Sign in to follow this  
floosy

[ADO] Quesh-Kibrul v1.0

Thanks for this great map !

But I have a bug on the ground texture, I didn't try the last version, but I will post a picture when i'll be back home.

The thing is the ground texture becomes dark, when looking to certain direction only, just like the ground texture had a problem. I tried different settings for shadows and rendering but it continues. Did anyone already had this kind of problem ?

(I don't have this problem with Chernarus nor Utes, nor the winter map already realeased by ADO team)

The new version 2.0 of the map fixes it !! That's just great ! Heeehaaa gonna create a coop mission for my team mates, it's gonna rock !! :yay:

EDIT: Finally problem still there, I made a small movie, it's better than a big explaination...:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR0RGQVZ_dw&hl=fr&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR0RGQVZ_dw&hl=fr&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by xjiks

I saw your video, but after test in game with new version of the island, i don't have the same....

Don't have answer for you i think kju or other guys could give you informations.

I get a crash to desktop every time I try to preview anything on this map, any ideas why? please anyone know why, it's the only map that does this and I can't figure out why, I place objects and me on the map and go to preview and bam crash to desktop everytime.

I get a crash to desktop every time I try to preview anything on this map, any ideas why? please anyone know why, it's the only map that does this and I can't figure out why, I place objects and me on the map and go to preview and bam crash to desktop everytime.

Could you give your video parameters plz.

And materiel configuration.

What kind of units do u play with on the island? I couldnt find any desert OPFOR content.

"Could you give your video parameters plz.

And materiel configuration."

not sure exactly what all that means or how to give it to you, but, I use 1280x1090 for my resolution and all items are under "normal" setting accept "high" for terrain detail. Not sure what you mean by "material configuration" sorry, hope this helps. I have tried placing the pbo's directly in my addon folder and also using a mod folder as well and nothing works. I also tried updating it from the six-updater and still a CTD each time.

"Could you give your video parameters plz.

And materiel configuration."

not sure exactly what all that means or how to give it to you, but, I use 1280x1090 for my resolution and all items are under "normal" setting accept "high" for terrain detail. Not sure what you mean by "material configuration" sorry, hope this helps. I have tried placing the pbo's directly in my addon folder and also using a mod folder as well and nothing works. I also tried updating it from the six-updater and still a CTD each time.

try with normal for terrain detail.

What is your graphic card and cpu?

intel Core 2 Duo CPU

E6850 3.0ghz

card: Nvidia G force 8800GTX

It does seem to happen on other maps now, not sure what is the problem though. On addon maps I should say not on the maps that come with Arma2.

Edited by blackpulpit

I think it's a graphic card problem, try with a friend's one if you can

when I try to use this map in the specops sp scenario , the insertion point seems to be way north in the sea

Is it possible to move the insertion point? , when I load it up in the editor I cannot see it.

x2

The insertion point is so far north in the water in the Secops SP mission template you cant scroll out far enough in the editor to move it - anyone got a fix?

Have yet to play it, yet looks pretty good floosy. :bounce3:

Here is an improved config:

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/372

Made class based on Chernarus and that way lot of code can be dropped.

Did you modify DayLightingBrightAlmost on purpose? What does it change?

Same for Subdivision - Fractal - maxTrack. I don't know its effect yet. :o

Finally did you consider to put the config in a separate pbo? This way you

can tweak config and release patches for it without repacking / downloading

the whole thing. :)

New VTS version for Queshkibrul V2 island

mod @ACE needed

VTS is Live Multiplayer coop mission editor (3 Mn to create a complex coop with friends connected)

added - 1.05 AH64D

added - new norrin revive scritp version

fixed - 3D cam problem with patch 1.05 (cant exit)

I will make a Chernarus version tomorrow

Co@25ACE_VTS3_LiveEditor_A9c.queshkibrul.pbo

Edited by gonza

Hey,

You haven't used the default naming conventions for streetlights? Would it be possible to list them here so I can simulate a blackout?

**EDIT**

I managed to get the streetlights out. Problem is some of the strobing lights (including airfield are still on), if you can list the classname here it would be much appreciated!

Edited by rexehuk

Has anyone successfully gotten the Ambient Civilian module working on Quesh Kibrul? If so, how was it accomplished?

Excellent map, by the way!

Has anyone successfully gotten the Ambient Civilian module working on Quesh Kibrul? If so, how was it accomplished?

As far as I know, you can't use that modules on any other maps than the two BIS ones. I'm still kind of a newb at editing though, so I could be wrong.

As far as I know, you can't use that modules on any other maps than the two BIS ones. I'm still kind of a newb at editing though, so I could be wrong.

I've noticed the same thing - that civilian modules don't work on non-BIS maps. I am wondering if it's either impossible for them to work or island makers aren't making them compatible. I know next to nothing about editing islands, but see the top two posts on this page:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73497&page=3

It appears populated areas need to be properly defined before the civ module will work.

It appears populated areas need to be properly defined before the civ module will work.

You don't need to define anything if you are using the ambient civilian module on Utes or Chernareus. Just drop the module somewhere on the map and you are good to go. The only reason to change any of the module parameters is if you don't want to use the defaults. I've messed with this a little bit, but if you bring the civilian count too high things get weird and performance drops, so I don't recommend it. But if you do want to tune that stuff, the module is documented on the BIS editing wiki.