Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Mid east

Almost every day the Palastinians launch the Kassam 2 missles at Shderot.. but i see you prefer to "Not Knowing" so...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (McH @ Mar. 09 2003,21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Almost every day the Palastinians launch the Kassam 2 missles at Shderot.. but i see you prefer to "Not Knowing" so...<span id='postcolor'>

But i wonder how many missiles those the IDF fires evryday and how many tank sheels. And how many of those are killing civilians ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (McH @ Mar. 09 2003,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Almost every day the Palastinians launch the Kassam 2 missles at Shderot.. but i see you prefer to "Not Knowing" so...<span id='postcolor'>

Almost every day, huh?  According to CNN, 4 were fired today.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Palestinian militants fired four Qassam rockets Sunday from northern Gaza into a field near the southern Israeli town of Sderot, according to the Israel Defense Forces.

-- CNN<span id='postcolor'>

Why do you suppose CNN chose to present these 4 rockets reported by the IDF on this particular day and not all the others you claim are being fired "almost every day."  I really do prefer knowing so...  And a link might help too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Mar. 10 2003,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really do prefer knowing so...  And a link might help too.<span id='postcolor'>

Why don't you and your CNN buddies stand in the southern edge of Sderot and find out.

Sorry. That was cruel of me. I'll supply chairs.

It's getting out of hand down there, the Israeli goverment is being a complete wanker and sooner or later the Israeli citizens are going to be affected on a large scale if this keeps up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Mar. 10 2003,13:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's getting out of hand down there<span id='postcolor'>

It's been out of hand for 2.5 years - actually 10 years.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the Israeli goverment is being a complete wanker<span id='postcolor'>

z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z

Yes, and the Palestinians are the Hakawi Indians. Of course.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sooner or later the Israeli citizens are going to be affected on a large scale if this keeps up.<span id='postcolor'>

This is already true militarily and economically.

On the other hand, it was much worse until Sharon actually started (but didn't complete) doing something about it.

It's lovely to see what people 1000s of kilometers away think they know.

As long as you see Israel to be justified in it's actions in Palestine then there will be no progress, it's going to continue like Northern ireland did. Yes i'm a ignorant foreigner who doesn't know much about the situation but i've experienced first hand a very similar 'conflict of interests'.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Mar. 10 2003,14:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As long as you see Israel to be justified in it's actions in Palestine then there will be no progress<span id='postcolor'>

As long as you (and Israel itself, for that matter) tolerates and sympathize with terrorism, which never stopped when Israel compromised its security in order to reach a peace agreement with its neighbors, there will be no progress.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it's going to continue like Northern ireland did.<span id='postcolor'>

Strongly disgaree. If we would finally decide to put an end to the regime in our backyard, things would be a lot better here.

edit: I must restrain involvement on this thread - big timewaster. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 10 2003,13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If we would finally decide to put an end to the regime in our backyard, things would be a lot better here.

<span id='postcolor'>

So - what are you suggesting?

The final solution?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 10 2003,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 10 2003,13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If we would finally decide to put an end to the regime in our backyard, things would be a lot better here.

<span id='postcolor'>

The final solution?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't put words into my mouth, you Norwegian halibut. tounge.gif Note the word "regime".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 10 2003,14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 10 2003,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 10 2003,13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

The final solution?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't put words into my mouth, you Norwegian halibut. tounge.gif Note the word "regime".<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe......I'll calm down!

I'm not going to argue more in this thread - all I'd like to say is that I hope for a peacefull solution to all the problems in your area. No more dead Israelis or palestinians.

I hope you are still alright  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 10 2003,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hehe......I'll calm down!<span id='postcolor'>

Me to. I'm sorry I called you a halibut. I meant codfish. tounge.gifwink.gifwow.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope you are still alright<span id='postcolor'>

Personally and directly, yes, my family is alright. But we now have another friend who has lost close family members in a recent killing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 10 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 10 2003,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hehe......I'll calm down!<span id='postcolor'>

Me to. I'm sorry I called you a halibut. I meant codfish. tounge.gif  wink.gif  wow.gif  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope you are still alright<span id='postcolor'>

Personally and directly, yes, my family is alright. But we now have another friend who has lost close family members in a recent killing.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sorry to hear that - take care!

Christian

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 10 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But we now have another friend who has lost close family members in a recent killing.<span id='postcolor'>

Palestinian or Israeli?  ...Very sad, whichever. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Mar. 12 2003,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 10 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But we now have another friend who has lost close family members in a recent killing.<span id='postcolor'>

Palestinian or Israeli?  ...Very sad, whichever. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i just hope my cousin, his wife, and his little son won't get killed down there. i only met him once and really want to meet him again. sad.gif

This whole forum has turned quite sombre recently.

It must be upcoming war, don't worry once we taste blood everything will be fine.

sad.gif

HAPPY ASHOURA DAY to all forum Shiite Muslims!

Shiite Muslim men cut their heads with swords during the annual ritual to mark Ashoura Day in the southern Lebanese town of Nabatiyeh, on Thursday March 13, 2003. Hundreds of Shiites in south Lebanon marked the 7th century killing of their most revered saint Imam Hussein, by slashing their heads with blades on the occasion known as Ashoura. Al Hussein was a grandson of Islam's Prophet Mohammed and is a symbol of martydrom for Shiite Muslims.

I'd post a pick off Yahoo, but I'd rather not.

And I thought Oakland Raider fans were crazy...

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Mar. 13 2003,21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HAPPY ASHOURA DAY to all forum Shiite Muslims!

Shiite Muslim men cut their heads with swords during the annual ritual to mark Ashoura Day in the southern Lebanese town of Nabatiyeh, on Thursday March 13, 2003. Hundreds of Shiites in south Lebanon marked the 7th century killing of their most revered saint Imam Hussein, by slashing their heads with blades on the occasion known as Ashoura. Al Hussein was a grandson of Islam's Prophet Mohammed and is a symbol of martydrom for Shiite Muslims.

I'd post a pick off Yahoo, but I'd rather not.

And I thought Oakland Raider fans were crazy...

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Well, there are numerous examples of similar traditions from the far east - only they are catholics. I believe the Philippines

would be a good place to start.

Some more positive news. Bush is saying some of the right things even if its not enough.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L14493282

"U.S. President George W. Bush injected fresh impetus into stalled peace talks over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict when he said he would unveil a much-awaited "road map" for peace as soon as a new Palestinian prime minister was installed."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An American peace activist has been killed as she was run over by an Israeli bulldozer in the southern Gaza Strip.

Witnesses said she had been trying to stop the demolition of a Palestinian building in the Rafah refugee camp.

The woman was identified as Rachel Corey, aged 23, from Olympia, Washington.

The Israeli army says it is checking reports of the incident.

<span id='postcolor'>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2855263.stm

So a U.S. citizen is killed by the terrorist forces, time to move the 250K troops to Israel and combat true injustice... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 16 2003,18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So a U.S. citizen is killed by the terrorist forces, time to move the 250K troops to Israel and combat true injustice...  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif That will be the day!

What a waste...

Tragic but I'm affraid it will probably do little to end this bloody conflict.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Mar. 16 2003,18:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What a waste...

Tragic but I'm affraid it will probably do little to end this bloody conflict.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm afraid you are right!

Having said that I still believe it's important that people protest against violence committed by both Israel and the Palestinians.