Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Like Soldat-Hans said, you might be able to run this mod with other mods, but the weapons and vehicles haven't been balanced with any other mod. You cannot make a what if scenario with the OA T-55 and King Tiger from out mod. Our King Tiger could might be par with BIS Abrams.

We have our own pentration table, ballistics, tracers, sounds, ammo, mags, etc. So there are big differences.

Quick Question:

Did you guys rework the ammo hit and armor values for all of your vehicles and set them within historical bounds?

First time I tested a download of this mod (the first try), they seemed not to be self-consistent, i.e. I recall an easy penetration of a Tiger's frontal armor by the Stuart's 37 mm, while in return other tanks did not penetrate armor they were supposed to historically penetrate with high probability.

Also I recall the values were not comparable to the other "modern ARMA2 (BIS)" units and an M1A2 could easily be taken on (frontally) by a Tiger, or a StugIII. That is totally unrealistic.

It would be great if this mod would be completely self-consistent, consistent with the stock units (even though just few player will want to try some fictional what-ifs), and hopefully also consistent with other WW2 mods coming. It would also be awesome if the units here would be configured to use the ACE2 damage system.

That is what I like about this mod, it allows you to go outside the historical boundaries unlike most World War II games and mods.

Quick Question:

Did you guys rework the ammo hit and armor values for all of your vehicles and set them within historical bounds?

First time I tested a download of this mod (the first try), they seemed not to be self-consistent, i.e. I recall an easy penetration of a Tiger's frontal armor by the Stuart's 37 mm, while in return other tanks did not penetrate armor they were supposed to historically penetrate with high probability.

Also I recall the values were not comparable to the other "modern ARMA2 (BIS)" units and an M1A2 could easily be taken on (frontally) by a Tiger, or a StugIII. That is totally unrealistic.

It would be great if this mod would be completely self-consistent, consistent with the stock units (even though just few player will want to try some fictional what-ifs), and hopefully also consistent with other WW2 mods coming. It would also be awesome if the units here would be configured to use the ACE2 damage system.

Our system before was borked with the beta release because we used vehicle/weapon configs from many sources through out our community.

This time we have compounded our configs into one damage model which is consistent with historial weapons data. There are game engine limitations which we had to account for.

I personally don't think it will be very compatible with other mods. Undesired results will probably be achieved when used together.

We cannot make this comparable to the BIS modern units. If we would, we had to put the hit values so low that there is no room to differentiate the weapons we are trying to model here (i.e. WW2 time weapons) from each other sufficiently. Besides we would have to stick to the default hit point system then.

Who knows maybe we could give a model of Centurion, T-44 or T-54 for what if scenarios

help!! i get this messge every time i try to run this mod

hrjrjrtjrj.jpg

Your profile is borked!

A path in your oa profile pointing to the joystick has a config problem.

Does it do it with normal oa?

Your profile is borked!

A path in your oa profile pointing to the joystick has a config problem.

Does it do it with normal oa?

This is not mod related.

This is not mod related.
help!! i get this messge every time i try to run this mod hrjrjrtjrj.jpg

I guess it depends. He said it happens everytime he runs this mod and I just wanted to make sure it doesn't with the stock game. If it does then it's obviously not mod related :)

Great Mod by the way. Looking forward to the release.

Dumb question but thought I'd ask anyways, Can you not just release the great addons and give us the map later and also have you fixed the dark ground textures with the new map?

Like the sig. I was all " rapid fashion " back before they become Uber popular in the late 80's and even saw them in concert with 18,000 other screaming fans. It was Awesome!

Back on topic. Can't wait for the revised content to be released.

Just a quick question.

The pics of tanks etc from T Roc is not in the latest beta release (patch 3) right? Its not out yet... Or are the tanks in there, but I am looking at the wrong tank versions?

Also, is there a sub somewhere in this mod?

Just a quick question.

The pics of tanks etc from T Roc is not in the latest beta release (patch 3) right? Its not out yet... Or are the tanks in there, but I am looking at the wrong tank versions?

Also, is there a sub somewhere in this mod?

Troc's latest will be released with the mod. They are drastically different and improved. All new sounds, weapons, etc.

Yes there are submarines, but they are part of a later release of this mod. The majority of the naval units will be in 2.00. We've already made torpedo's and we have large ships done and more in work.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Like the sig. I was all " rapid fashion " back before they become Uber popular in the late 80's and even saw them in concert with 18,000 other screaming fans. It was Awesome!

Depeche Mode rocks! :yay: :D :D :D

Are the Inf-weapons reworked since the last(patch 3) release?

Are the Inf-weapons reworked since the last(patch 3) release?

Yes ALL of them are new.

54696187.jpg

this looks like a tank M26 Pershing? or am I wrong?

*oops ... :confused: I just noticed the barrel is not an M26, it would be really nice to have a good M26 in the game.

can you make one? :D the KILLER TIGER but it did not measure up to the tiger

:p

Edited by colonel29

That seems to be a Soviet KV-1 model 1940 aka KV-1A (based on that the turret seems to be welded instead of cast as on the model 1941 aka KV-1E), and the hull MG cupola.

The M26 Pershing is really different.

Edited by JdB

Pershing is very diff.

We have one. You will get it. Soon.

That seems to be a Soviet KV-1 model 1940 aka KV-1A (based on that the turret seems to be welded instead of cast as on the model 1941 aka KV-1E), and the hull MG cupola.

The M26 Pershing is really different.

great shot where it comes from ?

@ Rip31st

really! you are our gods !

0038.gif

Edited by colonel29

great shot where it comes from ?

@ Rip31st

really! you are our gods !

0038.gif

We also have the cromwell.

Rip, I'm not sure if you'd have an idea or not, but I have a few questions. I'm currently working over a warfare map using ya'lls Normandy map and the mods. I'm using a transplant of Benny's Warfare v2.64. So far the only real issue I've been able to find is that when I put the 31st mod into the scripts and add a weapon into the loudout config (in this case an MP40) they aren't showing up.

Before when I've done this in the past with other weapon mods all I had to do was make sure the addons were in the mission.sqf, and added in the weapons into the loadout script, and they popped up just fine.

Now one of the things I'm curious about is the class names for the weapons. I de-PBO'd the "rwweap" addon inside of 31st Normandy so that I could get access to the "config.bin" file to attempt to ascertain the class names for the weapons. As far as I can tell the class names are in there, but based on my test runs, I'm probably getting them wrong.

For instance, what I'm seeing for the MP40 is:

"class rw_mp40 : M4A1 {"

(RW_MP40 being what I have as it's class name)

and then carrying on with the model info and such. Are these weapons perhaps replacing the standard weapons or something? Or maybe I'm missing something like having to do "31stNormandy_rw_mp40" or something? I've been fooling with it for a few days to no avail, so I figured I'd see if you or anyone else has any thoughts.

Edited by Strengthofsin

Rip, I'm not sure if you'd have an idea or not, but I have a few questions. I'm currently working over a warfare map using ya'lls Normandy map and the mods. I'm using a transplant of Benny's Warfare v2.64. So far the only real issue I've been able to find is that when I put the 31st mod into the scripts and add a weapon into the loudout config (in this case an MP40) they aren't showing up.

Before when I've done this in the past with other weapon mods all I had to do was make sure the addons were in the mission.sqf, and added in the weapons into the loadout script, and they popped up just fine.

Now one of the things I'm curious about is the class names for the weapons. I de-PBO'd the "rwweap" addon inside of 31st Normandy so that I could get access to the "config.bin" file to attempt to ascertain the class names for the weapons. As far as I can tell the class names are in there, but based on my test runs, I'm probably getting them wrong.

For instance, what I'm seeing for the MP40 is:

"class rw_mp40 : M4A1 {"

(RW_MP40 being what I have as it's class name)

and then carrying on with the model info and such. Are these weapons perhaps replacing the standard weapons or something? Or maybe I'm missing something like having to do "31stNormandy_rw_mp40" or something? I've been fooling with it for a few days to no avail, so I figured I'd see if you or anyone else has any thoughts.

Are you talking about when they spawn in without weapons?

Nah, I'm talking about the loadout config's for the barracks when you purchase gear in warfare. I'm thinking I'm just reading the class names wrong in the "RWWeap" addon inside of ya'lls 31st Normandy2 PBO file or something.

The problem I'm having is when all the information in the script is input correctly (based on previous weapon mods I've added to warfare) that none of the weapons show up in the buy menu on the barracks. As far as I can tell this indicates an improper class name, but as far as I can tell "RW_MP40" is the proper class name based on the Config.bin file from the RWWeap addon inside of 31st Normandy 2. It shows -"class rw_mp40 : M4A1 {", however from digging around it seems like other weapons in other addons don't include the " : M4A1" portion. I was curious if that was somehow either part of the class name, or if it was an indicator that the weapon was intended to completly replace the M4A1 or something.

I've tested other mixtures of possible class names such as "31stNormandy2_rw_mp40", but nothing's seeming to call the weapon up for use in-game. Not sure if it might have something to do with it or not, but I'm using Combined Ops (started up on Steam from a straight OA purchase), and I'm making sure the class names are in the proper place in the barracks loadout config that is part of Benny's Warfare scripts.

Im not sure if this template will still work, but try it out. It's a warfare mission I made for ArmA1 a while ago. Take a look at all the configs, I really don't remember how I made it work, but all I know it took a bit to make it work out.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4211&highlight=WW2+WARFARE