Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Does the 31st have a website?

I remember the clan (31st) has a website. The mod...not as far as I know...which would be pretty odd since I'm in developing it too :p

Weeeeeee Depeche Mode! :don8:

:dancehead:

Brilliant mod though, cant wait for more updates :D

:singer: Depeche Mode: Wrong :singer:

yes!!!!

It would make it easier to stay on top of this mod if you guys had a website or forums or both.

This thread is our forum. Why do we need a website? :rolleyes:

This mod is looking good, Will this be compabitable with Combined Operations/OA?

One thing I like about this mod, is that it also has the Secret and Prototype weapons included, not just the historical weapons.

This mod is looking good, Will this be compabitable with Combined Operations/OA?

This requires the class structure and definitions from Arma2. Also some Arma2 textures and sounds have been used. As long as those are there, it should work fine.

Hey, this mod is looking better and better each time you show pics.

I have a question, has the terrain been fixed so it doesn't look dark but normal like Chernarus or Saharani?

Hey, this mod is looking better and better each time you show pics.

I have a question, has the terrain been fixed so it doesn't look dark but normal like Chernarus or Saharani?

Yes it has been fixed.

Is there anywhere else this can get downloaded from? I have spent fifteen hours trying to download the main file and get a ' unexpected end of file' each time.

This requires the class structure and definitions from Arma2. Also some Arma2 textures and sounds have been used. As long as those are there, it should work fine.

I tried it and this is the results

All of the infantry weapons are invisible

Most of the Vehicles do not show up(not even under empty)

Normandy nor Hurtenwald show up on the island selection menu in the editor.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Here the news and some pictures from our 31stWW2 Campaign Day 4 yesterday on our own map St.Lô

http://fh-warzone.de/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1161

thx to Dimitri Harkov who is modding for us.

Gruß

Jack Unger

Well, i can't say say that those buildings look like WW2 French ones, but it doesn't really matter. I know it's hard to recreate realistic ones.

EDIT : those ones look like WW2 French buildings in Normandy. But i know those models were ported from another game.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Well, i can't say say that those buildings look like WW2 French ones, but it doesn't really matter. I know it's hard to recreate realistic ones.

EDIT : those ones look like WW2 French buildings in Normandy. But i know those models were ported from another game.

The buildings used look like the standard BIS models. What game would BIS have ported them from? :confused:

hmmmm I didn't see any of those in his link, maybe I missed them.

hmmmm I didn't see any of those in his link, maybe I missed them.

????? No, there isn't any ! You should re-read my first post...i must have been unclear so :

I meant that :

(1) BIS buildings don't suit WW2 too much.

(2) Some others such as Linker Split ones, PORTED INTO OFP FROM ANOTHER GAME (with authorization), give a much better "WW2 feeling" than BIS ones.

(3) Not a big deal after all.

yes thats correct, but better then nothing i think. We must use the buildings we have. But the most player dont really thinking about such things.

First they are interested in weapons. Look at the second photo there you can see the FG42 from our modder Heini.

But maybe when new ww2 buildings will come, we will use it.

Greetings

Jack Unger

yes thats correct, but better then nothing i think. We must use the buildings we have. But the most player dont really thinking about such things.

First they are interested in weapons. Look at the second photo there you can see the FG42 from our modder Heini.

But maybe when new ww2 buildings will come, we will use it.

Greetings

Jack Unger

True, that was just a suggestion. I always thought that "buildings and streets style" is a very immersive part of the gameplay, much more than a FG42.... Particularly in a map like St Lô mostly figuring a town and its suburbs. Being French and knowing St Lô, I may be more sensitive with this subject than others :). Then again, it's not a big deal. I'm sure you've got enough work with other parts of the mod.

True, that was just a suggestion. I always thought that "buildings and streets style" is a very immersive part of the gameplay, much more than a FG42.... Particularly in a map like St Lô mostly figuring a town and its suburbs. Being French and knowing St Lô, I may be more sensitive with this subject than others :). Then again, it's not a big deal. I'm sure you've got enough work with other parts of the mod.

Are you trying to say you want to contribute in the mod by creating some WW2 looking buildings? ;)

I would like to see correct looking buildings and maps too, but creating lot of houses where you can go in is real pain. Then there are limitations in the game which make it less rewarding like destroyed buildings sink only 20m. Not so much fun realising that after the hours spent creating a tall cathedral.

Some of those buildings you posted bring Call of duty to my mind.

Are you trying to say you want to contribute in the mod by creating some WW2 looking buildings? ;)

I would like to see correct looking buildings and maps too, but creating lot of houses where you can go in is real pain. Then there are limitations in the game which make it less rewarding like destroyed buildings sink only 20m. Not so much fun realising that after the hours spent creating a tall cathedral.

Some of those buildings you posted bring Call of duty to my mind.

Ooops, nope, i've got enough to do in my pipe with my OFP work (more days of work than players left ;)). I wasn't aware of those troubles with buildings in ArmA2, and yes i know it's a lot of work to create interiors...i'm currently making Ancient Roman buildings :dead:

i have a problem with some stuff in this mod, some textures are missing and some objects wont load. some vehicles have mgs that are bright white, russian tanks dont work and hanomags are glowing amongst other things. i see screenshots of these things working as they should. what am i doing wrong?

i have a problem with some stuff in this mod, some textures are missing and some objects wont load. some vehicles have mgs that are bright white, russian tanks dont work and hanomags are glowing amongst other things. i see screenshots of these things working as they should. what am i doing wrong?

Are you using Operation Arrowhead?

I believe the latest version of the mod was released before Operation Arrowhead came out, so it hasn't been updated.

I downloaded this a few days ago and tried it with Combined Operations and had the same problem, figured it hadn't been updated yet.