Sign in to follow this  
floosy

[ADO] Quesh-Kibrul v1.0

Thanks all for your comments :partytime:

But i don't know if i'll do another one.... perhaps ^^ ;)

Have problems to do this, but don't think we need to do an update only for this. I have to release the map for the community because of presure ^^

Floosy, a question, make you a title menü Intro for the great Island ?

Absolutely WYZe1, so many missions to be made. :D

Nice dusky atmosphere you've captured here.

Beautiful island, great work. In fact it may be too beautiful, leaves me wishing it was bigger! ;) :D

bof can do better, to see her you start you in creating island :nuts:... tcha tcha tcha :icon_hug:

Thanks for the map floosy! Great island that's fun to play on. However, is anyone else having trouble with fastrope scripts on this island? Both ADuke's choppers and vanilla choppers with norrin's script don't seem to work. I have them working fine on BIS maps and Everon. When I try them on this map the chopper will throw out the rope, but it will get stuck about halfway down. It then keeps creating infinite instances of the rope. Really weird. Not sure what might cause that. Here's a pic:

th_fastrope.jpg

Tried this with my squad buddies the other night, with one of my coop missions (to be released later on Armaholic).

It's a very good map!! Excellent details and big urban areas for close firefights. Of course there are desert terrain as well.

Just one thing struck me as odd; we accidentally brought down the International Hotel (very tall buildning) with 3 satchels placed 10-20 meters away from it (our intent was to blow up a nearby ammo cache). The entire building just collapsed on us, and given the size of it it looked pretty weird :) But that might be credited to BIS and not the island maker... I just thought I'd mention it =)

Again, really great map that I can recommend. I got a sweet Zatar Wetlands (BF2) feeling as well....yay

/ ]NTRUDER

yes actually there is a bug with the original building of BIS!

it is very fragile and breaks easily.

more after testing a removal of troops on the roof by helicopter IA works the lights all listed and non-stop while we are no longer visible lying on the roof!

Another bug for, ask a parachute on the roof it reappears on the ground floor?!?

BIS will hope that the bug fixes to building a future patch.

Loving the map great work however am absolutely gutted everytime i reload a mission i.e. carry on or die and resume it loads just water saying something where the .test is changed to .test1. are you planning any fix to this? Thnxs muchly

Loving the map great work however am absolutely gutted everytime i reload a mission i.e. carry on or die and resume it loads just water saying something where the .test is changed to .test1. are you planning any fix to this? Thnxs muchly

think ive found a temp fix for this, in the configs the island is called test1.wrp and in the pbo's main file ive changed both these to "test" (in the config) and in the game file. Seems to have fixed the problem now. Great map had to look for a fix because i couldn't play anything else after tasting this one and getting ideas:j:.

thanks i note this

;)

think ive found a temp fix for this, in the configs the island is called test1.wrp and in the pbo's main file ive changed both these to "test" (in the config) and in the game file. Seems to have fixed the problem now. Great map had to look for a fix because i couldn't play anything else after tasting this one and getting ideas:j:.

Yup. Class name must be same as wrp name.

Otherwise engine gets confused. :)

Done (for the fix), thx all.

searching error for the intro.

Yup. Class name must be same as wrp name.

Otherwise engine gets confused. :)

just tried....SUPERB.finally i can make large city assault,thx floosy

Does anyone know or remember how to make a graphic of the map for planning purpose? I think there was a command or something like that to make Arma to create a map for you.

Working on a fix:

- respawn in water after saving progression in editor --fixed--

- make doors in the airport lateral fence --in work--

- modification of terrain in some area --in work--

- making intro --in work-- need help if someone could help me please MP me.

Other suggestions?

Relaease for 01/10 ;)

Thanks man this island is awesome! Allready had some great fun playing in it.. BUT as you asked for suggestions..

I'd suggest changing the classname from test to something else PLEASE! I think using such a generic name in any place of such modded game is a very, VERY bad idea.

Also we noticed that all the door actions seem to be reversed, as in "Close door" will open it and "Open door" will close it.. That was very weird and could've been just some crazy twitch too.. I will have to look into this more..

Other than those things great work man! Great FPS, very good diversity of terrain types, not too big or too small either. Keep up the good work :)

Working on a fix:

- respawn in water after saving progression in editor --fixed--

- make doors in the airport lateral fence --in work--

- modification of terrain in some area --in work--

- making intro --in work-- need help if someone could help me please MP me.

Other suggestions?

Relaease for 01/10 ;)

For the doors, contact bIS ^^ there are BIS addons.

Taking your comments to my release, see you.

PM'ed you concerning the Intro-Issue.

Does anyone know or remember how to make a graphic of the map for planning purpose? I think there was a command or something like that to make Arma to create a map for you.

Go ingame, hit Shift and Minus, and then type "topography" (Without quotes). Now open the Map (usually M-Key), after some loading a .emf file should appear on your main Windows Drive (eg. C:/)

You can convert this .emf file to jpg using IrfanView.

Also there's an entry in the Biki.

Edited by Mondkalb