Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Team Speak 3 Released

http://www.teamspeak.com/

Im sorry i cant get any more information as all there links lead to downloads, will update my post later!

apparently they had 1 million hits a second earlier today lol.

Features

During the last months, the TeamSpeak development team has revealed several new features of their upcoming product.

Voice Quality and Latency

TeamSpeak's most important feature - the talking part - is already implemented. TeamSpeak 3 is using a much higher audio codec resulting in much clearer voice quality. In addition, the developers have already significantly lowered the latency of speech compared with TeamSpeak 2 and other voice communication software solutions. TeamSpeak 3 will support the latest Speex and CELT codecs and provides automatic microphone adjustment, advanced noise reduction, and echo cancelation.

3D Sound

TeamSpeak 3 now features fully integrated 3D sound support which allows for spatial placement of sound effects and audio streams. This creates the illusion of a sound source being placed anywhere in three dimensional space, including behind, to the left of, to the right of, above, or below the listener.

Improved Security and Privacy

TeamSpeak 3 introduces a new authentication system. Instead of using a combination of username and password, the TeamSpeak 3 Client creates unique identities which are stored and tracked by every TeamSpeak 3 Server you're connecting to. For administrators, this eliminates the need to manually register a username and password with the server and allows administrators to assign a set of permissions to your identity which can be automatically recalled by the server every time you connect. The end result is strengthened security and improved administration with eliminated username and password issues, effectively making the prodcess of administering users far less tedious than ever before.

Permission System

TeamSpeak 3 will introduce a new permission system which will be similar to what is present in TeamSpeak 2, but will contain far greater flexibility. Instead of using pre-defined user groups, TeamSpeak 3 provides your organization with an additional level of information access and control by allowing you to create custom user groups.

Talk Power

You should all know how a moderated channel works with TeamSpeak 2. With TS3, the devs took this concept to the next level. You can now configure a Minimum Talk Power variable for each channel. Every client has his own Talk Power, which he has received through the permission groups the user is assigned to. A client with a Talk Power of 20 can speak in every channel with a Minimum Talk Power of 20 or lower. Effectively this means that with a TS3 group setup similar to the hard-coded TS2 groups, you can now create a channel where everybody can talk, one where only members and higher can talk, one where only server admins can talk, etc.

Sub-Channels

TeamSpeak 3 will introduce a new channel tree structure which supports an infinite number of levels in depth. Sub-Channels will no longer automatically inherit the flags of their parent Channel so every Channel can have it's own password and persmission settings.

Tabbed Voice-Comming

The TeamSpeak 3 client will allow you to connect to multiple TeamSpeak 3 servers at once, similar to tabbed-browsing. This was one of the many highly requested features for TeamSpeak 3.

Bookmarks

The deveopers have decided to allow the user to store his preferred servers as bookmarks, just like you all know from your favorite web browser. This means that the TeamSpek 3 client will provide a new bookmarks manager which will probably allow the user to manage his favorites more efficient.

One nice graphical feature in TS3 is the ability to configure an avatar which will be displayed when people click on your name. This is similar to what is possible in our forums, and adds some personality to the people you talk with.

Key Bindings

The TeamSpeak 3 client will allow the user to set his own key bindings. According to the official developer blog, the new inteface will support nearly all kinds of input devices, such as joysticks and gamepads. The developers also plan to support things like push-to-mute which requires support to bind actions to button-down and button-up events.

Text Messaging

The text messaging system of TeamSpeak 3 will be an entirely different, and much improved experience compared to TeamSpeak 2. All your messages may contain plain text but you are also able to use BB code tags to emphasize certain words or phrases by making them (for example) bold or italic.

URL Catcher

The TeamSpeak 3 client will provide an URL catcher which is used to store URLs mentioned during a chat. A similar feature is known from mIRC - a shareware IRC client for Windows.

Per Server Capture and Playback Devices

The developers have recently allocated time for is implementing per server capture and playback devices. This new feature allows you to do some really cool things like hook up two USB headsets to your computer, connect to two different TeamSpeak 3 servers using the client's new tabbed voice-comming feature (see above), hand one headset to a friend and be able to talk as if you were running two entirely separate clients.

Sound Packs

TeamSpeak 3 will introduce sound packs. The idea here is to allow all the sounds that are played when some action occurs to be packaged, and distributed easily. When TeamSpeak 3 is released, anyone will be able to create his own soundpack and share it with other users easily.

Translations

TeamSpeak 3 will will give users the ability to translate the software into their own language. Both server and client will be UTF-8 native so all languages can be supported.

Friends and Foes

Track your friends (and foes) through TeamSpeak 3's all new Friends/Foes list. When a friend or foe is added, the TeamSpeak 3 Client remembers your friend or foe's unique identity regardless of whether they change their display/nickname, and regardless of what server you're connected to. TeamSpeak 3 allows you to assign a custom nickname to your friends and can play a custom sound event when your friends come online. TeamSpeak 3 also tracks your friends/foes "last seen" date and allows you to permanently mute/ignore your foes.

Firewall Friendly File Transfer

Maximize your online collaborative experience with TeamSpeak 3's all new file transfer features. Depending on your permissions, users can recursively upload or download files on a per-channel basis or into a common folder tree. All files are stored directly on the TeamSpeak 3 Server. Users no longer need to worry about how to setup FTP or mess with complicated firewall issues or other file sharing solutions. TeamSpeak 3 makes file sharing a breeze.

Unprecedented Extensibility

TeamSpeak 3's all new plugin system allows developers to add functionality to their software or hardware. For example, upon release the TeamSpeak 3 Client will include a plugin for the for the Logitech® G15 keyboard LCD, which allows you to see in realtime who is speaking, what channel you're in, how many users are logged into your server, and more. TeamSpeak 3's plugin system features the powerful Lua scripting language which is also supported by many popular gaming titles.

ServerQuery

The developers are building up a new, powerful ServerQuery (formerly known as TCP Query) component to TeamSpeak 3. The ServerQuery interface can be switched into an interactive mode which gives you the ability to use the up/down cursor keys for cycling between the last given commands. You can also use the backspace key to edit the current command-line even if you're using Microsoft's Telnet client.

Web Administration Interface

The web administration interface will not be part of the server. Instead it will consist of a PHP-based web application, which can handle multiple virtual servers and server instances at once. The main application of this new interface will be for server farming or maintenance of servers by host providers, since normal end-users will be able to do all configuration and administration of the server from within the new TeamSpeak 3 client.

Database Plugin System

The TeamSpeak 3 server will now support a database plugin system so for example developers can now write their own plugin for a completely proprietary database if they so desire.

Edited by MattXR

I'm screwed sideways if I can figure out how to get the server to work.

lol same here we can get people to connect and that but trying to get the sql thing all sorted and the config things is really confusing.

But Sound quality has improved ten fold. Its amazing

How did you even run the server? I started the EXE, but the quickstart guide said something about commandshell and various command lines.

Run the exe then once its on the screen just go to your client ts and join via the ip and it should let you in

Lol, connected to the server, but i'm completely lost how to do any admin stuff, set anything up or do....anything....

getting admin is the easy part, took me about 10min tho haha, its the rest of the stuff thats hard. Just read the Server Documentation lol.

Well care to be useful and you know, actually say how to do it?

Nevermind, got in....christ on a pushbike....this is 10x less user friendly than the ACE installer ever could be.....I really hope this is just a beta thing, it's ridiculously complex just to create and configure a single channel

Edited by Pathy

We haven't got a server yet but we had a quick blast on the TS3 Public Server. Twas a bit mental, but you can certainly hear the better quality. Good list of features in the first post too, stuff like having a button to mute your current channel when using a wider net will be really useful.

Seems like the channel commander concept has been completely dropped in this version. It'll be interesting to see if anyone can come up with a viable way to do similarly structured comms in TS3. At present, I'm turning an eye towards Mumble to see if that might offer a better solution. Not at all impressed with TS3 currently - perhaps I've missed something, but it sure seems to have taken away options and replaced them with features that won't accomplish the same functionality.

Seems like the channel commander concept has been completely dropped in this version. It'll be interesting to see if anyone can come up with a viable way to do similarly structured comms in TS3. At present, I'm turning an eye towards Mumble to see if that might offer a better solution. Not at all impressed with TS3 currently - perhaps I've missed something, but it sure seems to have taken away options and replaced them with features that won't accomplish the same functionality.

I tought Priority Speaker was to replace Channel Commander

We installed TS3 server for our clan today and after only 15 mins of testing and exploring the new features we decided to not go back to TS2.

I tought Priority Speaker was to replace Channel Commander

all is that does is allow the person who has Priority Speaker when they talk and other people talk everyone else will go quiet and fade out so the speaker can be herd.

it seems that you have to setup a lot level of sub channels inorder to get the same function of Channel Commander, and everyone have to update the list whenever it changes

Pssst, don't tell anybody...

TS 3 beta 2 available now...

Changelog:

changelog:

=== Client Release 3.0.0-beta2 - 20 Dec 2009 ===

- Fixed a problem where the client could not store some passwords correctly,

the stored version was always trimmed to only a few characters

- When entering hostnames/ips with trailing or leading spaces this could lead

to the client not being able to connect. We now ignore trailing and leading

white space.

- Fixed a crash while destructing tts

- Fixed a crash with hoster banner

- Fixed a problem where the "Glance" button could cause a client assertion to

fail (which terminated your client).

- fixed possible crash with whisperlist

* Renamed sound packs to better (more descriptive) names

* Replaced the previous default sound pack with a less verbose version

- Play stop talking wav, even in TTS profile

- Bandwidth limit when edited in virtual server edit dialog now accepts bigger

values

- Fixed a crash that could occure on connect when connecting with a hostname

instead of by IP

- Mute headphones now also stops you from sending, since this what casual users

expect. The functionality to mute only your headphones and still be able to

transmit will return in a future build.

=== Server Release 3.0.0-beta2 20 Dec 2009

- fixed rare server crash (while reconnecting client)

- fixed bug with serverdblist updating client_nickname fields

- fixed permission problem with channel groups

+ serverstop can return ERROR_server_is_not_running

+ poke message got a max character limit of 100

! added PERMISSION_b_client_issue_client_query_command

enables/disables the internal gui client serverquery function

- fixed bug that lead to the server connection info values overflowing

at 2^31

Xeno

Yeah, and it rocks. Quality and latency is great. Yeah that channel commander thing need to be checked, maybe some permissions and settings can be set to get it to work. We will see. TSViewer.com is now also TeamSpeak 3 compatible. TSViewer functionality is integrated. More to come.

TeamSpeak 2 is to this day still a beta, its a RC, release candidate. Dont get deterred by a beta state. ArmA 2 beta patches do also rock very much. :)

I think the Sound quality should be higher.

Yes sound quality is definitly much higher. It was in the beginning hard to recognize some teamates voice due to the superior voicequality. Latency is much better and there is not as much overlapping conversations anymore.

Privite and group messaging is also greatly improoved, and works now with tabs similar to other instant messeging programs. You can even send of line messages to your buddies what they will see next time they join the TS server. It is also possible to upload files within TS to different channels what people can then download. So it is much easier to send and share files.

Whispering functionality is now also improved; To create a whisper list you can just drag and drop players or channnels or both into the list, and then assign it a key settings. The lists do not have to be updated anymore if a player changes his name.

Only things what annoys me a bit is the new sounds. The default sound packs are not really good and some sounds are really annoying, (like the"Buddy left the channel and dissapears"- sound). To our luck it is possible to turn of each sound and customize the sounds. I miss the standard "Member joined" sound, but im sure there will be some soundmods out soon enough.

It seems the TS3 devs are going to add Channel, Commander functionality, or something similar

Adding channel commander equivalent is something we plan to do during beta.

I wonder if this was already intended or they saw the light after seeing the rate at which the Channel Commander thread was being added too

So far it's been pretty much plop.plop fizz.fizz. (I look forward to scripting the plugins ... "Reduce WinAmp volume when Channel is Active"? *wh000t!*)

But this: In 25 minutes or less I was right sick of the voice announcements ... she sounds brain-damaged.

If others are interested I'll create a whole set. I decided not to just copy the TS2 voice ... best to have a different woman speaking, to tell which TS is active. (Absolute joy, running TS2 and 3 both!)

My TextToSpeech ain't half bad; I can tweak / customize the wording as much as folk might want.

Have a listen to the 3 examples I uploaded; the original, a 1st cut, and something friendlier: http://bentrem.sycks.net/75thr/ts3/

Edited by BenTrem
removed confounded reply

Have been testing to get a full hierarchy working in teamspeak 3 and so far am reasonable successfull.

However, it keeps amazing me that, even if the sofware itself might be complex, how on earth did they get somebody to make a user interface that incredible chaotic and hard to understand.

The functionality is great and i think it has all we ever need. However, to achieve what you want you need to study for weeks. Amazing since i think what people usualy want is just a few channels, channel commander and whisper to different channels.

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.0-beta21 Available

The new client is only compatible with servers that are at least version beta23. The client will instantly disconnect from older servers.

Channel Commander (CC) feature implemented

The whisper system of TeamSpeak 3 was lacking the flexibility that was available in TeamSpeak 2, so we rewrote great parts of it. For example we had multiple request for a "Channel Commander" like whisper functionality, this is now possible: Simply create a new channel group (e.g. name it "Channel Commander"). Then go into the whisper list setup, and add a hot-key to whisper to this new channel group - that's all it needs.
You can see some distinguished ArmA 2 community members in the thread :D

According to the TeamSpeak team, they are going to add whisper to server group also, which will remove this ugliness that occurs with channel groups.

Enjoy