Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Here some new pics from our "Tornisterfunkgerät" we are using with 31stWW2mod in our coop campaign.

photo-164-6c667673.jpg

photo-165-b894f64b.jpg

Greetings

Jack

Just messing around with some things...

Edited by Rip31st

cool, never stand up in a fire fight brother :p Its looking great, would love to see some weapons videos demoing sound that would be great.

cool, never stand up in a fire fight brother :p Its looking great, would love to see some weapons videos demoing sound that would be great.

Oh yes forgot to mention...This vid demonstrates the view geometry included in our foilage that keeps ai and other players from seeing you. Concealment - not cover.

Chances are I was hit by a stray when I stood up. There were several landing craft and a helluva lot of machine gun fire.

sorry for the question but what is the line direction for 31st normandy mod for armed assault 2 or do you just put them in the addons and hope for the best lol

NO! do not put anything in the main Arma2 Directory addons folder!

Never!

Thats why its a Mod, and the mod already has its own folder, just put the folder in the main directory

and add it to your shortcut target line like this:

C:\Program Files\Arma2\arma2.exe -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@31stWWA2

Use the title of the Mod folder for the mod.

Keep in mind most mods are fairly simple they contain a folder with a title and in front of the title will be this symbol @

inside that folder is a folder called addons

so for exxample say you downloaded a bunch of addons for cars, and wanted to make your own mod to keep the addons together, as they are all cars.

you would create a mod folder, so first create a folder and then title it @Cars.

Then

Inside that folder create another folder and lable it addons.

Now all the pbos from the addons of the cars you got go into the addons folder.

and the @Cars folder with the addons folder inside will go into your main Arma2 directory.

from there you add the @cars to your shortcut Target line, which can be found by right clicking the

shortcut then going to properties. so your shortcut would look like this then:

C:\Program Files\Arma2\arma2.exe -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@Cars

and yes you need CBA, most mods require CBA.

An again never, ever put anything in the main addons folder in the directory, things will work but then sometimes

if you get to many things in there and you get an error then your screwed because you got a mess to sift through,

thats why we use mod folders as everything is self contained.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

The only thing I do in my addons folder were maps, because I dont want to have them 50 times in every mod

Ah never mind I fixed it. I only had the patches installed.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

The only thing I do in my addons folder were maps, because I dont want to have them 50 times in every mod

Understandable, its one way, but there are islands that have alot of other files connected, or related to them,

After screwing up a few times back in the OFP days with having stuff in the addons folder,

I always make mod folders now.

An example of what I do is I have one folder titled @Islands that is dedicated to nothing but every and any

island I want to use. Since I'm in the editor all the time then I have access to all the islands I want.

A video my good friend Beton gave to me today:

Shows some updates and other items troc and beton and put together recently

A video my good friend Beton gave to me today:

Shows some updates and other items troc and beton and put together recently

Very nice, the atmosphere is quite convincing (apart from the modern radio sounds, but i always can "enableradio false", which isn't satisfying).

Edited by ProfTournesol

Sorry I have a quick question, will the RC be ArmA CO or just A2?

Another rock wheeey!

But aye.

Will there be any british stuff?

Or German Paratroopers?

Another rock wheeey!

But aye.

Will there be any british stuff?

Or German Paratroopers?

I am working on a special project that will contain both, buth more of this later.

We do have Brits and there are fallschirms. Both are outdated and I believe we are going to end up with two new sets of both. 50th ID for the Brits are in work, also some canadian units and like Troc says, he has some stuff in the works.

You have Japanese soldiers? If yes, can you post a pic?

If you keep your eyes on this 31st-mod topic, we might have a surprise for you soon.

:yay:

I will I will introduce myself short.

Im a Level/Game Designer for 31st mod.

r there any other way to download this mod and keep it updated like addon sync or six uptader???:confused:

Edited by Cescollino

r there any other way to download this mod and keep it updated like addon sync or six uptader???:confused:

We haven't signed up for those, nor have we released anything for a while. When we do release it will be posted in the forums.

This time, Inv44 Mod could be compatible with 31st Mod. Having tested by '-mod=@31stww2A2;beta;@in44' and really a great fun with more troop choices for both.

This time, Inv44 Mod could be compatible with 31st Mod. Having tested by '-mod=@31stww2A2;beta;@in44' and really a great fun with more troop choices for both.

I have no clue if our mod is compatible with anything other then Vanilla ArmA2.

Do the same! Works great! But the I44 units have no chance against the 31 normandy units. Weaponhandling with the I44 units were another. But u can give them i44 weapons.