Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Mid east

"do u want the whole history? i've got the time, do u?

the fact is that Oslo agreement should've ended the conflict, but, how odd,the palestinian attacks only intesified.

how come?"

I'm sure the palestinians thought they had good reasons to escalate after Oslo. And I'm sure you had good reasons to build those bloody settlements right under their noses.

Now what would have happened if U.S. and britons and french would have started bulldozing parts of West German cities and built settlements there during the occupation that came after WWII? I'm pretty sure that with time, the germans would have become pretty pissed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ April 05 2002,11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">for that matter, neither we were with the Christians.<span id='postcolor'>

True.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ April 05 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fighting for yourselves? Without the funds from America, you wouldn't be fighting for long.<span id='postcolor'>

Your point being the US should cut us off so that you Europeans can finally see us snuffed out?

maybe avonlady can help with a question i have or a statement i heard

it it true that the isrealies have only occupied isreal since about 60 years ago, im sure i heard this but then someone said it was wrong??

"Your point being the US should cut us off so that you Europeans can finally see us snuffed out?"

No, my point is that you are not alone in the fight. I thought that was what I said quite clearly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Israeli troops throw stun grenades at journalists

April 5, 2002 Posted: 4:34 AM EST (0934 GMT)

RAMALLAH, West Bank (CNN) -- Israeli troops on Friday fired stun grenades and rubber-coated bullets at a group of about two dozen journalists waiting for the arrival of U.S. Mideast envoy Anthony Zinni at the compound of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.

According to CNN's Michael Holmes, two Israeli military jeeps pulled up and -- without warning -- about six stun grenades were thrown into the midst of the journalists by Israeli soldiers. The members of the media were then ordered to leave, Holmes said.

A stun grenade detonated under Holmes' foot as he fled the scene. No one was injured in the attack.

As the journalists drove off in five armored media vehicles, the soldiers fired rubber-coated bullets at the convoy. Two bullets struck the back of the vehicle being driven by the CNN crew, damaging a rear window.

Zinni is due to meet Arafat at his Ramallah headquarters on Friday. There has been heavy Israeli presence surrounding the compound for the past week, since Israel announced it was "isolating" the Palestinian leader in the wake of recent terror attacks.

<span id='postcolor'>

I thought 'controlling the media' used to mean something else? biggrin.gif

britain got a mandate in 1918 on the teritorry of israel (and iraq, syria, jordan, saudi arabia egypt and many more)

the brits recognizes israel as a national home for the jews in 1917.

when the mandate was coming to an end the brits and later the UN proposed a devision of israel into two nations. the israelis accepted, even though they got only about 35% of the land. the arabs rejected, and attack.

in 1948, in the independece war, israel rose, without almost any help from the outside, while battling armies from 6 countries, and winning.

mind u: WE accepted the plane, the arabs didnt and took their chance and tried to conquer us.they failed.

I would just like to point out that in ANY media text, the journalist or whoever wrote it has chosen qoutes to support their point of view.

"WE accepted the plane, the arabs didnt and took their chance and tried to conquer us.they failed."

And if they would have won and the situation was reversed you would all have given up and left? You wouldnt resist? Not fight back? Even if it lasted 50 years? I think you would. The Jewish people would never give Israel up without a fight even if they were run down to the ground. So why should other people be different?

"in 1948, in the independece war, israel rose, without almost any help from the outside, while battling armies from 6 countries, and winning."

The exact number of volunteers per country is still in some dispute, but the best estimate is that about 1,000 came from the United States with another 250 from Canada. Another 700 volunteered from South Africa, 600 from Great Britain, 250 from North Africa, 250 from Latin America, and still others from France and Belgium. There were also small contingents from Australia, the Belgium Congo, Rhodesia, Finland, and Russia. All told, Volunteers, both Jews and non-Jews and men and women, came from some 37 different countries to support the new Jewish State in her hour of greatest need.

Seems you did get some help after all.

if they would've succeeded we would be dead.

every time the arabs captured an israeli village, they murdered everyone, man, woman and child, just line them up and killed them all.

and yes, men came, arms, planes, ships, ammo,

we didn't. we bought from 3 world countries.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 05 2002,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your point being the US should cut us off so that you Europeans can finally see us snuffed out?<span id='postcolor'>

So the whole of Europe are anti Semites now?

You really do have a persecution complex don't you?

The whole thing is futile. Its just a fight over a few bits of land, something I would reckon each side has enough of.

Yeah, nobody fights over land anymore, because populations are anyway concentrated in cities as it is. So it's not like people NEED that much land anymore. But if GOD has promised you the particular land, then it gets more complicated. wink.gif

u donr fight over land when u have enough of it.

if u need to populate 6 mil. ppl in a territory the size of Rhode Island then u have a problem.

Religion seems to cause more problems today than anything. Though if im correct (which im probably not) if these people truly followed their religion then they would not fight.

in that, Identity' ur absolutly right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ April 05 2002,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">u donr fight over land when u have enough of it.

if u need to populate 6 mil. ppl in a territory the size of Rhode Island then u have a problem.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't tell me... you need lebensraum?

No wonder you're putting settlers into the palestinian land. I always thought your main motive was security, but I guess it is not. Lebensraum... hahaha! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ April 05 2002,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nice jokoe, pitty, i dont get it. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I don't get it eitherz:

Lebensraum

"every time the arabs captured an israeli village, they murdered everyone, man, woman and child, just line them up and killed them all."

Same acts have been performed by Israelis. Deir Yassin for example. I would appretiate it if you could maybe post links to info about such crimes performed by arabs/palestinians.

ok, got to any officer and ask him how to defend a country that is between 15-40 km wide. u know what he'll say?

mission imposible.

now it goes down to defence.

btw. there wouldnt be any need for any defence if all would be quiet after the Oslo agreements.