pay. :cc:

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

It's funny how these concerns only arise when the game nears release, despite knowing that they would be in the game since it started development.

Oh well, I don't care if it gets banned or not. COD4 was banned in the Middle East yet I have a legal disc copy of it. The beta royally sucked so unless the full game's any better I won't be getting it.

It's all bullshit, they need more cannon fodder in Afghan; can't have a Vietnam V movement ever again.

The only thing that really intrests me about this MoH is its singleplayer, the multiplayer side looks pretty repetative and CoD like

Graphics look sweet in this but im not sold on the game play , have to wait for the reviews to come in.

So I played MoH MP Open Beta in last two day and here is my take on it:

+Snow map has a nice story like game mode

+Mountains/rocks look very nice

+Decent team-play

-Quite retarded movment

-No "tac" reloads

-Game looks like MW2 but plays really lame

-Horrible hit detection

-Weapons stopping power way to low, even in hardcore

-Weapons have no recoil

-Models are too similiar to other teams (even with white triangle above)

-No point of having different weapons for each team if they all sound the same

-Your gun is way to loud compared to someone who is 2m away

-Etc.

Over all, the game is complete arcade and therefore not worth buying.

The beta was a joke; I'm so glad the only thing I spent on it was a gig or so of HD space and about 2 hours of my time. All there was were snipers and bunny hoppers. If I get MoH it'll be for the SP value and I'll wait a few months for the price to go down.

The beta was a joke; I'm so glad the only thing I spent on it was a gig or so of HD space and about 2 hours of my time. All there was were snipers and bunny hoppers. If I get MoH it'll be for the SP value and I'll wait a few months for the price to go down.

Yes, the beta is and was a joke.

Its a sniper fest, full of hackers and bunnyhoppers. The SP looks like the only good part of it, and so long as EALA didn't cut that down to like an hours gameplay of rambo style missions, should be worth the very little i will pay for it.