Sign in to follow this  
Chill xl

SIX Aiaktalik map Beta1 released

intro mission? where do we get that? i didn't see any mission pbos in the folder?

You dont need to do anything. Its something that will be done when you update. Thats all.

just tried the latest version and its really nice looking, but it lags so damn bad now its worse then chernarus for me, while your first version didnt lag much at all, i think its all those rocks you have now, but hey atleast it looks nice. good job and nice improvment, but if its possible to figure out whats causing the stutters that would be great.

You dont need to do anything. Its something that will be done when you update. Thats all.

I tried looking for it.. where it at?

just tried the latest version and its really nice looking, but it lags so damn bad now its worse then chernarus for me, while your first version didnt lag much at all, i think its all those rocks you have now, but hey atleast it looks nice. good job and nice improvment, but if its possible to figure out whats causing the stutters that would be great.

I noticed this aswell, something that i find quite awkward is that i get very good fps when i dont travel fast and stick around a certain areas bu run into lag spikes when i'm on the move, then it stutters.

Mostly it happens when moving towards large ammount of big rocks, so i tested more. For me it seems the worst when i have terrain detail on very high/high and when large ammounts of big rocks are in my fov, on the other hadn when i use low terrain detail the stuttering is almost gone. I dot get the same results on Chernarus, its only there that its not that exegarated that much since there are far smaller groups of rocks together.

Maybe some has similar test results or more information on this?

Latest update on SIX Aiaktalik is available trough the updater.

* Reduced big rocks extremly (from 57000 to 1700)

Hopefully this will eliminate the strange stuttering or lag spikes.

Feel free to report back on the hopefully gone stuttering and other changes on the map?

Edited by Chill xl

Can you make the versions incompatible with each other. Or add an addon object each version that mission editers can place that will disconnect players who join with the wrong version?

I have a major problem with people having different versions in tvt becasue some people have rocks and some dont't. So people that don't have a major advantage.

Can you make the versions incompatible with each other. Or add an addon object each version that mission editers can place that will disconnect players who join with the wrong version?

I have a major problem with people having different versions in tvt becasue some people have rocks and some dont't. So people that don't have a major advantage.

Thats not a map issue, thats a server administrator problem. The addon keys you use i assume.

Thats not a map issue, thats a server administrator problem. The addon keys you use i assume.

Our servers dont run with key check.

Any news on the lag spikes or stuttering, hope its resolved? Furthermore, i would like to know about crashes while loading the map, if anyone experiences these please let me know and provide me the details. Like the rpt, video settings and gfx card...

Our servers dont run with key check.

And there is your problem.

No lag spikes at all, 60fps running, flying for me.Haven't tried the earlier version though.

Is there a possibility that in larger areas that don't change much in elevation (basically a difference of 10-20' within a 200m radius) can you actually have some of the rocks removed? I know you're after the infantry combat, but try focusing more on concealment and not cover. Even with the updated map using less rocks, vehicles still have to wind their way between them or risk getting stuck. This completely removes that option for mission makers. More trees, some field grass (the stuff that grows up to your waist) and a few large rocks every so often would be cool to see.

And yeah, eventually having some roads and trails (1 or 2 painted roads, a few more paved but not painted, and a bunch of 2-tracks) would be nice.

hows progress going on this?

i'm going to have to echo AJsarge's comments and reiterate my own request from a couple months back, LESS ROCKS please :) , i would actually prefer them to be minimal, located in small areas of clumped rocky patches, rather than uniformly(and densely) spread across every hectare, specially in the more open areas around the north side of the map. This terrain is ideal for making vehicle based missions except for the fact that there's annoying big rocks everywhere.This is even more painful when AI is involved :( Its not even about how it looks with these big boulders, but how it makes it really difficult/impossible to play vehicles in these areas.

Edited by chappy

is the latest version beta 1.3 available anywhere besides thru the 6thSense Portal?

If not, is it possible to get a direct link to the page where it's posted, or zip file that's there?

~salute~

ps:

I did download an entry @ Armacholic, but i think it is still an older beta.

Please advise.

Thanx.

With regards to AJSarge and Chappy's comments, my [unsolicited] two cents are that the island is good as it is: much of Afghanistan (dunno about Arizona) is not conducive to vehicle movements. You're tied to the existing lines of communication for a reason. There are some areas that are good for vehicle movement in RC South, for example, like most of the province of Kandahar - but then there are areas that are not good at all for that, for instance Helmand province, which is just next door to Kandahar.

but is it not good for movement because of randomly placed giant grey rocks? or for other reasons ? I'm all for making it 'exactly' like afghanistan but im tipping this aint what astan looks like, nor is the elevation data or map name specifically linked to any specific location in that lovely country.

I only ask for an area for vehicle movement open terrrain because at the moment there is pretty much zero suitable maps or parts of maps that can handle a platoon level let alone a company level mechanised/armoured mission. The terrain offered in this map has the right terrain for this type of mission, but its been overlayed with random rocks that ruin that prospect currently :(

Don't get me wrong, put the rocks everywhere else, in the steeper stuff and around those deep defiles fer sure, but leave the rolling terrain to the north of the map open pleeeeassssse

Please don't update the map within these 3 days heheheh I am releasing my mission based on this map. :)

is the latest version beta 1.3 available anywhere besides thru the 6thSense Portal?

If not, is it possible to get a direct link to the page where it's posted, or zip file that's there?

~salute~

ps:

I did download an entry @ Armacholic, but i think it is still an older beta.

Please advise.

Thanx.

I get an older version on the 6th sense server at the moment.

"@six_aiaktalik

Fri Dec 18 13:47:00 +0100 2009

Build 2"

How the hell do I download this? My six-updater only downloads ACE files. Is there some kind of secret to this I'm missing? Is it too much to ask for a clear, step-by-step set of instructions since you can't even use a direct link?

Edited by Njayjay

How the hell do I download this? My six-updater only downloads ACE files. Is there some kind of secret to this I'm missing? Is it too much to ask for a clear, step-by-step set of instructions since you can't even use a direct link?

are you a total noob or what? all you do is complain. Go to your presets in the configuration section in the six updater suite and add it to the preset you are using. That is all I am going to spoon feed you or you can probably do what most people do and that is read. How bout starting here...http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92466

jezus take it easy, why get all mad about questions? its like a fucking dictatorship around here

Sometimes, when the same questions reappear again and again it gets to your nerves, that is all. And really, if he read the instructions he would have had no problems with installing it, that is just my opinion.

Now on to my cause of posting :D

Thanks for this beautiful island cheers!