Sign in to follow this  
floosy

[ADO] Quesh-Kibrul v1.0

You don't need to define anything if you are using the ambient civilian module on Utes or Chernareus. Just drop the module somewhere on the map and you are good to go. The only reason to change any of the module parameters is if you don't want to use the defaults. I've messed with this a little bit, but if you bring the civilian count too high things get weird and performance drops, so I don't recommend it. But if you do want to tune that stuff, the module is documented on the BIS editing wiki.

I know all about that; I'm talking about using the ambient civ module on non-standard islands like Quesh Kibrul.

User-made islands need 2 things in place for Ambient Civs (and JTD traffic, etc) to work...

*Suitable Buildings in place on the map

*Some basic definitions in the island config

With both of these included the civs spawn fine... I got it working on Sahrani no probs, and also on my WIP island...

THIS post on the old CAA1 thread and the next few pages are worth a read, but it's pretty straightforward to do... There's a few other aspects, such as the "neighbors" parameter which I don't fully understand yet (though I think the neighbors thing is more to do with civ speech interaction), but basic civ spawning via ALICE module works OK...

Suitable buildings is the major factor - they need added at the actual island-construction phase, whereas the config entries could just be added with a patch...

More about "suitable houses" and a download link for an example (Sahrani) Civs-enabling patch in this post.

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Bushlurker, thanks for the info, hope to see this make it into a future version of QK (and all third-party islands, for that matter!)

Yeah I would second that. This is by far my favorite map right now- all the stuff I'm doing is based on it pretty much. However, it would be fantastic to have ALICE and SILVIE working properly- battle isn't the same without the fun of having to work around civvie cars and differentiate between rifleman and briefcaseman ;)

If ADO could possibly put its massively-powered heads together and get ALICE and SILVIE working, I'd love them like hell (small tribute, but whatever -_o )

Great Island! I've already missed the color of sand in ArmA2 ;P

It would be great if the groundsurface would be more smooth. On most places its very angular. Hard to place static groundobjects without clipping.

Great Island! The only drawback is too many fences which is worst night mare for AI. Please try reducing fences in next version. But excellent map!

Agreed^. The fences are very annoying. Either remove some of the fences or make more than one opening.

Sometimes I'll wander into a large fenced in area not noticing the fence and I come to the end to see there is a fence and no way out, now I have to take all the time just to run back to the opening and around the fenced in area. For certain areas is appropriate but it seems a bit overkill in this map.

That is what makes this special.

The pathing works, as does the road system, I reckon this is the best map for a good street fight as far as the town is concerned.

The one thing I would perhaps like to see changed is the angle that some of the smaller island coastal roads are set.

9/10, et bein fait, bravo.

Apologies if this has already been posted (I did look, but may have missed it).

The runway lights are indestructible. If an M1A1 runs into it, the tank bounces up in the air and the pole is undamaged. If a subsequent release is done, could they be made like fences so they can be knocked down, that would be great.

Really superb island. Thanks very much for all of the hard work.

Nice one Floosy, this map is probably my favourite of all. Great detail and setting.

Nice work mate- cheers.

Errors in RPT file:

ca\misc\terc.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

ca\misc3\camonet_east_var1.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc3\camonet_east_var1.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc\heli_h_cross.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

ca\misc3\wf\wf_hesco_big_10x.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc3\wf\wf_hesco_big_10x.p3d: house, config class missing

Guys a quick question...

Anyone having difficulty with AI Helicopters 'creeping' throuh the sky? I have used a waypoint and 'FULL' as the speed and they fly slower than I can walk... ?

Any ideas?

Cheers

BD1

Firstly, great map - well done!

I noticed that there are no Location objects on the map - no CityCenter's, StrongpointArea's, FlatArea's, etc.

I have a Patrol script that drives randomly from CityCenter to CityCenter. Works perfectly on Utes and Chernarus - but no such locations on Quesh Kibrul unfortunately.

Any chance you can add them into the next release?

Hi!

Does this map not wprk when running ACE2 or something? I install it per instructions, and get to the map in the editor. When I press preview, the game CTD's :'(

Just finished creating a mission with ACE² for it without any problems.

-Check your arma2.rpt in AppData\Local\ArmA2 to get a bit more information about your CTDs + test it without further addons to rule out problems created by others.

i've got a major bug!

for some reason the water levels are not the same in singleplayer and dedicated multiplayer!

as a result this fucks my mission up because i have a water insertion and other stuff that happens over the water!!

the water when on the dedicated server is around 0.5 to 1 meter lower!

Great Island! The only drawback is too many fences which is worst night mare for AI. Please try reducing fences in next version. But excellent map!

Agreed. I have AI pathfinding issues with Benny Warfare on this island.

It's a great addon. Any chance of an update to some of the issues detailed in this thread soon?

i've got a major bug!

for some reason the water levels are not the same in singleplayer and dedicated multiplayer!

as a result this fucks my mission up because i have a water insertion and other stuff that happens over the water!!

the water when on the dedicated server is around 0.5 to 1 meter lower!

Not sure if you're aware, but water levels change with date & time. Check if time in both missions is the same. Some missions have a time selector and at certain (high tide) times the rivers are even unpassable on some maps.

Of course IceBreakr is right :cool:

@ Baker65 & CaptainBravo : there will be no update for my [ADO]team mate is no longer modding here. So the map will stay as it is : a very good map for the purpose it has been built ^^, mostly a large training ground area with various environments.

Of course IceBreakr is right :cool:

@ Baker65 & CaptainBravo : there will be no update for my [ADO]team mate is no longer modding here. So the map will stay as it is : a very good map for the purpose it has been built ^^, mostly a large training ground area with various environments.

Did he also make the buildings used? I'm asking because Ambient Civilians uses specific memory positions (AIdoorX) from houses to spawn AI's. Very few of the houses on the island have these, only 1 in the city (the building near the landing strip) so no AI with ALICE. If the buildings can/have been updated this map might become ALICE-friendly.