Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

The reload animations look close to BC2's, but are much faster. In some cases unrealistically fast, same with switching between weapons.

I wonder how many people actually are playing BC/COD/MOH for the realism, probably quite a few :p

True, but the speed is over-exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness in some cases. D:

Imo the multiplayer (even though it is made also by Dice) is just like BF BC 2.5 wich is too bad, wish it would be something new. Oh well i'm more of a singleplayer gamer anyways

terrible, just looks like MW2 to me.

Not surprised. There are other people who share your opinion.

I myself will enjoy the beta. Unfortunately, it's been delayed for the xbox 360. :(

That's definitely a first. I hope PC and PS3 gamers are having fun.

Edited by sesdelta38

It is a hell of a lot of fun... When the server browser cooperates and actually puts you ingame. Guess consoles don't have to deal with that, though. :p

Just like CoD this MoH reboot attempt will be consigned to the yearly franchise rapings that we're seeing more and more of with successfull franchises. Look hey I'm all for making money if you're a business but saturating the market every year is just ultimately going to fail in the long run as more and more people become aware of the same rehashed shit that doesn't bring any WOW factor to their dung heaps they call games. They might as well just start calling them Call of Duty 2011 or Medal of Honour 2010.

So yeah, ahem, I'll pass.

Since Medal of Honor is not the first game in the series with the same name, this one is in fact referred to as Medal of Honor 2010. :p

I already canceled my preorder. It gets old very, very quickly.

This info may not all be correct

Game Modes

1. Clean Sweep

The all new Clean Sweep game mode.

Elimination style gameplay with no respawns and

improved spotting to disencorage camping.

2. Combat Mission

Play Combat Mission, a story driven mode that

follows coalition soldiers as they try to clear a

chain of objectives.

3. Hot Zone

The all new Hot Zone game mode. King of the Hill-style

gameplay where you have to eliminate all enemies in

the central map area to gain score.

4. Objective Raid

Play Objective Raid, a mode where coalition defend two

objectives against insurgent saboteurs.

5. Sector Control

Play Sector Control, a Domination type game mode where

players fight to secure and hold sectors, represented by flags,

for score.

6. Team Assault

Play Team Assault, a Team Death Match like game where the

sides fight to reach a score to win.

Multiplayer Maps

The maps had more than 1 description depending on the game type.

The SP Maps were listed with the MP maps so it's hard to tell them apart,

this list might be incorrect!

1. Garmzir Town

The river town of Garmzir in Helmand becomes

a flowing battlefield as coalition special forces and

local insurgents struggle for control.

2. Kabul City Ruins

A war torn part of Kabul City becomes a flowing

battlefield as coalition soldiers and insurgents

struggle for control.

3. Korengal Outpost

A small outpost becomes the scene of a fierce fight

between coalition forces and insurgent fighters

4. Kunar Base

An ad hoc coalition base in the Korengal valley

becomes the scene of a fluctuating struggle

between US soldiers and insurgent fighters.

5. Shah I Khot Mountain

A desolate mountain top in the Shah-i-Khot Valley area becomes

a battlefield as insurgent and coalition forces clash.

A few mud qalats becomes the centre piece of a fierce

struggle in the cold and snow.

6. Shah I Khot Pass

A desolate mountain top in the Shai Khot Valley area becomes

a battlefield as insurgent and coalition forces clash.

A few mud qalats becomes the centre piece of a fierce

struggle in the cold and snow.

7. Khyber Caves

A series of ancient caves becomes a deadly trap as

elements of the Joint Special Operations

Command insert for a Clean Sweep operation to weed

out high value targets.

8. Helmand Valley

A small hill in the Helmand valley becomes the scene

of a struggle between anti-coalition militia and

elements of JSOC.

9. Kandahar Marketplace

Three strategic areas in a small market square of Kandahar

becomes the center points of intense fighting between

coalition forces and insurgent fighters.

10. Diwagal Camp

A small coalition logistics base in the Korengal valley becomes

a death trap as insurgent fighters attempt to hit

key military personell.

Known Weapons

Rifleman

* AK-47

* AK-74 (Possibly NOT in the full game)

* PKM

* RPK

* M16A2

* M249 SAW

* M60

* M240

Special Ops

* AKS-74u

* M4 Carbine

* MP7

* MK18 (Possibly NOT in the full game)

* TOZ-194

* Remington 870MCS

Sniper

* SV98

* SVD

* M24

* M21

Pistols

* Tariq (Insurgent)

* M9 (Coalition)

Misc:

* IED

* C4

* Frag Grenade

* Smoke Grenade

* RPG-7 (AT)

* M136 (AT)

* GP-25 (Grenade Launcher)

* M203 (Grenade Launcher)

Was this posted? --

25275.jpg

:couch:

they're all FPS games, so whats the problem here!? Arma fans make you laugh haha

they're all FPS games, so whats the problem here!? Arma fans make you laugh haha

You are on the official forums for the ArmA series of games, raizjames. If you aren't a fan, what are you doing here?

And to any normal gamer that image comes as quite a shock. It's rather pathetic how the gaming genre, rather the FPS genre, has devolved to such a point that every game is simply a copy and paste affair, and then you have people like yourself who don't think there's anything wrong with it... Only a few come out that actually have enough to make you want one over the other.

Edited by Zipper5

You are on the official forums for the ArmA series of games, raizjames. If you aren't a fan, what are you doing here?

And to any normal gamer that image comes as quite a shock. It's rather pathetic how the gaming genre, rather the FPS genre, has devolved to such a point that every game is simply a copy and paste affair, and then you have people like yourself who don't think there's anything wrong with it... Only a few come out that actually have enough to make you want one over the other.

But doesn't he have right the to enjoy the game? Honestly, I don't see anything in Medal of Honor that makes it look like other shooters.

Edited by sesdelta38

player models aren't midgets, i'm getting it.

ps, i have not bought any cod games due to their crappy player models. looks like ea has given me a chance to buy this kind of game.

It makes me laugh when i read over some of the comments on these sorts of games. Medal of honor and call of duty, its the same fanboy crap. "its too scripted and and only has one way to play, its too much of an arcade blah blah blah!." Its like saying "oh i put on the new rambo film, its got too much over the top action and no matter how many times i restart the dvd it always has the same story and the same ending." Both moh and cod are basically interactive action films and are really fun to play. It seems the general thoughts on this forum is that only bis games are the best and you are a fool if you play anything else except arma. Sorry, but i love arma and i love cod, both are different games and i dont try to compare them or go all fanboy on the subject

It makes me laugh when i read over some of the comments on these sorts of games. Medal of honor and call of duty, its the same fanboy crap. "its too scripted and and only has one way to play, its too much of an arcade blah blah blah!." Its like saying "oh i put on the new rambo film, its got too much over the top action and no matter how many times i restart the dvd it always has the same story and the same ending." Both moh and cod are basically interactive action films and are really fun to play. It seems the general thoughts on this forum is that only bis games are the best and you are a fool if you play anything else except arma. Sorry, but i love arma and i love cod, both are different games and i dont try to compare them or go all fanboy on the subject

Well, once you think about it, not everyone likes the way Shooters are going.

Appears to be just another shooter, hoping to get on the money train affiliated with the "special-operations ® us" label. At some point, it gets tiresome. The beta looks MW2-esque, banal and casual.

Samey samey is nothing new to the video gaming industry, look back into the past of 2D platforming and side scrollers, tons of games came out to resemble mario, contra, metroid etc, if it sells people will mimic which is why we don't see sim based often, they don't sell to the masses.

For those wondering what that may be here are a few things:

blood screen spatter, weapon sounds, weapon positions (when sprinting the gun is held at the same height) environmental design (run down slummy most often in middle eastern environments) , reload times (it would be nice to see this go in shooters, reloading is something you should plan for and be a hinderance rather than a quick 1 2 3), action type, head movement like a camera instead of eyes and of course the CGI touch, for all the realistic appearence these games tout the way they look is far from it, perhaps it's the lighting, I'm not sure but everything looks artificial and clean.

So there clearly is mimcry, does that make the games bad? Depends on your point of view.

Truth be told OFP the Arma's have somewhat ruined these games for me, after spending time without battle, exploring, using more complicated and lively controls as well as more complex weapons systems and taking into account more things to make shooting harder and much more, they just feel empty on the inside.

Edited by NodUnit

Samey samey is nothing new to the video gaming industry, look back into the past of 2D platforming and side scrollers, tons of games came out to resemble mario, contra, metroid etc, if it sells people will mimic which is why we don't see sim based often, they don't sell to the masses.

For those wondering what that may be here are a few things:

blood screen spatter, weapon sounds, weapon positions (when sprinting the gun is held at the same height) environmental design (run down slummy most often in middle eastern environments) , reload times (it would be nice to see this go in shooters, reloading is something you should plan for and be a hinderance rather than a quick 1 2 3), action type, head movement like a camera instead of eyes and of course the CGI touch, for all the realistic appearence these games tout the way they look is far from it, perhaps it's the lighting, I'm not sure but everything looks artificial and clean.

So there clearly is mimcry, does that make the games bad? Depends on your point of view.

Truth be told OFP the Arma's have somewhat ruined these games for me, after spending time without battle, exploring, using more complicated and lively controls as well as more complex weapons systems and taking into account more things to make shooting harder and much more, they just feel empty on the inside.

So very true.

Not sure if this got posted:

An interesting kind of promo really, was suprised by the kind of tone it sets, makes it seem quite different to the MP side of things IMHO

TmQ-R71eqUk

Edited by STALKERGB

After all the controversy that led to the cancelation of 6 days in Fallujah im surprised this game is slipping away, afterall people are dying in Afghanistan all the time.

COD in Afghanistan, obvious profiteering?

It looks like it might have an interesting SP campaign, but it looks a bit too over-the-top for my tastes, and might not warrant it's price tag since I know I already don't like the MP. Also, in interviews they've spoken about being more realistic than Battlefield, but that's obviously gone out the window.

But there's one cool reveal about that trailer at the very end:

Invitation for the Battlefield 3 beta included with the Limited Edition. :eek:

Hm... What to do about this...

"Developed in collaboration with U.S. Special Operations, Medal of Honor brings an authenticity and realism unmatched by any other game on the market."

Do I need to say anything else?

Modern game developers are absolutely pathetic.

Do I need to say anything else?

Modern game developers are absolutely pathetic.

I think that's what they meant by realism. As in the storyline, the fact they worked with former special forces operators and missions based on the experiences of said operators.

I think that's what they meant by realism. As in the storyline, the fact they worked with former special forces operators and missions based on the experiences of said operators.

Or they read a couple of OMGDELTA! books.

*edit*

I personally find it difficult to believe that someone is going to break their code of secrecy and risk being PNG'd for a video game. But hey, what do I know?

Edited by Clavicula_nox4817

Well simple minds dont want to be bothered with "realism" or "simulations". They want a easy black-and-white painted sfx story, some heroes (perhaps with special skills), huge amount of weapons, small maps (so they cant get lost), killpoint system with "omfg headshot!!" and "triple kill" signs...

Btw arent such game are called popcorn-games?