Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Pepper

zombies update

Great zombies but, does units with knife and machet dont attack, does weapons not work, the second bug i've found is the zombie rabbit, i have 3 normal rabbits not one zombie

Maybe add some creatures like in Resident Evil with attack script like in this wolf addon

Great zombies but, does units with knife and machet dont attack, does weapons not work, the second bug i've found is the zombie rabbit, i have 3 normal rabbits not one zombie

The "Zombie Rabbits" are found under EAST or RES

"Pep horror" and they are working until the first beta...

Same for the chainsaw, machete and knife - zombies.

Are you sure you put the gamelogics right and added the player to the target-list ?

I made the most basic of MP missions. One playable unit(west), one zdummy(east), active hellgate, MP init gamelogic and Difficulty gamelogic. On a dedicated server I am finding that after the first spawn wave more and more of the newly spawned stand around mindlessly, like, er, zombies. Lazy zombies. They groan a lot.

I made the most basic of MP missions. One playable unit(west), one zdummy(east), active hellgate, MP init gamelogic and Difficulty gamelogic. On a dedicated server I am finding that after the first spawn wave more and more of the newly spawned stand around mindlessly, like, er, zombies. Lazy zombies. They groan a lot.

Thanks for your reply.

This is a bug-report about the mp-targetplaer-init-gl, if I understand you right.

Maybe your "respawn delay" should be longer?

Could you send me the mission, so I can take a look at it for myself?

Dr.Pepper at kanonenfutter.org

Edited by Dr.Pepper

Mission sent to your cannon fodder address. As I say in my email, it worked tonight, but yesterday it did not. My clan really wants your pack!

For the MP player init GL, how do you transmit the data to the server? Through a "disposable" GL init?

edit: unpbo to look at MP GL, and I see that it is more for respawn not for first unit creation. From that I infer that for MP the global target array must be defined. I would suggest that in zmpscript_c.sqs that after the "~1" but before "#clientloop" you insert "@ !(alive player)". You don't want the players to PV at init. It is not reliable, and if the global target list is also defined in the init.sqs, there will be redundancy. Just a suggestion.

I will retest on ded server the first mission I made with multiple hellgates and see how it goes when I explicitly add global target array. I think I did try this but still had freezing zombie issue. I will let you know how it goes.

Edited by Mr.Peanut

Mission sent to your cannon fodder address. As I say in my email, it worked tonight, but yesterday it did not. My clan really wants your pack!

For the MP player init GL, how do you transmit the data to the server? Through a "disposable" GL init?

edit: unpbo to look at MP GL, and I see that it is more for respawn not for first unit creation. From that I infer that for MP the global target array must be defined.

yes, you're right.

the gl starts two scripts:

- one that only runs on the server and checks if a new target is to add to the gblalltagets.

- the second script runs for the client and checks if he dies, then sends the data of the respawned player to the server-script.

so it might be the best to define a target-lists for the start of the mission. the glballtargets-array is defined already in the zombie-init (with the gamedifficulty-gl).

so you need to add all tagets to the gblalltargets like this:

maybe at the end of your init.sqs

;waits for all global vars to be set...

@gblInitDone==1

;playunits is the array with all players... defined previously

gblalltargets = gblalltargets+playunits;

But your client side script will fire at mission start, so some players, but maybe not all due to PV loss at mission start, will be in the global target array twice. That is, if they are also explicitly added to the target list in init.sqs.

The extra wait line I suggested will keep your client side script from trying to PV the players at mission start. An alternative is to check that a target is not already in the target array before adding it.

if  !(respawnedguy in gblalltargets) then {gblalltargets = gblalltargets+[respawnedguy]}

I would suggest both changes.

Edited by Mr.Peanut

You're right Mr. Peanut.

I will change this in the next update.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Okay, so I added all player units to the global target array after a five second pause in the init.sqs (after global init finished) and now all zombies are active on ded server. Don't know what I screwed up before.

Now my OFP crashes after a few minutes of running around. Looks like a segfault in OFP. I am testing on Chernobyl Zone island which has a lot of detailed objects. Do you know if having too many zombies might cause OFP client to crash? I had five active hellgates. The zombie control scripts are server side, so that should not be the problem. Has anyone in your clan experienced this?

edit: same map with only one hellgate does not crash... :(

Edited by Mr.Peanut