Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

is that ingame or CGI

Definitely CGI.

It looks to be aiming for a more realistic atmosphere than recent CODs. I'm not convinced that more realistic gameplay will follow. The music reminds me of the Rohan theme from LOTR - not exactly gritty. I fear it will be another on-rails cinematic shooter designed for ten-thumbed pad users.

DICE should really give some more love to BFBC2's multiplayer before moving on to the next money-maker.

On the plus side: it makes me want to fire up the Helmand map beta and get some chinook action.

medal of honor was on the scene way before call of duty so calling it a copycat would be hipocrytical. I remember the first one on the paystation 1 then the allied assault, then apcific assault and finally airborne. all good games, but yeah ww2 has been murdered as far as fps games go. I am still waiting to see a decent world war 1 game. after all that was the most bloodiest and dirtiest war of them all.

medal of honor was on the scene way before call of duty so calling it a copycat would be hipocrytical. I remember the first one on the paystation 1 then the allied assault, then apcific assault and finally airborne. all good games, but yeah ww2 has been murdered as far as fps games go. I am still waiting to see a decent world war 1 game. after all that was the most bloodiest and dirtiest war of them all.

Yep the new kiddy gamers would be the ones calling MOH a copycat.

The last good medal of Honor was Frontline, too bad it didnt have Multiplayer

Some things I hope are not present in this MOH.

Bad AI, plauging every MOH game its a franchise Con

Mundane or abscense of Multiplayer, Coop and splitscreen, why have Online or Splitscreen why not both? Laziness.

Horrible character design, clone troopers and lacking of scripted events.

If these things are solved in MOH Ill be content.

Another thing is lack of replayability.

When you have one Studio working on the SP, and another working on the MP, you would expect alot from them

I always had the impression - although personal experience is limited to some demos of each - that MoH was in a similiar vain to CoD but with gameplay which was a bit more realistic and mature than CoD - a fair comment?

From the trailer it looks very similiar to CoD, even has the helicopter gunner missions.

If only the Hidden & Dangerous series made a new, modern version... unfortunately thats merely a dream.

They started one, called "Enemy in Sight".

screenshot_pc_enemy_in_sight003.jpg

But I think it's vaporware.

And I concur the MOH and the COD series have always been pretty interchangeable for my money.

the new HD trailer was awesome, however short. can't wait to get more information on this, definitely going to buy it over the cod clone as flash thunder said.

Enemy in Sight is dead for a very long time. Illusion Softworks is focused on Mafia2.

Got the time, got the will to make it happen. Wanting to create something for the community. Have a look Here

We can do whatever we want, as long as there is a interest to do so. The resources are there for the taking and everyone is invited to take part in the fun. Create and play... the players make the rules.. the servers.. the forums. As said, what ever we want it to be and as long as the resources can handle it, we(us - the players) can make it so. It all belongs to the community - And thats the part of why its allmost to good to be true. The only thing requierd is people wanting to make the effort and put in the work to make it happen. No cost, no boundries. I belive thats why EA and DICE supports battle.no by giving away Betas, for their games we host, to the members of the community. About 5 000 players connected to the forum at once when Beta for BC2 was released at battle.no by DICE
Most users ever online was 4,840 on 28 Jan 2010, 18:57
And just for the record, its all made by the players.. there are nobody recieving payments for the work done at battle.no.. its all made by people like yourself :)

Look here for more info - follow the links

Lets hope someone is willing to make the servers.. after all.. its all free if you want it to be :)

Edited by cri74

Looks exactly the same to Call of Duty MW2 with a differnt title on it

shitty game.

awesomness i like these games, a bit arcade but probably very fun

Well, another trailer was released at E3 finally containing gameplay:

P7zrT69EcEY

Looks cool, like a cross between Bad Company 2, MW2 and MAG. And it looks like the beta has a date - June 21st. Don't know if I'll play it though, these competitive games have been royally pissing me off as of late...

battle.no are still looking for someone interested in helping us out setting up servers for MoH and manage a admin team for the TV2 servers.

Please have a look HERE

Remember.. we are a open community who invites everyone to take part, its a community by players - for players. What level youd like to work on is regarless of skill or experience, nor what clan or team you belong to. We want to make the joys of multiplay and online games available to everyone. What we offer you in return is free resources as servers and forums, a organization to help you and a well-known community and player base to give your projects life. Allready supported by EA and DICE amongst others, battle.no was one of the few where Bad Company 2 betas was released. You are invited to take part and make whatever you would like to see really happen.

Currently we are looking for new games to host and Medal of Honor is one of the new games we are looking into. You will find mor info about us in the about section and information regarding games at the site.

www.battle.no

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wijw2aw4jgs&hl=nb_NO&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wijw2aw4jgs&hl=nb_NO&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

With a good realism mod that thoroughly changes the current gameplay, it could be awesome. That is, if they allow modding and dedicated servers ... :j:

Probably no deep modding , maybe only simple and they promised dedicated servers ,but i don't trust EA/DICE anymore

Hmmmm looks ok i suppose, like RH said tho because of EA/DICE i wont be buying this straight off. Doesnt look too much different from BadCompany with a little COD thrown in.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Well, nearly everything looks same as in BC2, Bradley's HUD is nearly exact, also points for defensive kills etc.

Nothing new behind BC2 and MW1/2

Feels a bit wrong to see MW2/BC2 being played in helmand and cabul..

Anyone else?

It does have a BC touch to it (obv its made by DICE)

but to me, it looks like they took the best out of BC2 and MW2 to make MOH, this game could potentially be the best MP of the year, it really looks great, and the sound is incredible, which Arma lacks

Another video with more gameplay footage and Devlp Interview

YFFKGv3cnic

but to me, it looks like they took the best out of BC2 and MW2 to make MOH, this game could potentially be the best MP of the year

That's what I'm thinking it has the potential to be as well. Whether or not that potential is realized is a different story. I'm not holding my breath. ;)

But is it just me, or do the weapons appear to have zero recoil? Just like MW2 in that regard... And not in a good way.

Edited by Zipper5

11min of MP gameplay

http://videos.pcgames.de/v/MuuqC3iXMpw/Medal-of-Honor/Multiplayer-Gameplay-E3-2010/

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Gameplay looked exactly like MW2 to me.

Others said, gameplay looks exactly like BC2, so why not just say, its a mixture of both?:yay:

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

That's what I'm thinking it has the potential to be as well. Whether or not that potential is realized is a different story. I'm not holding my breath. ;)

But is it just me, or do the weapons appear to have zero recoil? Just like MW2 in that regard... And not in a good way.

Yep I noticed that, the developers kept banging on about how realistic they wanted the game to be, but I guess the mass consumers dont like recoils!:j:

Dont forget, they're competing with COD

fuck me dead that looks shit.....