Sign in to follow this  
Freebie

NVG malfunction

Hey all, is there a way to simulate a malfunction with night vision goggles where they flicker on and off a few times and then stop working alltogether?

I'm guessing probably not, but might as well ask....

Thanks.

Ah cheers mate. I'm new to editing but I think I know what that's going to do, throw away the NVG's?

So would there be a way to make them flicker on and off 1st? I'm only guessing but would it be done by adding them and ejecting them several times? And can all this be done at a certain point in a mission ie by a trigger?

Read deeper. The command action is a generic. Look at the list of actions for all the different things you are able to do, including toggling nightvision on or off.

You could also use other commands to adjust lighting with ppEffects or display a screen overlay via cutRsc.

I've managed to simulate a NVG malfunction using very skinny triggers triggered by blufor present which work as they're walked through. Using the NVG on/off action they seem to flicker off then on and then off again for good.

It does the job more or less but I'm wondering if there's probably a more professional way to do it just using one trigger and a bit of script that makes them flicker on/off/on and then finally totally disables them. As atm even when they turn off you can still turn them back on if you want to. Kind of spoils the whole "malfunction" scenario. :o

Any help appreciated.

Ive done something similar before you would.. player removeWeapon "NVGoggles"; player addWeapon "NVGoggles"; I forget the command to force them on..but you would repeat those steps to get the flicker effect..

Unfortunately it needs more than just that, thanks anyway though.

You could put this in a repeatable trigger:

_nvg = [player] execVM "NVGs.sqf"

NVGs.sqf:

_i = this select 0;

if (_i hasWeapon "NVGoggles") then {

_i action ["nvGoggles",player];
sleep 0.25;
_i action ["nvGogglesOff",player];
sleep 0.2;
sleep 0.25;
sleep 0.2;
sleep 0.25;
sleep 0.2;
sleep 0.25;
sleep 0.2;

_i action ["dropWeapon", _i, "NVGoggles"];

};

This isnt tested but it might work :P

Edited by Andy455

Gave it a go and nothing happened. Thanks for trying though Andy :)