Sign in to follow this  
Dogtags

What happened to 3D Editor?

OK Sorry if an answer has been posted but after a short search I did not find anything specifically answering this.

So has BI said anything recently regarding the 3D Editor? Is it being worked on?

I have played with the partial 3D editor and I love it, pitty they can't just give us the VBS2 Editor. :)

No idea.... would be nice to know.

I doubt they'll double work on two separate editors...

Personally I'd be more than satisfied if they ripped a cut down version of the 3D view and added to the regular editor (just so you can move/rotate already placed objects and preview in 3D), then worred about the actual 3D editor with its new format for the next game... Hopefully its real streamlined by then.

If I remember correctly, you press Alt+E at the main menu. Or something. I'll try it out.

There's either going to be an update of the 3D Editor in patch 1.05 or the uniting patch that's supposed to come when Arrowhead will be released.

Would be sweet if they could make the interface a little more like 2D Editor. Keeping the advanced features with easiness of use from the 2D Editor.

I bet BIS has got better things to do than improving a rather unimportant feature

I bet BIS has got better things to do than improving a rather unimportant feature

I don't think it is unimportant. I believe if the 3D editor were in place and fully functional that you would see many more addons made for it as the more inexperienced may try their hand.

Yes they do have more important things to work on right now, this I agree with.

Alt-E works but you can still not use what you create in the 3D Editor.

Having this editor work would open up so much greatness. Creating bases goes fast and easy. I love that editor, but in the end i know i have to scrap it all. :( bohoo.

Alt-E works but you can still not use what you create in the 3D Editor.

Having this editor work would open up so much greatness. Creating bases goes fast and easy. I love that editor, but in the end i know i have to scrap it all. :( bohoo.

You can copy and paste into a normal mission (run an SQF from the init)...

The big problem I found with placing objects in the 3D editor is that it does not save angles properly - it will correct the angles when you place the object but if you load the mission again it'll be flat - making it fairly worthless unless you desire alot of floating objects.

Indeed the editor is a major benefit of this game and i think that having a broken 3D Editor is a big FAIL!

I also believe its very important feature of this game as with it, you would see a lot more in depth missions with cool things that you don't normally see which make missions more interesting...

And we all know this community survives on Custom Missions, becuase without the missions there would be nothing to play with all these good addons with.

So at least give the mission editors something new and cool to play with!

Just a small question:

Have you tried the RTE?

Which part is that bad, that you want to use the included 3D editor?

Just a small question:

Have you tried the RTE?

Which part is that bad, that you want to use the included 3D editor?

I'm surprised that RTE went unnoticed for some people. I personally use it since the first ArmA release, great tool.

I'm surprised that RTE went unnoticed for some people. I personally use it since the first ArmA release, great tool.

Well first I heard of it. had a look and it looks good, more progressed that the BI version, at least useable.

Still wish BI would finish theirs though.