Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

fuck me dead that looks shit.....

As in, you like, or you hate? Honestly, out of all the games shown that I'm excited for, I'm excited for this the most!!!

Also, starting on the 21st, there will be a multiplayer beta for those who pre-order Medal of Honor. If you own BC 2, you get early access this Thursday. But, you still need to pre-order the game. Participating retailers will be giving beta codes for those pre-order.

Edited by sesdelta38

Not to my tastes that one. Looks like Counterstrike or something.

Feels a bit wrong to see MW2/BC2 being played in helmand and cabul..

Anyone else?

Now that you mention it..yeah, it does. I prefer the fictional countries and conflicts in ArmA and CoD.

Check out at the one minute mark how fast he switches from the rifle to the pistol, it's instantaneous. He's running around non stop like 20mph even when moving sideways and backwards, the player seems to glide just like every other game. The jets flying over remind me of a cartoon, the score numbers popping up over enemies when they are killed reminds me of old 8bit Mario brothers games.

Looks like crap, I'm sorry guys but this game is worse than games from 10 years ago. When is a development company going to try and actually make a game with real improvements? This junk that's released bi weekly any more is like a regression to the old contra and ikari warriors days only they are first person and even more spastic.

Yep I noticed that, the developers kept banging on about how realistic they wanted the game to be, but I guess the mass consumers dont like recoils!:j:

Dont forget, they're competing with COD

They also mentioned that they have freedom to be more realistic than in the Battlefield games, but Bad Company 2's weapons all have more recoil than these...

Oh, and here's another trailer:

3MhdOPzoKIc

Actually this new MOH is using two different engines! lol

One for SP - Unreal Engine 3 and one for MP - Frostbite Engine (DICE)

Why the MP can't be in Unreal 3 engine too?

Because DICE team is creating the Multiplayer component and they would use their tech.

Yeah dont know many games that use 2 different engines.

Ill pass on this game though just another run n gun zero recoil cluster****

They really meant they were refreshing MOH, I miss the old ones with the very tight level design :(

The f*ck? That means they're going to be two different games?

How... How did that seem like a good idea to the dev team(s)? :confused:

Check out at the one minute mark how fast he switches from the rifle to the pistol, it's instantaneous. He's running around non stop like 20mph even when moving sideways and backwards, the player seems to glide just like every other game. The jets flying over remind me of a cartoon, the score numbers popping up over enemies when they are killed reminds me of old 8bit Mario brothers games.

Looks like crap, I'm sorry guys but this game is worse than games from 10 years ago. When is a development company going to try and actually make a game with real improvements? This junk that's released bi weekly any more is like a regression to the old contra and ikari warriors days only they are first person and even more spastic.

I was going to make a comment, but you said it all already... .

You didn't mention how they managed to make the knife animation both look and function worse than BFBC2 and COD4. Achievement.

The characters also have something of the 'Dragon Rising Waddle' about their movement. There's too much back and forth of the shoulders, but it doesn't feel like they're moving forward fast enough (probably the 50 degree fov at work).

Edited by Richey79

They also mentioned that they have freedom to be more realistic than in the Battlefield games, but Bad Company 2's weapons all have more recoil than these...

Oh, and here's another trailer:

Looks like it is Anaconda inspired.

Well, I just pre-ordered it on Steam and, since I also own Bad Company 2, I get access to it today. Will have to see how it is... Can always cancel pre-orders. ;)

Oh boy! Another game where we shoot at people in deserts who wear tea-towels on their heads. Almost as mind-destroyingly boring and clichéd as those games where you shoot at people in rice paddies who wear lamp shades on their heads...

Oh boy! Another game where we shoot at people in deserts who wear tea-towels on their heads. Almost as mind-destroyingly boring and clichéd as those games where you shoot at people in rice paddies who wear lamp shades on their heads...

lool isnt that the case with Arma OA?? desert?towel heads?:j:

are you kidding me? so games like vietcong and operation arrowhead ain't got shit on arma 2, being as arma and flashpoint concente on a non existant conflict that was so 1985. at least games are now starting to get up to date with current affairs. sheesh, i can't believe some of the fanboys you get today, no game is ever good enough or meet anybodies minimum requirements anymore. You would all be whinging if game companies stopped all together.

Im sick of seeing desert based war games to be fair! thats why Arma 2 was so refreshing to me a year ago!

Im sick of seeing desert based war games to be fair! thats why Arma 2 was so refreshing to me a year ago!

There has hardly been any desert based war game recently, I dunno what your talking about!!:confused: you may want to name some!:rolleyes:

It looks like fun, if there's gonna be dedicated servers then i'll probably by this one.

Well, despite me having everything set up, I can't play because the site where you have to get the beta key from has been down all day. Beta releases ftw... :rolleyes:

There has hardly been any desert based war game recently, I dunno what your talking about!!:confused: you may want to name some!:rolleyes:

Modern Warfare 2 had a few missions in Afghanistan. Modern Warfare had about half of the game centered on a nameless Middle Eastern-styled country. From recent memory, Combat Mission: Shock Force, the Delta Force series had a large number of Desert-style missions and Black Hawk Down was, of course, Somalia based. The plethora of B and C games, "Back to Baghdad" and things. I think there are far more WW2 games than Mid-Eastern games, though.

*edit*

It doesn't bother me, personally. The games are simply a reflection of the times. The largest and most well-known military conflicts today are in the Middle East; Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and the like but I wouldn't mind a change of venue, either.

Edited by Clavicula_nox4817

lool isnt that the case with Arma OA?? desert?towel heads?:j:

Point taken. I was being deliberately hyperbolic, and I was taking the piss out of the mentality of the games as opposed to Muslims or Vietnamese, if anyone interpreted what I was saying as such.

are you kidding me? so games like vietcong and operation arrowhead ain't got shit on arma 2, being as arma and flashpoint concente on a non existant conflict that was so 1985.

Well, I didn't quite mean it like that, but you have a point. Myself, and countless others from what I gather, are bored sick of the market churning out gazillions of generic WW2, Vietnam and Desert Storm/GWOT games. Now, obviously there are great games in these categories (the Hidden & Dangerous games, for all their bugs, were absolutely legendary), but you really need to go out of your way to make a good game set in one of these periods due to how clichéd they have become.

at least games are now starting to get up to date with current affairs.

Please tell me you're taking the piss. What current affairs? You mean like "FUCK YEAH AMERICA LETS CONQUER SOME OILFIELDS AND FUCK SOME BITCHES!!!11111(lololol)". If you think that video game plots are in any way remotely connected to reality, you're doing it horribly horribly wrong.

sheesh, i can't believe some of the fanboys you get today, no game is ever good enough or meet anybodies minimum requirements anymore. You would all be whinging if game companies stopped all together.

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. Thanks for your efforts, but I can speak for myself, and judging by your post, I'd like to keep things that way.

Edited by echo1

Well, I've finally managed to play it today.

First impressions - the interface is obviously taken straight from the console. When getting killstreak rewards, for example, it shows a d-pad for what you have to select. You also have the option to "adjust your TV display". Changing keybinds will more than likely crash the game, again probably because of the porting from consoles

The ping measuring for servers is also messed up resulting in all servers reading 0ms, if you can even get servers to show up. The server browser is worse than it was in the BC2 beta. Thus, it's impossible to tell if the server you're joining will lag or not, which isn't great with the not-so-great-but-better-than-BC2 hit detection. The stats also have some issues being tracked, sometimes showing you did nothing the whole round. They are being stored, just not shown to you.

However, it is a beta, and there are many things I do like about it. The guns are not overpowered and are quite balanced, there are no "perks", just weapon attachments. Explosives are nerfed so that you can't simply run around using a M203 the whole round, nor a RPG. The graphics look beautiful and run extremely smooth, just like BC2. The maps are small but well designed and are very fun too, as well as the two modes we have at our disposal.

Overall I think it's decent for a beta. I could see this filling my need for an arcade shooter when it's released in October. I just hope that DICE definitely keep to their word so far about them changing the interface to a more PC-friendly one when the beta has progressed or, at the latest, when the game is released.

As in, you like, or you hate? Honestly, out of all the games shown that I'm excited for, I'm excited for this the most!!!

Also, starting on the 21st, there will be a multiplayer beta for those who pre-order Medal of Honor. If you own BC 2, you get early access this Thursday. But, you still need to pre-order the game. Participating retailers will be giving beta codes for those pre-order.

terrible, just looks like MW2 to me.

@Zipper5, how are reload anims? And is the movment more like CoD or like BF? Or somewhere in between?

Movement is exactly the same as BC2 apart from knifing. The reload animations look close to BC2's, but are much faster. In some cases unrealistically fast, same with switching between weapons. But hey, it suits the faster-paced gameplay.