Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Mid east

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 02 May 2003,00:o1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Amazing.  Another suicide bombing killing Israeli civilians and you're still badmouthing them.<span id='postcolor'>

I understand that you are easily amazed, FS, but what have I just said to badmouth them?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ 23 April 2003,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ April 23 2003,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 23 2003,02:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG!!!  I don't believe it.  After all the work I put in to sink this thread (I managed to get it to page 4  smile.gif )...<span id='postcolor'>

There must be an easier way to boost your post count.    tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This has NOTHING to do with any "post count".

Heck, I don't really even care about "postcounts", nor do I have any idea why they even exist.

My only purpose was to see this thread gone and forgotten.<span id='postcolor'>

We have asked you before. If you don't like the thread then feck off.

Your constant 'this thread should die because it's old'are quite irratating.

Like I said before, read the bloody thing, and you might learn something!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ 02 May 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 02 May 2003,00:o1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Amazing.  Another suicide bombing killing Israeli civilians and you're still badmouthing them.<span id='postcolor'>

I understand that you are easily amazed, FS, but what have I just said to badmouth them?<span id='postcolor'>

What was your comment intended to do?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 02 May 2003,01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ 02 May 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 02 May 2003,00:o1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Amazing.  Another suicide bombing killing Israeli civilians and you're still badmouthing them.<span id='postcolor'>

I understand that you are easily amazed, FS, but what have I just said to badmouth them?<span id='postcolor'>

What was your comment intended to do?<span id='postcolor'>

Umm... My "comment" was intended to ask a question.

That's why I stuck a "?" at the end of the sentence.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ 23 April 2003,02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif  Bush was thinking? !<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm this needs thorughly look over biggrin.gif

Good quiz i got every right except for one i was misplacing Israel biggrin.gif never knew it belonged there..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 02 May 2003,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good quiz i got every right except for one i was misplacing Israel  biggrin.gif  never knew it belonged there..<span id='postcolor'>

To paraphrase another post on today's forum:

As i said there are worlds to explore beyond your shore and your internet connection plus the Aljazeera network. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 02 May 2003,12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 02 May 2003,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good quiz i got every right except for one i was misplacing Israel  biggrin.gif  never knew it belonged there..<span id='postcolor'>

To paraphrase another post on today's forum:

As i said there are worlds to explore beyond your shore and your internet connection plus the Aljazeera network. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No seriously tounge.gif

I had trouble knowing if the outside portion belonged to Israel or the inside one and i was surprised it fitted on the outside wink.gif

But in the end what the heck its all Israeli territory isnt it?

I mean israeli army roams anywere it pleases in there crazy.gif

Oh and Al-Jazeera aint my preferrence wink.gif

I got Bahrain and Qatar mixed up and mali and niger mixed up. But ive been travelling in the middle eastern region recently and looking at lots of maps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ 22 April 2003,11:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On 28 Sept., 2000, Ariel Sharon ignored warnings from the US and the international community by visiting the the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount in Jerusalem, surrounded by over 1000 police.  According to the U.S. Department of State:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Palestinians held large demonstrations and threw stones at police in the vicinity of the Western Wall. Police used rubber-coated metal bullets and live ammunition to disperse the demonstrators, killing 4 persons and injuring about 200.<span id='postcolor'>

Thus began the second Intifada.

Two weeks later and hundreds of Palestinian deaths later, a Washington based organisation called JINSA published the following letter:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>The Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs Flag & General Officers Statement on Palestinian Violence</span>

October 12, 2000

We, the undersigned, believe that during the current upheavals in Israel the Israel Defense Forces have exercised remarkable restraint in the face of lethal violence orchestrated by the leadership of a Palestinian Authority that deliberately pushes civilians and young people to the front lines.

We are appalled by the Palestinian political and military leadership that teaches children the mechanics of war while filling their heads with hate. We are appalled by Palestinian "police" and "military commanders" who place armed adults amid civilian rioters, betting their children's lives on the capabilities and restraint of the IDF and then callously using the inevitable casualties as grist for their propaganda mill.

The behavior of those Palestinians, who use civilians as soldiers in a war, is a perversion of military ethics.

We have traveled to Israel over the years with The Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs. We do not claim to be experts in the political affairs of Israel and its neighbors.

However, in those travels, we brought with us our decades of military experience and came away with the unswerving belief that the security of the State of Israel is a matter of great importance to US policy in the Middle East and Eastern Mediterranean, as well as around the world. A strong Israel is an asset that American military planners and political leaders can rely on.

Israeli military innovations, shared with America, in tanks and tank warfare, ballistic missile defense capabilities, reserve mobilization, the uses of air power and early warning, among others, are astonishing. But what makes the US-Israel security relationship one of mutual benefit is the combination of military capabilities and shared political values - freedom, democracy, personal liberty and the rule of law.

We met in Israel with leaders from left to right on the Israeli political spectrum, and we met with soldiers from privates to generals and Chiefs of Staff. We traveled throughout the north, along the coast, in the Negev, Jerusalem and the territories. We reconfirmed the ageless lessons that every military professional knows - how geography and topography can predict destiny.Throughout our travels and our talks, the determination of Israelis to protect their country and pursue a fair and workable peace with their neighbors at the same time was evident. It is with this background that we view the current conflict in and around Israel with such dismay. Yitzhak Rabin said at the beginning of this peace effort with the Palestinians that one can only make peace with one's enemies. But what every soldier also knows is that the enemy must have decided to put down his weapons - rocks as well as rifles - and make peace in good faith. The Palestinian-initiated violence in Israel now strongly tells us that the necessary good faith is sorely lacking on the Palestinian side.

America's role as facilitator in this process should never yield to America's responsibility as a friend to Israel, the only country in the Middle East that shares our democratic and humanitarian values. Friends don't leave friends on the battlefield.

Lt. Gen. Marcus Anderson, USAF (ret.) - Inspector General, US Air Force

Lt. Gen. Robert Baer, USA (ret.) - Deputy Commander, Army Materiel Command

R. Adm. Charles Beers, USN (ret.) - Commander, Submarine Group Ten

Lt. Gen. Anthony Burshnick, USAF (ret.) - Commander, Military Airlift Command

Lt. Gen. Paul Cerjan, USA (ret.) - Deputy Allied Commander, Europe

Admiral Bruce DeMars, USN (ret.) - Director, Naval Nuclear Propulsion

Maj. Gen. Lee Downer, USAF (ret.) - Director of Operations, Air Combat Command

Admiral Leon Edney, USN (ret.) - Commander US Atlantic Fleet

Maj. Gen. Donald Gardner, USMC (ret.) - Commander, III Marine Expeditionary Force

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Lt. Gen. Jay Garner, USA (ret.) - Assistant Vice Chief of Staff</span>

Lt. Gen. Tom Griffin, USA (ret.) - Chief of Staff, Allied Forces Southern Europe

Admiral Jerome Johnson, USN (ret.) - Vice Chief of Naval Operations

V. Adm. Anthony Less, USN (ret.) - Commander, Naval Air Forces, US Atlantic Fleet

Maj. Gen. Jarvis Lynch, USMC (ret.) - Commander, Eastern Marine Recruiting Depot

Lt. Gen. Charlie May, USAF (ret.) - Vice Chief of Staff, USAF

Lt. Gen. James McCombs, USAF (ret.) - Deputy Commander in Chief, Special Ops Command

Maj. Gen. William C. Moore, USA (ret.) - Director, Operations, Readiness & Mobilization

Maj. Gen. Robert Patterson, USAF (ret.) - Commanding General, 23rd Air Force

V. Adm. James Perkins, USN (ret.) - Deputy Commander in Chief, US Southern Command

Lt. Gen. Everett Pratt, USAF (ret.) - Vice Commander, US Air Forces Europe

Maj. Gen. Milnor Roberts, USA (ret.) - Deputy Chief, US Army Reserve

R. Adm. Norman Saunders, USCG (ret.) - Commander, 7th Coast Guard District

Maj. Gen. Sidney Shachnow, USA (ret.) - Commanding General, JFK Special Forces School

R. Adm. Sumner Shapiro, USN (ret.) - Director, Naval Intelligence

Maj. Gen. Larry Taylor, USMC (ret.) - Commanding General, 4th Marine Aircraft Wing

V. Adm. Jerome Tuttle, USN (ret.) - Director, Space & Electronic Warfare<span id='postcolor'>

Given the strong empathy the Iraqi people feel towards the plight of the Palestinians and given all the prevailing "Zionist conspiracy" theories running rampant on the Iraqi streets, what the hell was Bush thinking when he proposed Gen. Jay Garner to lead post-war Iraq?

crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What a bunch of old crones ......... confused.gifmad.gif

British journalist gunned down by IDF

IDF version:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The army was uncovering tunnels used by Palestinian militants to smuggle in weapons from nearby Egypt.  Our forces found a tunnel at the house in question, when an anti-tank missile was fired at them. They shot back at the source of the attack.<span id='postcolor'>

Camera crew version:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miller was filming the Israeli army's house demolitions in Rafah when an Israeli tank opened fire.  Miller and two colleagues were simultaneously filming and waving a white flag as they walked toward the tank.<span id='postcolor'>

...Could be an interesting piece of film.

Thats a neat quiz. I had to look up Bahrain in the CIA factbook, never even saw it it's so small crazy.gif

I got about 1/3rd of the right. And those -stans are easy, all grouped together tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IDF version:Quote

The army was uncovering tunnels used by Palestinian militants to smuggle in weapons from nearby Egypt. Our forces found a tunnel at the house in question, when an anti-tank missile was fired at them. They shot back at the source of the attack.

Camera crew version:Quote

Miller was filming the Israeli army's house demolitions in Rafah when an Israeli tank opened fire. Miller and two colleagues were simultaneously filming and waving a white flag as they walked toward the tank.

...Could be an interesting piece of film<span id='postcolor'>

Ah the typical nothing new here crazy.gif

So they were on the menu today i guess , their camera was a dangerous WMD which threatened the existence of Israel i guess crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 03 May 2003,18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or their RPG was.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm is that standard issue for every reporter?

I gotta see this tounge.gif , i better get a press pass and get my RPG too crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ 02 May 2003,01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 02 May 2003,00:o1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Amazing.  Another suicide bombing killing Israeli civilians and you're still badmouthing them.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey FS, you didn't answer my question.

Or perhaps you were just shooting your mouth off again without thinking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 14 May 2003,17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.camera.org/<span id='postcolor'>

What's your point, Pit?

CAMERA claims to promote accuracy in Middle East reporting, however I have yet to find a single case where they've identified any pro-Israel or anti-Palestinian bias.  Are they saying that pro-Israel bias never occurs?  Are you?  I doubt it.  Instead, it is they (and maybe you) who are the ones being biased in their search for bias.

So, if your point was to post a link to a bunch of hypocrites then you succeeded.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ 15 May 2003,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CAMERA claims to promote accuracy in Middle East reporting, however I have yet to find a single case where they've identified any pro-Israel or anti-Palestinian bias.  Are they saying that pro-Israel bias never occurs?  Are you?  I doubt it.  Instead, it is they (and maybe you) who are the ones being biased in their search for bias.

So, if your point was to post a link to a bunch of hypocrites then you succeeded.<span id='postcolor'>

lol..

that has to be true because those darn jews are secretly running my government and my media right?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 20 May 2003,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that has to be true because those darn jews are secretly running my government and my media right?<span id='postcolor'>

After 5 days, all you could come up with is a worn out anti-Semitic slur?  Next time take 10.

I get all my info on the middle east love-fest (and world wide while at it) at Indymedia.org newswire.

Indymedia is a democratic media outlet for the creation of radical, accurate, and passionate tellings of truth.

Passionate tellings of truth?  Sounds good to me!

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ 20 May 2003,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 20 May 2003,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that has to be true because those darn jews are secretly running my government and my media right?<span id='postcolor'>

After 5 days, all you could come up with is a worn out anti-Semitic slur?  Next time take 10.<span id='postcolor'>

heh..

i guess satirical mockery doesn't translate well.