Sign in to follow this  
Fudgeblood

PCGamer Top 100 lists ArmA 2 as the 21st best PC game of all time!

Or not bitch at all. :yay:

isn't that what the internet is for? :p

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

With that attitude, I doubt we'll be hearing you bitch at all in the future. :rolleyes:

sorry, I meant that in jest, not a bitchy attitude as it must have come across as. Need to use the smileys more :D

I cant believe they put Oblivion and Fallout 3 way ahead of Baldur's Gate 2.

Anyone who puts Oblivion above Morrowind deserves to be shot.

Great list.

Deus Ex is number ONE, everyone who has played it can tell that.

Not surprised.

IL-2 should be higher, being 100 is way too far from many mediocre games that the list haves.

Jagged Alliance2 way too low also.

Enemy Territory... should be higher. Not many games that old still have such many active clans and players.

Street Fighter 4 should not be on that list at all, maybe the weakest of them all.

Fallout3 divides people, my opinion is that it should not be in that list at all, weakest of the trilogy, just simplified from the originals with Oblivion engine. If Fallout3 would be 2d, like the games before that it would be easily weakest of the bunch. (opinions, opinions, don't get mad on me)

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

...oh, and one thing.

FarCry2 on the list, but not the first one?!?

HAHAHAHAAHA!

Everyone knows that FarCry2 is an shitty game.

:butbut:

...oh, and one thing.

HAHAHAHAAHA!

:eek:

I bought it not too long ago. Gave up after I just couldn't bare playing it any more. It's just so incredibly boring and repetitive. I can't believe it went on that list, then again it also got good review scores somehow.

It had major potential though :(

Edited by Maddmatt

:eek:

I bought it not too long ago. Gave up after I just couldn't bare playing it any more. It's just so incredibly boring and repetitive. I can't believe it went on that list, then again it also got good review scores somehow.

It had major potential though :(

What you mean getting chased down by some psycho in a hatchback every time you drive 100 feet isnt a revolution in gaming? Yeah i have no idea what PC Gamer saw in Far Cry 2...

Good stuff for ArmA2 though.

Deux ex at number one???.... Fallout 3 is deffo better then that. .

You are either very young or very stupid. Or probably both.

As for Arma II being on 21, I think it's very good place, considering it's a niche game. Bring on Arrowhead!

Anyone who puts Oblivion above Morrowind deserves to be shot.

Indeed.

I'm a big fan of both games and have nothing against Oblivion, but in terms of story and innovation (not to mention its unique world design) Morrowind definetly stands heads and shoulders above Oblivion.

However I do think Fallout 3 deserve to be on the list, despite it being Oblivion with guns and mutants. I was mightily impressed by it, far more than Oblivion.

The fact that Oblivion makes it to the top portions of that list pretty much invalidates the the entire project. Don't get me started on Fallout3.

-k

There are games I think deserve their rank and others I don't.... I'd wouldn't say that a 'Readers Top 100' will be anymore accurate, 14yr old boys basing their vote on the game with the most bells and whistles at 120FPS.

Anyway after reading everyones comments here as to what you think is good, what is not and how accurate the 'top 100 list' is, I think its actually pretty close :)

As for ArmA2 coming 21st, I think its about spot on and deservedly so, the 20 games above it are all great even though there are some I rather dislike.

ANYway...

CONGRATULATIONS BI, well done :thumb:

that list makes no sense... how can anyone rate games in totally different categories as if they were the same?

nah, i don´t buy it... nice to see ArmA2 as 21th, but looking ahead on it i´m not very convinced with the coherence of these ratings... you can´t judge a tactical sim and MMO´s in the same context, it makes no sense...

i agree with the second post... this list is mostly rubbish...

i´m a simmer, so if you ask me, ArmA 2 IS the best game ever made... but i´m biased towards it´s genre... if i were a counter-strike fan, i probably wound´t have that same opinion...

it´s all too relative

but nice to see that ArmA is getting attention ;)

No matter how many times you say it's just PC Gamer's opinion and doesn't reflect how it should be for everyone, everyone keeps saying the list is bullshit and their version is the real one.

This thread is full of lolz.

Basically this amounts to people whining and complaining about SOMEONE ELSES POINT OF VIEW... they just happen to get theirs published... get over it, none of you could come up with a better list.

Thief 2 and Deus Ex are great games, but congrats to BIS on getting two of theirs in the top 100.

.oh, and one thing.

HAHAHAHAAHA!

I'd like to think it's for the engine, IMO FC2 has an incredible engine, sadly let down by extremely tedious game/mission design.

I'd like to think it's for the engine, IMO FC2 has an incredible engine, sadly let down by extremely tedious game/mission design.

Yeah, nothing wrong with the engine, but the first FarCry's engine wasn't that bad either, the sandbox was fun, multiplayer actually worked in that game.

They should do "TOP100 engine" list separately.

Ahh Grim Fandango one of my alltime favourite games... it brings back great memories :bigsmile:

No matter how many times you say it's just PC Gamer's opinion and doesn't reflect how it should be for everyone, everyone keeps saying the list is bullshit and their version is the real one.

This thread is full of lolz.

This is true of any Top xxx list. It's all subjective.

But, my major beef with the list is that there's no criteria for how the list was picked. Why Solitaire would make any Top xxx list based on ANY criteria imaginable is beyond comprehension. The only thing I can think of is that Solitare is probably one of the most played games ever, but that's because it's been free on everyone's computer since the dawn of Windows OS. However, that can't be the criteria of this list because we know that Deus Ex did not sell that many copies compared to many of the other games on the list.

Yeah, nothing wrong with the engine, but the first FarCry's engine wasn't that bad either

FC2 uses the same engine, just improved :).

Are you sure ?

I always believed that FC use the Cry Engine 1 and FC2 the Dunia Engine

FC2 uses the same engine, just improved :).

No it doesn't. It's just like the situation with OFP: DR. It's made by a different team from scratch.

The original team went on to make Crysis with the next version of their engine.

Far Cry engine is the first CryEngine. Far Cry 2 uses Dunia (which I believe is now used in that Avatar game).

I would agree, i initially bought the game for the x360 upon release, and hated it after a few missions, in the summer just gone, i was bored, and for some reason picked up another copy of the game.

I started playing it again, and this time i managed to get to the second part of the game, i even managed to play 3 multiplayer games, before i traded it in again :p

ArmA2 better than BioShock? Better than OFP:CWC? Historical perspective, please?

No One Lives Forever deserves a mention, but World War II Online / Battleground Europe or any of the Rainbow Six titles aren't deserving?

Edited by Uziyahu--IDF

No it doesn't. It's just like the situation with OFP: DR. It's made by a different team from scratch.

The original team went on to make Crysis with the next version of their engine.

Far Cry engine is the first CryEngine. Far Cry 2 uses Dunia (which I believe is now used in that Avatar game).

Actually Dunia is build upon (very loosely) the 1st CryEngine which Ubisoft purchased from Crytek.

Actually Dunia is build upon (very loosely) the 1st CryEngine which Ubisoft purchased from Crytek.

Interesting. I was under the impression that they started over.

What a waste of a good engine.