Sign in to follow this  
§nake

Laptop or desktop?

I plan on buying a new PC in the few coming months....  because my 3 year old Hewlett packard is hittin the shit can...  I need a high end PC with lotsa room...  and XP...

issues:  I plan on keeping it well after I graduate..  and if I move away from home (which I will) I want somethin thats light and travel handy...  but can handle OFP and upcoming games...

Any ideas for systems?

Don't tll me to build my own because I have built plenty for friends...  NO..  want tech support..  no you built it, your screwed BS..  just preffered systems plz!!  wink.gif

If you want portability, get a laptop.

If you want something that doesn't have to be tossed out in two years, get a desktop and upgrade it as needed.

I like Dells, they are a bit overpriced but mine hasn't failed me yet!

If you need something to write papers on and not much else, go for a Dell.

If you want to game, look at something like an Alienware.

I generally vote for desktops, but a notebook may also be a good choice for a student. Just expect to pay a lot more if you want to get a notebook that you can game on.

I know about alienware.. etc. I need something portable like a notebook, with enough ram and video to play, and create mission etc. on the go... a notebook would be best.. I heard Toshbia had a great model out.. but what about Dell?

Look at the topic. You said Laptop or Desktop.

Heh.

For notebooks, Dell isnt bad. The Vaio's from Sony are pretty sweet too.

Get something with Geforece2go in it if you hope to play OFP much wink.gif

well i upgraded my pc and got a laptop

laptop was celeron 900 10 gig harddrve 64 meg graphics (SiS) 128meg ram (shares with graphics) built in sound card, modem, network card came with xp price - Å650

pc athlon 1.2 100 gig hardrive (2 seperate tho) ati radeon 64meg, soundblaster 128 1 gig ddr ram 24x writer 17 inch monitor 10 meg hub for lanning the two price Å700 ish

i use the two all day play games on pc and keep irc etc on laptop, and if im downloading thru the night i just use the laptop cause i feel safer.

Check out the website ibuypower.com. I recently bought my laptop from there and it is amazing, I am using it for college and it was affordable. Perfect for gaming. Perfect for Arma 3