Sign in to follow this  
ss stump

Newbie Looking For Team Play

Hi there,

I am probably misunderstanding something, but the manual says that this game has built in multi-player and voice. I thought that meant that BI hosted the server and there would be voice communication.

I have played for several hours and all the games I joined seemed to be hosted by folks other than BI. I never heard even one peep on the radio channels.

I did see a few folks that typed messages which was cool, but being a slow typist (and a worse arma player), the last thing i need is to have to type my messages. ;-)

I was hoping for an interactive experience, rather than just a bunch of folks getting killed and respawning.

Am I missing something?

Thanks In Advance. :-)

MP games are either hosted by a player or some player has set up a dedicated server. Does it really matter who's hosting?

I don't think many players use the built-in voice. Most would be using TeamSpeak or Ventrilo or the like.

Arma is an awesome game for teamplay but you probably won't find that on a public server. If you can hook up with an organization (I don't like using the word clan) like tacticalgamer.com or 6thsense.eu you can experience good team play.

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you Jedi

I'll check those. That's more what i was hoping for.

And you are right - it doesn't matter who's hosting. I just thought that i was missing the correct spot to go play on a team. :-)