Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

yes there are actually many problems in the released version. In our campaign we fix the problems for us, or just not using the problem pbos.

We all waiting for the next version. I think it will be much better at all.

But we have also much fun with the actually version, but you have to select the pbos which are working and leave the others away from your missions.

Greetings

Jack Unger

Are you using Operation Arrowhead?

I believe the latest version of the mod was released before Operation Arrowhead came out, so it hasn't been updated.

I downloaded this a few days ago and tried it with Combined Operations and had the same problem, figured it hadn't been updated yet.

no just regular arma 2. i just don't get why some of you download the same as me, and then some of my stuff dont work but yours do. i downloaded the 3 rar files and extracted them into addons.

@laban

I'm sorry to hear you have problems. You might have not done anything wrong

The alpha version available has lot of textures missing which shows as bright white objects. The reason why you have seen pics where this is not so...dunno...maybe you have looked some of the pics of the coming update?

Some of the vehicles still had the old arma1 crew names causing them to crash to desktop if creating a manned unit in the editor. Some units are in wrong side and/or faction.

All these problems should be fixed in the next version.

@laban

I'm sorry to hear you have problems. You might have not done anything wrong

The alpha version available has lot of textures missing which shows as bright white objects. The reason why you have seen pics where this is not so...dunno...maybe you have looked some of the pics of the coming update?

Some of the vehicles still had the old arma1 crew names causing them to crash to desktop if creating a manned unit in the editor. Some units are in wrong side and/or faction.

All these problems should be fixed in the next version.

okay thank you. any word on when to expect the new version?

okay thank you. any word on when to expect the new version?

Read through the thread...there are pics and information and even some videos.

HOWEVER, There is a lot that we developed that we did not show. :p

Does that include creating a new song alongisde Depeche Mode? :D

Man i love this mod lotssss! Normandy is my favourite part of World War II :D

Nah, i was talking about those buildings :

(...) done by Linker Split, which ported some buildings to OFP from another game which i don't remember the name. IMHO those buildings suit much more WW2 era in France than BIS ones.

. Seeing this white-blue ad of Hotel Du Cheval Noir makes me wonder if it's not Call Of Duty 1? Well, who knows, it's been 7 years already, plus these building would look like utter crap in A2 anyway

Browsing the free 3-D model sites may give some interesting results though ;) just to give some random examples:

http://www.sparkyworld.org/images/bigpix/9_france_large.jpg

http://gfx-3d-model.blogspot.com/2008/12/old-buildings-architecture-model.html

Regards

Topas

Were working on some Normandy style buildings. We already have a few, but we need to add more.

Here's some Pointe du Hoc WIP:

pdha21.jpg

pdha2.jpg

Do groups not work because Im getting an error message then crashes whenever I try to get groups in editor.

Do groups not work because Im getting an error message then crashes whenever I try to get groups in editor.

I quote myself only 11 posts back...which was already a repost of an old issue.

"Some of the vehicles still had the old arma1 crew names causing them to crash to desktop if creating a manned unit in the editor."

As I said this is fixed in the next version. Be patient.

Until that you have place an empty vehicle and the crew separately and order it to man the vehicle.

Its not vehicles... its the Infantry on both Allies and Axis side.

We did not configure any groups in the editor for the beta. When the Alpha is released it will have groups.

This answer is in the thread if you do a search using the thread tools.

Is there anywhere else I can download this mod from? With Armaholic being down I cant get the last two patches (b & c). Anyone know somewhere that has them?

EDIT:

Or even better a URL for Addon Sync 2009

Edited by Scorpio17523

Is there anywhere else I can download this mod from? With Armaholic being down I cant get the last two patches (b & c). Anyone know somewhere that has them?

EDIT:

Or even better a URL for Addon Sync 2009

Tryed http://www.armedassault.info/ ?

Yea, patch b is a dead link and it doesnt have c

EDIT:

Ok, I found c, but patch 2 (version b) is still a dead link.

EDIT EDIT:

Nevermind... Armaholic is back up now

Edited by Scorpio17523

Yea, patch b is a dead link and it doesnt have c

EDIT:

Ok, I found c, but patch 2 (version b) is still a dead link.

EDIT EDIT:

Nevermind... Armaholic is back up now

So all the links work?

I need to update the beginning of this thread, some of the vid links are dead.

hi

:p

euh.... and for the M26 pershing tank , don't work ? I have got an error message can't open r31st_M26.p3d

bad config or what ?

too disappointed :o

I just finished the model of the M26 in the scale 1:16

I would have liked to see an M26 in this game

hi

:p

euh.... and for the M26 pershing tank , don't work ? I have got an error message can't open r31st_M26.p3d

bad config or what ?

too disappointed :o

I just finished the model of the M26 in the scale 1:16

I would have liked to see an M26 in this game

Sounds like you are missing something

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

I'd like to remind people that this is a community based mod. Yes we have a mod team of regular members that contribute. But this is open to those that wish to help out. IF you are interested in contributing whether its a model, a mission, a config, wiki, music, art work, maybe you wish to help work on our map, or you may be interested in WWII weapons, uniforms, equipment, etc. There is always a place for you to help out.

Please feel free to contact me. Right now our biggest obstacle from putting out the mod is the map. IF you can place objects in the mission editor in 2D & 3D mode and you know how to save them as a mission. You have the ability to work on the map with us. Send me a PM if you wish to help out.

Guess I'm looking to this WW2 mod from now on, 'invasion' and 'Wacht am Rhein' have both been closed...