Sign in to follow this  
Stewy

problem with Kegetys cpbo in W7?

G'day guys

I'm just trying to set up my new computer and am having trouble installing Kegety's tools.

I clicked on the "cpbo" exe file, and now I can make pbo's with a right click in Windows 7 64, but there is no command to unpack the pbo's...

Can anyone please give me dumb-dumb advice on how to do this?

Thanks guys

Stew

Hi Legislator - I'm not sure I could get it to work - I right-clicked on "run as administrator" - but that didn't work - still can't unpack pbo's...

Am I doing it right?

Thanks for your help ;)

Sure .. it should have been installed after clicking the cpbo.exe once. Now right click on a folder to pbo it or right click a pbo file to de-pbo it.

Thanks Legislator for your help.

Yes, I did that - and can create pbo's from folders using right click.

cpbo.jpg

...but this is the same right click when I click on a pbo file -no "unpack" command comes up :(

nopbo.jpg

Thanks again - any suggestions appreciated!

Cheers

Stew

The entry is called "extract" and should be on top on the context menu when you right-click a PBO. Be sure it's a true PBO file and not a filename.pbo.rar or something like that. Check if file extensions are visible in the windows explorer.

Be sure to leave the cpbo.exe in the same directory once executed! I put it in my ArmA II main directory. If nothing works, execute it again. This way the entries should be installed again. It's working for my Win 7 64 Bit here, so I should work at your PC as well. Check if you have any other (cleaning) programs running which might mess around in the context menus. If the problem persists you should contact Kegetys or wait for another solution here.

Hi Leg,

I've Dl'd PboView as a substitute - at least I can pull apart pbos now ;)

I have no idea why W7 won't come up with 'extract' though...

Thanks for all of your help mate

Stew

Hi all

cpbo No longer works as the file associations are now linked to ArmA II.

Use pbo View instead until cpbo gets an interface.

Kind Regards walker

Ugh. This is all broken for me too.

W7 won't let me run those reg fixes from the desktop, it says

"The specified file is not a registry file. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor"

So, I imported them into regedit, but it bombs out with the same error. Note that the files are .reg files, they have the correct filetype icon.

I'm stuck without cPBO now. I tried armaunpbo, but that's clunky to use, compared to cPBO and it doesn't actually do anything, when I click extract in it's interface.

Thank goodness for PBOView! That works, I'd rather use cPBO though.

Edited by Tankbuster

cpbo No longer works as the file associations are now linked to ArmA II.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. It works.

cpbo.jpg

I'd rather use cPBO though.
You can, keep trying... if I wasn't old and senile and could remember what I did differently, I'd let you know. Just read (and reread) the other post on this, especially oktane's.

Good luck!

I've been grinding away at it all morning, the stumbling block appears to be where I can't update the registry using these .reg files. Most odd.

When I first tried to get cpbo to work, I already had it installed, updated to 1.05, and then it was a pain in the ass to get it to work again... but it did, with the help of oktane's post and more mindless fiddling by me.

I had to reformat a week ago and installed arma 2, updated to 1.05, and then installed cpbo (as admin)... I was prepared to do the fixes, but didn't have to do anything. It just worked.

Not that any of that will help (nor am I saying reformat, I am just trying to remember what the hell I did), but that's all I got for now, sorry...

Edited by Mosh
info

I got cpbo to work after the 1.05 patch by doing this.

1. Going into the registry edit.

2. Running a search for "pbo"

3. Deleted anything that came up.

4. Rebooted.

5. Double clicked cpbo again to reset the parameters, haven't had a problem since.

Now, not to dis oktane's registry fix. But when I ran that it was causing some bad problems to my PC where it wouldn't boot up properly and execute a disk check every time. That's the other way of going about this.

2. Running a search for "pbo"

3. Deleted anything that came up.

DANGER: don't delete everything with PBO, there were a couple of ligitimate items that just happen to have those characters!

(Win7 64bit at least)

How can i delete the cPBO in order to RE-install it after the 1.05 update??? Because i have installed, then i updated to 1.05 and this doesn´t work... is any form to delete the cPBO completely from the system??

Thanks

Finally have managed to get the 'extract PBO..' to show up in the context menu thanks to reading through this thread.

I basically ran the .reg program provided by the Original Poster and then went into the Registry editor and ran a 'find/search' on criteria 'pbo'.

I manually removed any entries relating to the cpbo program (all keys, strings) - Don't just delete everything that is found as some of the search doesn't relate to the cpbo program/association; therefore you risk causing issues with your system.

Once I was happy that I had removed all pbo/cpbo related registry keys I then reboot my system. Once logged back in I re-ran the cpbo.exe program which installed without any errors and bingo, when right-clicking on a pbo file I can see the 'extract PBO' command within the context menu.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in this - As its helped me.

..and before I forget - I'm using Window 7 Ultimate (x64)

Sorry to dig this out, but i have exactly the same problem now, as i just installed Win7 the first time. I remember i couldnt use cpbo when OA arrived and i got that *.reg file for Win XP to deregister pbo file associations.

I manually removed any entries relating to the cpbo program (all keys, strings) - Don't just delete everything that is found as some of the search doesn't relate to the cpbo program/association; therefore you risk causing issues with your system.

Just to be sure. When i search for "pbo" in registry i can find 2 things:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.pbo\AppsTable\ArmA 2 OA

and

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.pbo\AppsTable\ArmA 2

Can i just delete those to folders inside the registry ArmA 2 OA and ArmA 2 ?

Edited by RunForrest
why is my sig not up to date? errrrr